Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Hooray - thrilled that I managed to have a good day yesterday, SE and only 8 syns. :p Actually felt quite full but still squeezed in my supper of ryvita and cheese! Doubley pleased as Wednesday can often be a s*d it day for me, it being the day after WI. So I'm hopefully off to a good start as I didn't have my Tuesday night treat this week either. All these things add up!

Today will be equally as good. One day at a time I tell myself ;)

Thursday SE

Breakfast - bacon (1/3) eggs and tomatoes.

Lunch - probably tuna (1/3) and a big salad again! Leaves, tomato, onion, carrot, pepper, radish and apple.
Mango chunks and yoghurt (1 syn)

Dinner - Home made beef burgers (1/3) topped with an A choice of cheese with a big salad an a B choice of jacket potato wedges.

Supper - 3 ryvita (6) with cottage cheese

A - milk

Last edited:
Two 100% days in and I'm feeling pretty good :) Let's see if I can make it 3!

SE is pretty tough for me as I tend to make it meat and salad/veg based instead of my normal pasta/rice/EE type meals. It will be worth it to get me on the straight and narrow though. If I can lose a couple of pounds this week I'll get back to red/green/EE until my hols.

Friday SE

Breakfast bacon (1/3) fried eggs and tinned tomatoes. 1 small bread (3)

Lunch Small jacket potato (1/3) with cottage cheese and salad.

Dinner Beef casserole (beef with tinned toms, peppers, onion, carrot) with cauli and broccoli.

A - milk
Supper will be A choice of cheese on a B choice of ryvita.

Syns - tbc

Wow, what a lovely hot weekend. I do like the sunshine. Long may it continue!!

Had an okay foodie weekend, bit busy so didn't go completely to plan but it was good. I feel pretty bloated though as I'm drinking so much water!

Today's food.

Breakfast - pineapple, kiwi and strawberries

Lunch - Just about to make an omelette with ham and tomato and baked beans.

Dinner - home made burgers served with roasted squash and salad.

I think today looks like an EE day!!

Wheatbran instead of scanbran

When we have OatsoSimple (or the supermarket equivalent) we're now adding 2 dsp - approx 10g - pure wheatbran in per portion. It is SO much easier and cheaper than using Scan Bran, and we can also add it to other foods without noticing the taste, and are making bran cakes out of it, but have still not got that quite right yet!

I started doing the same thing (with Morrisons Wheatbran) but I wondered if that was ok as I couldn't find wheatbran in the SW book or on the website.

I'm a newbie so I'm still experimenting.

Back