Jidt a thought...?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by YumyMumy, 19 January 2011 Social URL.

1. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm eating 1250 cals at the moment at 13stone, is it going to become a problem when I'm at 11 stone using the same cals?! Does anybody have long term experience of cal control like this? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Yes! The calories you need to maintain your current weight differ, depending on what your weight is, it is linked to your Basal Metabolic Rate. For example, a 30 year old woman at height 5' 6" will need 1920 calories to STS at 13 stone (assuming little exercise), but only 1800 calories to STS at 11 stone. Ok it's only 120 calories per day but you can see how easy it is to sneak a few pounds on if you're not careful.

Exercise is the key (dammit, lol), if that same woman did an hour in the gym three times a week then she'd need 2325 to STS at 11 stone, quite a difference.

Handy website for calculating this stuff is here:

BMR Calculator

4. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the website. I know I need around 1960 to maintain at the moment, but I'm just dreading the thought of eating 100 cals less to lose weight.... I execuse slot already damn it !! Hehe. I think I'll drop 50 cals every stone bracket :0) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.