Jayne33's Diary - Round 2 on Cambridge!

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
Hi :)

Pleased to have found this place. Used to chat to some people on Discovery Healthy a good while back and then fell off diet and lost touch. Just tried to find people again and Mich pointed me in the direction of this site. Haven't had chance to have a good look about yet, but it looks great - well done Mini :)

Anyhow, this is round 2 for me on Cambridge. In Sept 05 I was at my heaviest (19 st 13 lb at 5 ft 6) and I did very well on the diet, losing 4 st in 4 months and then going on to slowly (because of cheating) lose another 2 stone.

Messed around since then though and have had a total break from dieting for the past 8 months or so. However, as expected the weight trend has been a bit upwards of late. I currently weigh 15 st 4.5 lb (on CDC scales, fully dressed), and my weight is creeping up again, and all the bad old food habbits have re-entered my diet :( I know if I don't do something serious again, that give it 2 years (max) I will be at the 20 stone mark again, and I really don't want that. Life now is sooooo different to what it was back in 2005. I can only imagine what it can be life when I get to an ideal weight.

I'm 35 and married with 2 little boys aged 6 and 3, and I owe it to them as much as to myself to stay as healthy as I can, and lose the rest of this weight! Not to go back to where I was.

In terms of exercise, I'm doing very well with that. For about 14 months now I've been doing step aerobics, aerobics, circuit training and running a minimum of 5 times per week, so am cardiovascularly fit and some of my 15 stone is definitely made up of muscle. I'm not going to be able to keep it up though if I keep eating the way I have been of late
rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, I got back in touch with my CDC next Mon and she saw me on the Tues and off I went again, and am now back on the SS wagon :eek: . Got my first week weigh in tomorrow morning, and am hoping for one of those mega first week losses :D

Determined to finish this weight loss journey once and for all - it's been a long one! :rolleyes:

Hi to anyone who may remember me from the old boards :)

Jayne x

Hi Jayne,

Your very welcome and it is lovely to have you here. I am sure it won't take you long to catch up and re-connect with some of the members you know already from DH.

Very well done for not putting it all back on as can easily happen as the slippery slope can so easily turn into a land slide.:sigh:

I am very impressed with your level of fitness and I would agree a lot of your weight is muscle.

We have a fitness forum here, it is building up slowly and would love if you share with us some of what you have learned about exercising and fitness. Please feel free to start your own thread, as I do believe fitness is so important for our well being.

Here is the link http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/

I am doing my best to get out walking every day, feeling very determined just now to get fit as I am just so unfit :cry: We have a steppers league that Dizzy started is good enough run and it going very well and which you might like to join:)

Back this week myself after being off the diet :break_diet: and I too hope to finish this diet once and for all:innocent0001:

Good for you for getting back on the wagon again and good luck with your weigh in. I hope it is a good one:)

Love Mini xxx

Welcome Jayne, How was the weigh in, have you got your packs??

Its fab here, have a good look about, and shout if you need anything x

Glad you found your way here Jayne (nice one Mich xx) and looking forward to sharing your new journey with you :)

Ah, thanks for the warm welcome all :)

Mini - I'll take a peek at the exercise board and definitely contribute where I can :) Good to hear you're getting back on track, and walking is a fab start. That's how I got going and gradually built from there. Keep it up and it becomes a way of life. Think they say it takes a good 9 months for something like exercise to become a habbit, and fro me that was about right. Can't imagine not doing it now, well over a year on. Heaps of luck with your re-start on the diet. Hope this first week is going well. Are you on SS? How much would you like to lose?

canireallydothis!! - Well, it looks like you really can :D Fab avatar pic - such an inspiration. You've done great, and only 5lb left to go. Bet you can't wait! Huge well done :D

D_Q - Love the little goals you've set yourself. Bet those jeans felt good to slip into :D Lots of luck in getting to your next target. I hope you're close :) I'm similar in that if I lose another 7 lb that will be my lowest weight in about 14 years. OMG! lol

Well, I got weighed this morning and am over the moon (understatement!) to say that in my first week back on SS I lost a whopping 12 lb! OMG! lol

So, down to 14 st 6 now, and it's been a good day! Worth all the hunger of the past week. Feeling lots more settled on the diet today as well and not so many tummy rumblings or cravings. Hopefully ketosis is getting established.

Love
Jayne x

Jayne - hope you enjoy it on here.

There are a few of us restarters and we try to motivate and encourage each other to stick to the straight and narrow.

Hope your restart with CD goes well - and come back and tell us how you are getting on.

Thanks Beverley :) Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey too :)

Jayne x

Day 8 today on SS and I have to say it was a bit of a struggle :( Craving to eat has been horrendous and having to cook tea for the boys as dh is away tonight with work didn't help! Still getting a terribly rumbly tummy as well, which I would've thought should be gone by now as I've been in ketosis since day 2.

Anyhow, had a few tears about it all today, but onwards and upwards. I will not give in!

Was one very positive part of the day, in that some dresses I ordered from the catalogue arrived. Tried them on and although I wouldn't wear them right now, they did look pretty nice, and I think once I've dropped a couple more sizes I can really see me being comfortable going out in them. Tend to stick to trousers at the moment, but am not against dresses. In fact, can't wait to get back wearing them again :) So, that was very inspiring to me, and stopped me giving into the urge to stuff my face! lol

Hi to anyone that reads.

Jayne x

welc.gif

hey jayne welcome to minis
i`m on ss aswell
this is the end of my 5th week
big weigh in tonight always get nervous when i go
looking forward to reading your diary
keep up the good work
kaz :D

Hi :)

Kaz - I see the weigh in went well at -3 lb. Well done! :D

Sooo, Day 10 for me today on SS and going okay. Still flipping hungry! grrrrrr. Have resigned myself to the fact that this may never pass now :rolleyes: so just getting on with it and ignoring as best I can lol. It's proper hunger too, and not just emotional need to eat (there's plenty of that going on mind!). I get the full rumbles and everything.

Anyhooooow, had a really good day yesterday and went to step aerobics in the evening and was completely astonished to find that my body had some how managed to work out how to use my fat efficiently for energy and I sailed through the class :D Was on such a high last night after that! Really struggled in some of the earlier classes, which made me very sad as I've worked hard to get where I am fitness wise and didn't want to let it drop, even though I know I could get it back once I've lost the weight. Got another class tomorrow night, so fingers crossed it will go as well.

Had a difficult(ish) day today in terms of missing food and being hungry, etc. But it was okay really, and I'm glad it's done now and I'm another step closer to being slim! :)

Right, best get some shut eye :)
Love
Jayne x

Hi Jayne, it's so great to see you on here (Mich is a star isn't she?:))
I found your post on my diary, thanks hun:).....I'm a bit AWOL from here of late. life's so hectic!!!!!! but I do catch up as often as poss... tend to lurk a lot though!!!!:eek:
It sounds like you're going great with the re-start.. well done on the fab loss so far:).I'm impressed with your exercising... I'm a bit of an exercise junkie and spend at least an hour every day in the gym.. I do love it!!!!:)

Looking forward to seeing your 2nd weigh in result.. I bet it'l be fab!!

lots of love xxxxxxx:):D:)

Hey Mandy, great to hear from you. Yes Mich is a star :) Am impressed with your exercise too! It's very addictive once you get into it isn't it :D Speak soon hun x

Been a bit AWOL this past week as I've had a planned few days off the diet. Had some social stuff going on and decided that I wouldn't SS Thurs - Sat. Inevitably ended up stuffing my face far more than planned
rolleyes.gif
but there we go, it's done now! Been back on packs only today and also did Race for Life this morning, and ran it in 30 mins, so not bad going really for a fatty lol
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, going to get weighed tomorrow morning and confess all to CDC. Not looking forward to climbing this wall again to get back into ketosis, but will do it. No more planned times off either! lol

Will let you know how I get on ;)

Love
Jayne x

Hi Jayne,

You might find that you ran it off any damage done over the couple of days.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini :) How you doing hun? Think I almost managed to run it off lol

I lost a pound! Quite happy about that really :) Back on track now, so should have a much better loss for next Monday's weigh in :)

Hi to anyone that reads :)

Love
Jayne x

Back