Jelly Sweets the SW way

Glad this has been bumped up going to make some now along with some onion chutney that is another one of my faves found on here. But not going to have them together obviously!!

thanks tara40 for this they are going to b a life saver :D everytime i take the kids to the shop i always by 50p worth of jelly sweets (syn value i dread to think:cry:)
i've just mad some and they are lovely but i have one problem where can i hide them from the kids lol

wow!!!!! love this! thank you so much...cannot wait to make these...did anyone find out how long they keep for? x

oooh yay gona try these! :) x

thanks tara40 for this they are going to b a life saver :D everytime i take the kids to the shop i always by 50p worth of jelly sweets (syn value i dread to think:cry:)
i've just mad some and they are lovely but i have one problem where can i hide them from the kids lol

my kids have a tracking beacon on them. they know as soon as i have made them :mad:

Just made up the mix, hurry upppppp and settttt i want sweets!!!!!!! Lol

What have I done wrong???
I've just done as per instructions but the mixture is just really watery? like jelly!
Do they set and turn more gooey?

Was hoping to make these for SW taster tomorrow so I've got loads of jelly packets now :'(

You would need to work it out based on what it says on the packet

The powdered stuff says that one sachet sets 1 pint of liquid
The recipe uses three sachets so the equvialent of 3 pints of liquid

But this website says that 6 small sheets of gelatine is the equivalent of 3 teaspoons of powdered gelatine so by that you would need to use 18 sheets!

Gelatine Origin Uses Recipes

How long would these keep for in an air tight container?

Back