Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that food sounds pigging lovely! :drool: glad you enjoyed it!

really well done on your half off - its all in the right direction like you said and no matter how big or small, as long as you're heading the right way, thats all that matters :) xxx

Weekend sounds lovely Jen. That food sound amazing and glad to hear that BB dressed up in 'proper posh clobber' went without any mishaps! Bless him!

Loving the 'sitting up til stupid o'clock watching SP' :D

Have a great week chuck, hoping work is a little less stressy for you x

Thank you all :) Hoping for slightly lower on the stress scale this week, however I was accidentally copied in on an email [which was then recalled but I have good settings on my work-emails and read it before the recall...] saying that my department's work is being outsourced to Malaysia... so.... the words ABANDON SHIP KEEP EAR TO GROUND PLZ have been text to Biker Boy and several other contacts in various oil companies, and hopefully something will come of it if this finance thing doesn't come off.

I actually feel so stressed I don't know what to do. I don't know if I want to cry, scream, pull my hair out, curl up and sleep, throw up, gorge myself on chocolate and pizza, or just get horrendously drunk til I pass out. And everyone at work just thinks I'm in a mood. Oh well. Sorry, dog eat dog, as someone said. Number one first...

My plan for the week:
Monday - Work, Line dancing
Tuesday - Work, Gym
Wednesday - Work, out for tea with mum - Going to ASK so I might have a pizza :) I need to look at the Eat Out guide before I go, decide on something wonderful!
Thursday - Work, Gym, WW class
Friday - Work, Gym

Nothing particularly exciting... I did however get a nice longline top/dress in the sale, £3, can't go wrong! Think Biker needs to take me out for dinner or lunch or something!

Suppose I'd better get some work done.... :wave_cry:

All I have to say is YEEEEHAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

Haha!

I nearly chickened out of the line dancing class tonight, I had a pants day at work and really wasn't in the mood, but I went and I really enjoyed it, so glad that I did it! :)

Food - Well, I went a bit over. And I had tuna korma for tea. I don't recommend you try it...

100% tomorrow. Hell yes. I feel like a big fat blob and I don't want to be anymore..!

Thank you all :) Hoping for slightly lower on the stress scale this week, however I was accidentally copied in on an email [which was then recalled but I have good settings on my work-emails and read it before the recall...] saying that my department's work is being outsourced to Malaysia... so.... the words ABANDON SHIP KEEP EAR TO GROUND PLZ have been text to Biker Boy and several other contacts in various oil companies, and hopefully something will come of it if this finance thing doesn't come off.

I actually feel so stressed I don't know what to do. I don't know if I want to cry, scream, pull my hair out, curl up and sleep, throw up, gorge myself on chocolate and pizza, or just get horrendously drunk til I pass out. And everyone at work just thinks I'm in a mood. Oh well. Sorry, dog eat dog, as someone said. Number one first...

My plan for the week:
Monday - Work, Line dancing
Tuesday - Work, Gym
Wednesday - Work, out for tea with mum - Going to ASK so I might have a pizza :) I need to look at the Eat Out guide before I go, decide on something wonderful!
Thursday - Work, Gym, WW class
Friday - Work, Gym

Nothing particularly exciting... I did however get a nice longline top/dress in the sale, £3, can't go wrong! Think Biker needs to take me out for dinner or lunch or something!

Suppose I'd better get some work done.... :wave_cry:

Hope u have a less stressy Tuesday, although it is understandable with work situation!!

As for your exercise plan for the week.....WOW!!! You go girl!!!

I noticed that line dancing is being mentioned quite a lot recently.....might have a nosey and see if theres a class nearby! Du wear cowboy boots to do it??.xx

All I have to say is YEEEEHAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

Haha!

I nearly chickened out of the line dancing class tonight, I had a pants day at work and really wasn't in the mood, but I went and I really enjoyed it, so glad that I did it! :)

Food - Well, I went a bit over. And I had tuna korma for tea. I don't recommend you try it...

100% tomorrow. Hell yes. I feel like a big fat blob and I don't want to be anymore..!

Tuna korma just dont sound right at all!!!

Jen I beg to differ, big fat blobs dont do line dancing ;)

:eek: at tuna korma, some things just dont sound right.

Ditto on all accounts!!!..xx

Loved the sound of the weekend food Jen
sounded very yummy indeed
and bless BB for dressing to impress.

Sorry the job thing is not sounding to good
hope you find something else pretty quick Jen
to jump ship too

hope today is okay for you
loving the sound of this Line dancing ha!

Loving the line dancing and plans for the gym - should see a decent loss for you this week chicky.

Tuna korma = vile. I'm all for experimenting but that sounds ruddy awful ;)

Good luck with sticking to your routine chucky - I'm going to attempt to get my azz off the sofa this evening so fingers crossed we'll both be relishing aching muscles tomorrow.

Have a great day Jen x

ooh ooh, i have a voucher for ASK - buy one main get second for a quid if you want it.. might be on the website though - not sure x

have to agree, tuna korma does not sound nice!

BB really does need to take you out wearing that lovely new dress! Although I think the way it might go is that he plans to take you out wearing it, but you end up staying in NOT wearing it! :p xxx

Good morning :)
I am impressed by the amount of people both here and on facebook who have wrinkled their noses at the idea of tuna korma... haha!! :D Wonder what else I eat that would get a reaction like that...!

Thanks Rach, I have that voucher already hehe, that's why we picked Ask! I'm really looking forward to it!!!! :D Slightly cautious that it is WI tomorrow though. We'll see.

I've entered the October Challenge - 4lbs to lose in the month, should be easy enough.

Also, I got the Beck Diet Solution book - I'm going to give it a go. It says it will make me think like a thin person. I already think like a thin person, just my hands and mouth act like a fat person, which is why I'm the size I am..! Anyway, it's kinda working already I think. Maybe I'm just really impressionable, but then, Paul McKenna didn't work several years ago... This Beck thing - it all seems like common sense, I think I just needed a book to tell me that though.

Biker was telling me that the Guru at his work was following a blood type diet, that tells you for your blood group foods x, y and z are like poison and make you lethargic and gain weight and stuff, and foods a, b and c are superfoods that boost weightloss and make you feel a million dollars. He printed it all out for me, and was telling me all about it, and was disappointed for him, because everything he likes bar chillies was in the poison list.... Then he asked what blood group I was. "Sorry, I don't know".... The deflated look on his face, I felt so bad, but I don't actually know my blood group. I might get a test done, I'm curious..!

Last night was roasted chicken with cous cous, peppers, onions and tomatoes, and a small slice of chocolate cake. Very nice it was too :D Especially after the gym haha

Have a great day people, keep smiling, we're halfway through the week!! hurrah!!! x

I'm actually not the surprised you don't know your blood group Jen
I think it's quite common as unless you've given blood, needed to recieve blood
or had a baby chances are you'd have no reason to know.
I'm a Rhesus A negative :D trust me to be one of the rarer groups ha!!

I'm trying to think how the blood group diet would work
just lately I've been wanting to know all the scientific jargon behind all the claims
of the so called miracle diets questioning each one
I mean we all know that diets aren't the longterm solutions to our weight problems
otherwise non of us would be fat would we
there are so many reasons attributed to weight gain
it all gets a bit confusing

Goes off to dig out my copy of Becks

I might have a little read of that book if it's in the library, should go well with my non counting style diet :) I gave blood because I really wanted to know my blood type.. O+, nice and boring. Everyone can have it but I can only have mine, but it's the most common so that's ok. I should give more again, but last time Adam nearly fainted so I'll probably have to do it on my own :rolleyes:

Thanks for popping by Kals :) I don't really have a lot to say, the food was good last night but I didn't find that I have the same satisfaction of it, I don't know if that is because I am thinking of it differently or not... Anyway, I feel a change in eating-plan could be afoot. I have WI tonight and I'll go, but I don't know if it's working. We'll see.

I'm sleepy today, which could explain my mood. Aberdeen is about 40miles south from my house, half country roads, half dual carriageway, the industrial estate I work on is 30ish miles to the west of home, just north of Aberdeen, and Biker has dropped his car off for a service in a place 5 miles south of Aberdeen. So I had to be there to pick him up and take him to work at 8am. So off I toddle in my car and get on the way to Aberdeen - The country roads are verging on flooded and closed owing to lots of rain, and there were 3 accidents on the dual carriageway on the way into town. Needless to say, when I get a text at 7:50 saying "where are you?" I'm about ready to lose my temper...! Answer - stuck in traffic in town, be about 15 minutes. "Ok, don't panic btw :)"

I think I must be the best girlfriend in the world - Rush hour into and across Aberdeen, rush hour across Aberdeen to work, rush hour work back across Aberdeen, then I have to head back to work through Aberdeen to make up the time I've been late this morning - rush hour again...

So when we nearly got to the industrial estate :
BB - This music's ok
Jen - What do you mean?
BB - Well I thought you might try and embarass me with Tina Turner or something haha
Jen *thinks for a nanosecond* - Well I wasn't going to, but now you've given me the idea...

And the MP3 player magically changes to Tina - Proud Mary
And the volume doubles as I pull into his car park.

:)

I'm a b.tch.
I don't even care today..

Aww bless ya Jen
I wish I had a magic fairy wand I could magically zap
you with and motivation would be all yours.
I think we are both lifes thinkers Jen
we think things through to much, circle navigate then end up
Back where we started before we though about it haha!!

So I've been thinking lately :D
I started Dieting circa 1976
over the years I've tried them ruddy all
from Cabbage Soup to Atkins
Here we are 2010
what's my biggest problem, diets don't bloody work
that's what, So don't do them
I don't need Ww Dr Atkins or bleeding Sw to tell me
what I can and can't eat
12 x bags from a Monster Munch multi bag does not a snack
make duh! grab a piece of fruit

You need to work out your own personal triggers Jen
make changes to correct them
The diet industry is there to make money purely and simply
because they know full well that once a dieter always a dieter
well they have seen there last £1 note from me
and Tesco's have sold there last bag of multi bag monster munch

" gets off soap box and takes a bow "

haha @ BB

Goes off singing Proud Mary keep on rollin

Ah Jen - poor you. Reckon a lot of Mumma K's expert advice above is worth heeding though - she certainly knows her stuff. It's so hard to stay motivated eating healthily, well resisting the 'bad stuff' is the hardest part I suppose. But either way it's hard staying on track - I totally empathise, I'm finding it so hard to resist temptation. I know people say 'you can have what you like on WW' but once the novelty of this wears off you soon start feeling deprived again. Poor you.

Like Mumma K says - we all need to work on our triggers. ATM I'm focusing on eating heathily. I can eat pretty much as much as I like as long as it's reasonably healthy. So if I'm hungry and I want 3 apples, I'm having them. Because it's still better than 3 biscuits. I know I probably won't lose weight but to be fair I'm not losing anyway, just beating myself up all the time!

Hope you find the motivation you're looking for, try not to be too hard on yourself. Everyday is a new one with no mistakes in it after all.

Big hugs and positive vibes x

Now now Mumma K. Just because diets don't work for you, they do for some people. Though fad diets like the cabbage soup diet don't work at all, diets like Weight Watchers, Slimming World and CC etc just encourage people to watch what they eat, eat lower fat stuff and have occasional treats which isn't a bad thing and helps lots of people lose weight and change for life. Less poohpoohing :p I agree that your plan for you sounds like the right way to go though.

I think everyones got a point, diets do work if you stick to them. And thats the hard part!!!!
Im finding it very hard and been basicly off plan all week now, cant seem to get back on track. Not sure where i going wrong or what i should be doing. Its too scary thinking I wont do any plan, how do you know your doing ok, or that little treat is ok? God i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back