Jelly Loving Fun Times!!

shelleylovesjelly

So tonight's the night! I'm joining my Slimming World group tonight and I'm actually really excited. I've been to Weight Watchers and Rosemary Conley but I ended up getting totally obsessed with working out points and counting calories so I really think that Slimming World is going to work out much better for me. I've been having a good look around this site and I love all the food diaries, getting lots of ideas for yummy things to eat! I may post again tonight to let you all know how it went, but if not, I look forward to filling you in on my Friday munchies!

So I went and it was awesome! I'm currently sat here with the slimming world website up and the chinese restaurant menu deciding what I can have for my anniversary meal on Monday haha. Probably not the best week to start, with a big evening coming up, but I'm not going to let life get in my way!

Busy day at work yesterday so I didn't get chance to put my diary on here, so here it is now:

HEA = 250ml semi-skimmed milk
HEB = 28g bran flakes + 1 ryvita

Breakfast - Cereal followed by 1 egg + some milk scrambled on a ryvita.

"Working lunch" (I can't eat a proper meal whilst at work, I get too sluggish, plus I finished at half 1) - 2 apples, tiny glass of orange juice (1 syn)

Actual lunch - Salad (celery, cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes) with tuna and pasta, dash or worcestershire sauce

Dinner - Oven baked chicken breast with peas, sweetcorn and onion/mushroom gravy (1 syn)

Drinks - Water, coffee

I went round to my boyfriend's house that evening and literally spent most of the time on the loo, oh my gosh SW is making me pee!! The day went well though considering I do my shopping on Saturday so I had to make do with what I had in.

And now on to today, very fruitful shopping trip (literally) and I have spent most of the afternoon chopping fruit to make a giant bowl of fruit salad for my fridge. I had meals planned but I haven't followed those as my shift got cancelled so I haven't been at work.

HEA = 42g feta cheese
HEB = 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and beans, followed by an apple (hadn't been shopping at this point)

Lunch - Pasta with quorn chicken style pieces and green beans, sprinkled with soy sauce and chinese 5 spice (odd to mix italian pasta with chinese flavourings? It was a taste sensation!)

Snack - Fruit salad of melon, pear, kiwi, apple, plum and orange

Dinner - It will be tinned mackerel in tomato sauce on toast sprinkled with the feta cheese with a side salad (because I'd forgotten about my healthy extras and need to use them haha). Followed by fruit salad and fat free yoghurt.

Snack - A portion of sugar free jelly (half a syn)

Drinks - Water

Gonna get myself a little countdown tracker thingy and count down to losing my first stone! Those who are waiting to tell me off for not using enough syns, all I will say is wait until Monday!

Welcome to SW :) menus looking good already, only thing I would say is to ensure 1/3rd plate is super free.... Peas and sweet corn don't count unfortunately but apart from that all good.
Hope you have a fab anniversary, we had a Chinese takeaway tonight, shared a chicken bean sprout dish, boiled rice ( didn't miss egg fried surprisingly ) and 1/2 chow mein. All very tasty and so much healthier than pre SW choices lol
Wishing you loads of luck on your SW journey :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Claire, the peas and sweetcorn were taken as free green stuff, I had loads of onions and mushrooms for my superfree, I've been trying hard to make sure I get my third superfree, I've noticed on a lot of food diaries that it seems to be a lot of people's downfall.

My chinese tomorrow is literally about 4 courses but hell, I'm going to enjoy it! It's been a tough year for lots of reasons, and the only thing that has been constantly good is my relationship, which is definately something to celebrate. I'm being strict with my syns for this week only, the way I see it, if I had the top end at 15 a day, that would be 105 syns per week. I've worked out that the banquet may come in at around 80 syns (although the portions are apparently not so big so it might actually be around 65-70), plus a couple of glasses of wine and 1-2 syns a day, I'll still be within the limit, with lots of speed food between then and Thursday's WI!

One thing I will remark upon again, oh my days how much pee can one body generate!! I blame the fruit salad!

Today's munch

HEA = 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEB = 2 slices wholemeal bread

Breakfast - "Grill-up"...bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes all grilled, with scrambled egg and baked beans. Fella was happy :)

Snack - Went for a walk around a local reservoir, packed some of my fruit salad and a jelly each (half a syn)

Lunch - Sandwich with chicken, lettuce and cucumber, "buttered" the bread with quark, loads of freshly ground black pepper

Snack - another jelly (half a syn)

Dinner - Baked potato with dry-fried bacon, onions and mushrooms, to which I added some vegetable stock and let it reduce right down to make sticky goo :D

Pudding - More fruit salad with a fat free yoghurt mixed in

Accident - 3 chocolate digestives (12 syns)

I've drunk lots of water, and had tea and coffee with my milk allowance. Had a nice day today, and I don't feel too bad about the chocolate biscuits, I've been craving chocolate for days so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Really looking forward to tomorrow, can't wait to give fella his presents :D

Hi there, thought I would just pop in for a nose through your diary :) Looks like you are doing really well and have got the right attitude re your meal tomorrow (it's taken me weeks to get that type of attitude towards my nights out so well done!!) Hope you have a great time!! K x

Oh my days, I really enjoyed my meal out last night, it was delicious and we had a lovely time, plus fella was all suited and booted and looked good enough to eat himself! He got me a Willow Tree figurine which I love, I'd made an offhand comment ages ago about how I liked them and I'd like to collect things like that, and considering he has a memory like the lovechild of a seive and a goldfish, I'm so impressed he remembered.

I'm slightly vexed though, as we chose a different menu when we got there which was actually less synful, but I'd already labelled it as a "day off" and ate other naughty things as well, and it reeeeeally wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't done that.

However, I did eat my healthy extras, HEA was semi skimmed milk and HEB was bran flakes and a ryvita, and I had quite a bit of fruit. It wasn't a completely bad day haha. I'm really not going to beat myself up about it, it was one day, which just so happened to be a very special day, and this is my first week. My slimming world journey will be a long one, full of ups and downs, good things and bad, and I have a lot of people supporting me, fella, my family, my friends, my group and your good selves. We will all get there eventually and enjoy life on the way. xx

This morning I have decided that I am really going to go on a fitness push. When I was younger (and lighter) I did a few abseiling things and I used to love it. Despite being within the acceptable weight limit already, I have decided that when I have lost a couple of stones and feel more fit, I am going to go to Go Ape! and reawaken my sense of adventure!

I'm slightly vexed though, as we chose a different menu when we got there which was actually less synful, but I'd already labelled it as a "day off" and ate other naughty things as well, and it reeeeeally wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't done that.

However, I did eat my healthy extras, HEA was semi skimmed milk and HEB was bran flakes and a ryvita, and I had quite a bit of fruit. It wasn't a completely bad day haha. I'm really not going to beat myself up about it, it was one day, which just so happened to be a very special day, and this is my first week. My slimming world journey will be a long one, full of ups and downs, good things and bad, and I have a lot of people supporting me, fella, my family, my friends, my group and your good selves. We will all get there eventually and enjoy life on the way. xx

Hi hun, just an idea. In future when you are planning a meal out, why not stick to the plan all day, and simply have the one off-plan meal. That way it limits the damage you do, and you are less likely to feel like this afterwards.

That's what I do. For example, I have a meal coming up at a local italian restaurant, where none of their foods are at all SW friendly. I'll simply stick to plan for the rest of the week, including that day. I'll havethat one meal off plan, and get right back on track afterwards.

xx

Hi hun, just an idea. In future when you are planning a meal out, why not stick to the plan all day, and simply have the one off-plan meal. That way it limits the damage you do, and you are less likely to feel like this afterwards.

That's what I do. For example, I have a meal coming up at a local italian restaurant, where none of their foods are at all SW friendly. I'll simply stick to plan for the rest of the week, including that day. I'll havethat one meal off plan, and get right back on track afterwards.

xx

That's what I'd planned to do but it just didn't work out that way haha x

So yesterday was a bit of a bad day. After the chinese, I planned on being really good, lots of superspeed food until WI for damage limitation, but all I could think about was chocolate. Having replenished fella's supply of club biscuits for his buttybox, they were staring at me all day. Seriously, I had lots of uni work to do yesterday, spent it all thinking about chocolate! And then I gave in, had 2, and the flood gates opened and they were chased by some chocolate digestives and a marmite butty.

I'm starting to feel bad that I won't have a loss tomorrow, I think I will feel a bit embarrassed and that I've failed. I'm trying to take everything out of it that I can, like I know what my downfalls might be, so I could factor in a little bit of chocolate each day in my syns, and that I probably won't even want it when it isn't forbidden.

Plus, I've got a lot of meals before tomorrow evening, I may be able to turn this around with some clever choices and superspeed food!

I have pilfered this from another thread:

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

So this week, I have lost either:

- a dozen glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts and an ostrich egg
- a slightly podgy chihuahua
- half an average house cat

How ace is that?!

Back