Jess' photo diary, surgery & baby later. Fresh start

I'm feeling fed up gained a stone at 26 weeks I just feel huge what with been overweight already granted I've had some poor eating days and I can probably loose the binge related weight and keep the baby related weight but non the less my targets 11-20 according to midwife and I'm frightened of going over that I don't want any grief about weight and size and bla bla. I've got my gtt on 2nd June just hope it's normal my random self tests courtesy of my dads bm machine have been 4.2 up to 4.9 so that's normal but that might not mean a thing ? next pregnancy I will be a normal bmi and that's it this has made me feel conscious and exaggerated my already overweight body in ranting I'm sorry I'm so thankful I'm pregnant thanks to ivf but I feel so embarrassed that I was overweight ?

Ah bless you hun, fingers crossed your gtt will be ok. What do you mean about your target from the midwife? Didn't get that bit?
Try to remember that your blood volume is almost double when you're pregnant and you're gaining water and fat stores for baby, let alone baby, placenta, amniotic fluid etc! So I would say a stone is ok! And you're trying to be good which is a massive achievement.
Xx

I'm feeling fed up gained a stone at 26 weeks I just feel huge what with been overweight already granted I've had some poor eating days and I can probably loose the binge related weight and keep the baby related weight but non the less my targets 11-20 according to midwife and I'm frightened of going over that I don't want any grief about weight and size and bla bla. I've got my gtt on 2nd June just hope it's normal my random self tests courtesy of my dads bm machine have been 4.2 up to 4.9 so that's normal but that might not mean a thing ? next pregnancy I will be a normal bmi and that's it this has made me feel conscious and exaggerated my already overweight body in ranting I'm sorry I'm so thankful I'm pregnant thanks to ivf but I feel so embarrassed that I was overweight ?

I've gained over a stone and half at 24 weeks, I don't stop eating to be honest so I gave brought it on myself, as long as you feel okay and healthy I don't think it's that bad, I feel huge and terrible but I just don't think I can get the willpower to stick to any diet what so ever, as long as your blood pressure is okay aswell,I went yo my midwife last week and my blood pressure was actually a bit low I was worried she was gonna say sonething about my weight though but she didn't

Thanks girls :) susie my midwife said normal gain for overweight women in 11-20 pounds so I'm trying to keep within that xx

Ah bless you hun, fingers crossed your gtt will be ok. What do you mean about your target from the midwife? Didn't get that bit?
Try to remember that your blood volume is almost double when you're pregnant and you're gaining water and fat stores for baby, let alone baby, placenta, amniotic fluid etc! So I would say a stone is ok! And you're trying to be good which is a massive achievement.
Xx

This is very true!! Don't panic ladies :) I tried so hard to stick to SW throughout my pregnancy, and although I managed it maybe 2-3 days out of a week, I'd find my cravings for sugar (particularly in the last few weeks) was through the roof. Try and enjoy if you can. If you can do SW or whatever then great, if you can't or you're finding you're miserable trying to follow a plan then don't do it! You can diet etc once baby is here, so enjoy :) If you can't indulge a little when you're growing a human when can you?! ;) xxx

Exactly Jess! We goda have a little excuse for a break ;) lol.

I wouldn't go by what the midwife says, I'm classed as obese before pregnancy and noway I could stick within the limit for the gain. It's way over the reccomened amount!

Well proud today been out shopping with Jacob and for our tea I had a jacket potato! So wanted chips but resisted for once.
But now I'm aching like hell, feel fat as ever, pelvis in agony too!
We were in primark for over 2 hours!!!! Oops. Excuse of trying loads of clothes on I got to sit down for a while which was good. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thanks girls :) susie my midwife said normal gain for overweight women in 11-20 pounds so I'm trying to keep within that xx

Ah I see now. I wouldn't worry hun. What's she going to do if you go over? Nowt! So don't stress about it. You have absolutely no control over the amount of water, blood volume etc etc you gain so try and be good if you can, treat yourself if you want and drink loads of water and it will be ok. The water thing is the most important. Not only will it help prevent urine infections, it flushes out all the nasties so you swell less.
And try and enjoy being pregnant not stressing over your weight! You've waited long enough. And you can deal with it after xx

Well this week is flying by!!

Still tired after shopping yesterday with Jacob for summer stuff and got myself some bits too.

Started my day good
Mango, pineapple, grapes and strawberries
ForumRunner_20140522_101629.png

Lunch was salmon on a bed of cabbage, green beans, onions, carrots and peppers cooked in lots diff herbs and spices.

So make it a red day today. Not a clue what to do for tea. Again it's just for me, Jacob had his at nursery. An Rob is on the awful late shift (that's why had cooked lunch)

ForumRunner_20140522_183913.png

I've used 1 heA and B so far.
Milk and 2 hifi bar lights.

Now need to decide what to have for tea!! It's getting abit late, Jacobs bedtime soon so think il do something when he's gone

Also wanted to post pic of jacob on our dinner date yesterday <3

ForumRunner_20140522_184406.png

And finally had my tea!

ForumRunner_20140522_205202.png

Red day complete. Used my 2nd heA pn cheese.

Will have another hifi bar for my 2nd heB.

Can't believe I've had 0 syns too. So going to see what I've got in cupboard to have as I want to use syns!

Food looks very tasty. Pic is too cute! X

Thanks! Even though that half day shopping really killed me, it was lovely having some time out with Jacob.

Won't be going out again until after baby though. I literally cannot walk :( x

Not too long to go now xx

Due date now 10 days away! (But expect to go over)

I'm doing alright thanks, other than pelvis and feet swollen I'm feeling pretty ok!
Still crazy house of sorting for Jacobs joint party.

Just (almost) completed the party bags.. just need to add some chocolate coins when I buy them...

ForumRunner_20140523_114833.png

4 girls bags. 21 boys. But overall 28 children! As not done the under 1s a bag... Talk about craziness lol. If I don't labour before next Sat I'm sure this party will bring it on! Xx

And very pleased with another day 100% :-D

Had a Red day today.

B- fruit buffet style with Jacob :)
ForumRunner_20140523_212412.png

L- made some mini quiches with spring onion and red pepper. Had with salad.. 1syn for dressing. And 1heA
ForumRunner_20140523_212451.png
ForumRunner_20140523_212457.png

T- just finished some yummy chicken wraps with salad.using both heB. Used birds eye original breasts which were 3 syns each. So 6syns for chicken and then 1syn for mayo in my homemade coleslaw. Also had my 2nd heA.
ForumRunner_20140523_212651.png

Overall used 8syns in my meals. And all healthy extras.

Shall be having a hot chocolate shortly for 2syns!.

Your food looks yummy today Jess :)

Really enjoyed today's meals. Getting better at ideas for red day meals too x

I've only just started doing red days these last few weeks, after years of green with the odd extra easy day. I'm absolutely loving them! And I never thought I'd say that! Ever! You're doing fab! How are you feeling today? X

I actually really enjoy them too! But I do love my meats.

Aching like hell today. We went out with my nan and grandad, been out for 7 hours and 4 different shops. Had to wait in the car twice as pelvis was really bad.

Was food for lunch with a jacket potato, but silly me forgot to put pork in slow cooker for tea tonight so I'm now sat with feet up waiting for a hot curry to be delievered ;)

Back