JB's Journey - will be a long one!

jerricebenton

Silver Member
I started my low carb WOE on Monday 12th November. I know roughly what I weighed (not to the exact pound though) and wont weigh myself for ages yet. I have such a massive amount to lose that the single pounds dont matter just now.

I suspect I have PCOS and insulin resistence, going by my symptoms & the fact cysts were seen when I had a laproscopy a few years ago. I fit a lot of the criteria. I hope to reverse these conditions (if I have them). I would love not to have a hairy chin ha ha!

In the week & a half that I have been doing this, I have felt great! I did have a slight headache for a couple of days but that has been it. Weirdly, I did have this weird texture on the back of my bottom teeth for a few days, no amount of brushing helped! Its gone now though - I wonder if i was something to do with entering ketosis?

I am trying to eat high fat, medium protein and low carb.

Yesterdays menu -

B - Lidl low carb chipolatas

L - Had friends over, so did a low carb spread! Salad leaves, cucumber/pepper/carrot sticks & dip, egg mayo, ham slices, halloumi cheese wrapped in parma ham

S - Chicken thigh & mayo, half a bag of pork crunch

D - Celeriac fondant, braised cabbage, roast guinea fowl. Dinner was fantastic! I love celeriac cooked this way.

Last edited:
You might want to pop over to the Atkins forum - its busier there and our diet is a lot like yours. Induction on Atkins is less than 20g carbs per day and moderate protein / high fat.

I also have severe PCOS (medically diagnosed) low carb is the ideal PCOS diet.

And I get the back of the teeth thing at the start of ketosis too.

Good luck!

Thought I'd share a photo of my dinner last night, it was so tasty! Roast guinea fowl, braised cabbage in cream & celeriac fondant.

P1019539.JPG

Todays menu is -

Early breakfast - chicken thigh
Late breakfast- met friend in Wetherspoons for a cuppy, had 2 sausages, 2 bacon, fried egg & mayo. Worried about the carbs in their sausages though, does anyone know what they woudl be?
Lunch - Crayfish tails with arie rose sauce (homemade), cucumber, salad leaves
Snacks - couple of pork scratchings, ham slices
Dinner - Grilled tuna steak with cucumber relish & tenderleaf salad

No idea what the carbs in 'spoons sausages would be but I imagine they'd use cheap ones with rusk filler so might be best to steer clear in future. Am sure it won't have been too bad though.

Dinner looks yum! How do you do your celeriac?

If you message pierce he should be able to move your diary.

I have asked, but havent heard back yet.

The celeriac is fried then simmered in stock, it tastes fab.

Another good day -

Breakfast - avocado & chicken

Lunch - Cheeseburger pie

Dinner - More cheeseburger pie :eek:
Snacks - chicken slices

Last edited:
There was a definite lack of veggies yesterday, so will rectify that today. I have salmon & veg parcels planned for tea tonight. Might make "fancy hotdogs" for lunch with some mushrooms in it.

I love how soundly I am sleeping! My head hitsthe pillow then its morning, after years of fitful sleeping this is fantastic. I did dream last night though, that I ate loads of bread and undid al my good work :(

There was a definite lack of veggies yesterday, so will rectify that today. I have salmon & veg parcels planned for tea tonight. Might make "fancy hotdogs" for lunch with some mushrooms in it.

I love how soundly I am sleeping! My head hitsthe pillow then its morning, after years of fitful sleeping this is fantastic. I did dream last night though, that I ate loads of bread and undid al my good work :(

Heh, I get that kind of thing. Few nights ago I dreamt I was in a vast banqueting hall full of tables absolutely loaded with beautiful-looking cakes and nothing else. I was "allowed" one slice of one cake, and I spent the whole dream wandering up and down the rows of tables trying to choose. Agony! lol

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all the best and say that your food looks and sounds absolutely amazing...roast guinea fowl with celeriac fondant? I want to come to dinner! :D

Hi & thanks Scrumbles! Can I ask what success you have had with low carbing?

Breakfast was mini fritata muffin things

Lunch today is coconut & cauliflower soup, its just warming up now & smells delicious! Also having 2 herta frankfurters.

Last edited:
Hopefully Scrumbles won't mind me answering for her but I believe she's lost over 5 and a half stone in the last year low carbing! If you look at people's stats in the side bar on the website you can usually tell how they're doing.

I get those dreams too, but it's better to eat it in the dream than real life. Stay away from the choccie cake!

hi and welcome,
your food does look fantastic!! that is the best thing about low carb, its just deliciousness!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) You all seem to be doing so well!

I have just had my 1st slip-up :( I have been 100% perfect for 2 weks then today I ate a slice of the husbands choccie cake. I knew all day I was going to, so ate a small peice. Totally out of my system now, so even though there is loads left I am not craving any.

I am new to this, what will happen now? Will I be out of ketosis for a few days?

Back