Jim 1: Channel 0. Now for the return match!

Very good of you, Sue.

*Memo to self: don't let Filly Mum know of ETA at Shakespeare Beach*

Very good of you, Sue.

*Memo to self: don't let Filly Mum know of ETA at Shakespeare Beach*

*note to ones self* find out ETA at Shakespeare beach and book fast ferry !!

*hatches cunning plan to lay false trail of ETA, arrive sneakily & skedaddle with Château Margaux intact*

*hatches cunning plan to lay false trail of ETA, arrive sneakily & skedaddle with Château Margaux intact*

*Fillymum cleverly orders tracking equipment to be delivered and installed in Jimbob's costume in a dastardly manner which will go unnoticed by all............teeee heeeeee *

*thinks Fillymum has been watching too much Wacky Races*

How else do you think the tracking device will be installed............

bird_ani.gif

Catch that pigeon, catch that pigeon !!!

You might have been better with a seagull.

LOL !!! I believe he is a first cousin and has all the required skills for the job.

Well, on your head be it. (The responsibility, not the bird poop.)
I won't be answerable for it if your pigeon doesn't make it past my seagull defense system.

Well, on your head be it. (The responsibility, not the bird poop.)
I won't be answerable for it if your pigeon doesn't make it past my seagull defense system.

Just keep swimming woman, you are wasting valuable breath lol.

Morning all. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday.
Swam another mile yesterday,
and another one this morning.

So I'm now 4 5/8 miles (7.4km) back out of Calais.

It's a beautiful day, and I can just about make out the white cliffs a very long way ahead. They stand out so much more clearly than the French coast - and I know there will be dull days when I can't see them - but it does help me know where I'm heading for!

Morning all. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday.
Swam another mile yesterday,
and another one this morning.

So I'm now 4 5/8 miles (7.4km) back out of Calais.

It's a beautiful day, and I can just about make out the white cliffs a very long way ahead. They stand out so much more clearly than the French coast - and I know there will be dull days when I can't see them - but it does help me know where I'm heading for!

Morning........... might I suggest sat.nav. attached to your bonce.

hugs xxx

Are you just trying to weigh me down, Sue?

Bottles of Château Margaux, messages arriving via pigeon post, and now Sat Nav.

Are you trying to drown me, woman?

Are you just trying to weigh me down, Sue?

Bottles of Château Margaux, messages arriving via pigeon post, and now Sat Nav.

Are you trying to drown me, woman?

Lol !!! Would I ???? Never cos I will be waiting at the other side for MY bottle of Margeux.

Sue, I am sure you are an excellent horse-keeper and all that, but do you think you could get those galloping steeds you have as your signature to stop and have a drink and a bit of a handful of hay or a sugar cube or something? They must be cream-crackered...

Well folks, you could be forgiven for thinking I've drowned.
But I haven't. Here I am.

I'm swimming through a fog of "can't be botheredness" but I am still swimming. Not as maniacally, but I'm still there.

72 lengths this morning - which makes me 13km or 8 1/8 miles out of France. 14 miles to home. And on a lovely sunny day like today I can see the white cliffs quite clearly.
Which should be encouraging, but I think I've lost the ability to be encouraged by it. I'm just boredly swimming.

I've worked out my likely future swims up to Easter, and even if I push it a bit, I'm going to be at least 2 miles off getting home in time. I'm not too bothered about that: I did say it was doubtful. But I'll be so close, that I think what I'll do is catch a passing ferry for those 2 miles, to get myself home for Easter; then catch the ferry back to where it picked me up, and finish off those 2 miles afterwards. Even if it's outside the time, I'd rather have finished it. I really don't think I can push it far enough to get all the way home by Easter.

I'm still carrying the bottles - but they're very tempting at the moment.

Keep going hun!! Your doing so well!!

You will be forgiven for getting a ferry for the last part, and the way back will be slower - you are carry heavy bottles afterall that cant be easy by anyones standards!! :D

It was a real temptation, Saute-Grenouille. But I knew I'd be tempted EVERY breakfast time, and EVERY lunch time, and before I knew it, I'd be 5 stone heavier again!

So I'm heading back home, but I know that I can pop back across there on the odd occasion, and stock up with yummy stuff.

Hands off that Margaux !!!!

Would you like me to catch a fast speed boat and relieve you of a couple of bottles cos I would you know just to help you out

220px-Margaux94_1.jpg

Keep going at your own pace Sarah. You are fantastic. Just think it is not that long ago that you would not have undertaken such a mammoth task.

Back