Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Hun, your meals always sound delicious!!!
Now that Im on FF Im starving and the only comfort Im getting is reading other people's food diaries!!! Lol

I'm not doing very well at the moment, not much looking forward to WI tomorrow. BUT..... I'm now back at work, DD is back at school and things can get back to normal.

I'm sitting tonight and planning my week's meals, I'm doing a full week of success express to kick start me once again. We have a free weekend coming up but after that we have something on every weekend for about 5 weeks. Eek! So that means I'll be lucky to lose any weight those weeks. I need 2lb off.

Right, pen and pencil and magazine and cookbooks at the ready. Planning here we come!!! (with a cuppa and some chocolate)

Planning is such a winner. It totally gets you in the zone! Good luck tomorrow hon, I hope you can shift a bit of that little teensy gain.

Sorry I've not been checking in recently, I've been so rubbish on the minis front, it's shocking...and might be contributing to my seemingly 'sod it' attitude at the moment. So much for actual effort!

Here's to a great next week :)

Thanks Lovely Hellie *hugs*

Your post prompted me to get my thinking cap on re the minis front. It's so true, when I've been naughty I don't write all my food down, if at all and don't really post on here especially on a weekend.

It's been a tough couple of week though what with my bad week and then being off last week, foods gone completely to pot.

I did do a full week's food planning last night though, discounting tomorrow lunch which will be at the Wake, I will be 100% on plan. Actual, Determined and Full Focused Effort (TM) begins.

Tuesday 3rd November EE

Breakfast - 2 "fried eggs" with 2 slices of ham on 2 small slices of toast (B)

Lunch - 4 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (4) with cottage cheese and onion. 2 satsumas.

Dinner - Lamb Tagine (from the magazine) with rice.

I'm really looking forward to my dinner, been wanting to make this Tagine since last week!

I saw that Tangine advertised in the mag and wondered about making it too...it sounds delicious...let me know what its like Hun!!
Glad to read that you are back on plan again.

xxx

Mrs V - the Tagine was absolutely gorgeous. I'm so impressed with it, me, OH and DD loved it which is a success in my book. :)

STS!!! Wicked, well done woman.

I made tagine for dinner tonight - a vegetarian one, but mmm tasty!

x

Thank you lovely girls! I'm lucky but I have been okay ish so pleased with sts.

Anyway, funeral today so will go off the rails a teensy bit this afternoon depending on what food is at the Wake.

I'm following the principle of SE though just lunch will be an exception!

Wednesday 4th November - SE (ish)

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (B) with half a sliced banana and milk (A)

Snack - mixed melon fruit salad thing from Tesco with an Activia FF yoghurt (all superfree!)

Lunch - not much really, a couple of sandwiches, some salad and roasties (just 2) and 2 biscuits

Dinner - small jacket potato with cottage cheese and huge mixed salad (2/3) 28g grated cheese (6 syns)

Other B choice = bread

I'll write all my syns off for today. I really wasn't too bad at lunch, didn't really fancy food :cry:

Last edited:
Sending you my thoughts for this afternoon Hun..hope all is ok.

Thank you for letting me know about the tangine. My Daughter loves me cooking SW meals as she's as adventurous as me with trying things...dont know how long that will last though!

Thanks Mrs V, I can't rep you but thank you hun.
Planning on storming through the rest of the week with SE. It's all planned out and I can even type up tomorrow's food now cos it's all prepared apart from the snacks.

Tuesday 5th Success Express

Breakfast - Fruit salad (melon, grapes, orange, pineapple, kiwi) and FF yoghurt

Lunch - Tuna Nicoise. Tuna and new pots (1/3) with salad, green beans and egg.

Dinner - Roast chicken and new pots (1/3) with broccoli, leek, carrot and swede. Gravy 2 syns

A - milk
B - 2 ryvita
B - 28g cheese

Syns - gravy (2) mini roll (5)

Last edited:
Friday 6th November SE

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with banana and milk (A)

Lunch - 57g wholemeal roll (B) with prawns (1/3) and salad (2/3) grapes and FF yoghurt

Dinner - Lamb Tagine (1/3) with roasted meditteranean veg (2/3)

syns - 4 ryvita crackerbread (4) with cheese (A) 3 gingernuts (7.5)

Another super duper SE day! Saturday 7th November.

Breakfast - bacon (1/3) 2 eggs, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes (2/3) with 2 small toast (B)

Lunch - 2 satsumas!! Well, it was a big brekkie and I had it late!

Dinner - beef casserole - made in slow cooker with beef, onion, carrot, seasoning and beef stock cubes. Beef and mashed pot (1/3) carrot, leek and broccoli (2/3)

A - milk A - cheese
B - bread B - 6 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread

Syns - well i've made it to almost 8pm, it's a saturday and I haven't had any yet!! I will have 3 rich tea (6) and a club biscuit (6) later with a cuppa.

Only 2 more full SE days to go til WI and whilst it's been okay and I haven't been hungry it takes a lot of planning and more cooking etc than I would normally do for lunch but it's been fine and I hope it's been worth it :)

Cor blimey, a brilliant day for you! I love your dedication to SE - hope it pays off.
I also had my slow cooker on today, for chilli. I love it.
Hope you're having a great weekend.

x

Last edited:
Ah hello lovely Hellie! I'm having a super chilled Saturday thanks, visited friends, watched Strictly and now ready for some supper whilst watching Festival of Remembrance - ex army ya see ;-) It's the law to watch it!!!

Are you ex army?! Or your fella? Or family?

Glad you're all chilled. Strictly was ace wasn't it! I do long for a sparkly swingy frock...

Back