Jo vs diabetes

How is your diabetes doing with this diet?

Interestingly last time I did sw I had a set if cholesterol checked they were all within a good range but after 2 stone my ratio to good and bad got worse after my weight loss because there's no fat in the diet not even good fats, so I'm hoping that if I get to target and go into maintain ill use the bit of leeway to add back in some nuts and Oliver oil

Hey Hun. I don't monitor my blood sugars as I am not on insulin, but whenever my sugars have been taken they have been Normal.
I have high cholestrol too so I am on statins too. Last time I had bloods taken was April when they diagnosed the diabetes and they will check them next April.
Hopefully by then I am hoping everything will be normal.
Have lost 2.5st since April so I would hope they are better !! ;)

Hey Hun. I don't monitor my blood sugars as I am not on insulin, but whenever my sugars have been taken they have been Normal.
I have high cholestrol too so I am on statins too. Last time I had bloods taken was April when they diagnosed the diabetes and they will check them next April.
Hopefully by then I am hoping everything will be normal.
Have lost 2.5st since April so I would hope they are better !! ;)

I'm sure they will be by next April you'll be in a very different position x

Day 9 of SW

A bit of a good day today. Had a surprise when I checked bank account this morning. Had a bit of a payment from HMRC that I wasn't expecting. Not a huge amount but a surprise nonetheless!! Especially with school uniforms and shoes to get :)

Food wise I have done well. Haven't felt hungry at all. Still haven't had syns for today as tea was very filling. I am going to cinema with my daughter on Saturday so I will save some for that. Will nip in tesco before we go in and grab some skinny popcorn. (I have an addiction to skinny popcorn lol)

Breakfast
Banana
Skinny cappuccino muller

Lunch
Leftover pasta in homemade sauce
3 x babybel light (HEa)
Melon and pineapple

Dinner
Hairy dieters southern jambalaya
(2 syns for the chorizo)

Haven't had HEb yet so I will have 2 alpen lights now. Bought new book today so I'm going to start that and munch on them ;)

Total syns for today 2

95/105 for the week

Hope you all had good days today

Jo x

Day 9 of SW

A bit of a good day today. Had a surprise when I checked bank account this morning. Had a bit of a payment from HMRC that I wasn't expecting. Not a huge amount but a surprise nonetheless!! Especially with school uniforms and shoes to get :)

Food wise I have done well. Haven't felt hungry at all. Still haven't had syns for today as tea was very filling. I am going to cinema with my daughter on Saturday so I will save some for that. Will nip in tesco before we go in and grab some skinny popcorn. (I have an addiction to skinny popcorn lol)

Breakfast
Banana
Skinny cappuccino muller

Lunch
Leftover pasta in homemade sauce
3 x babybel light (HEa)
Melon and pineapple

Dinner
Hairy dieters southern jambalaya
(2 syns for the chorizo)

Haven't had HEb yet so I will have 2 alpen lights now. Bought new book today so I'm going to start that and munch on them ;)

Total syns for today 2

95/105 for the week

Hope you all had good days today

Jo x

Hi jo, nice to see a bit of good news, surprise in bank always helps.

Do you find sw expensive not the weekly few I mean in the food bill?

If you crack cinema without cheating my hat goes off to you. It's one thing I just cannot do I have to just avoid it I just can't munch on a pot of grapes there, I checked syns once on nachos and omg hideous

Hi jo, nice to see a bit of good news, surprise in bank always helps. Do you find sw expensive not the weekly few I mean in the food bill? If you crack cinema without cheating my hat goes off to you. It's one thing I just cannot do I have to just avoid it I just can't munch on a pot of grapes there, I checked syns once on nachos and omg hideous

I haven't really noticed as I think SW is family friendly. Although saying that we were saying yesterday how mad the price of fruit is. They wanted 4.50 for a punnet of cherries in asda. Albeit a big one but still, when just along the aisles you can get share bag crisps for £1 it kind of bilges the mind!!!

Day 10 of SW

Been shopping today for the kids school shoes and bits and bobs. Socks etc.

Had lunch in Nando's and eventually found the syns. Luckily I chose ok and only had to syn the butter pat that they put in my plate and it melted all on my food :(

Just took Leia (my dog and my baby lol) for a 40 minute walk.

Food diary
Breakfast
Berries and a chopped peach and banana topped with a cherry muller

Lunch
Nando's 1/2 chicken with spicy rice and corn on the cob

Dinner
Steak, roast peppers,mushrooms and onions
Potato wedges (didn't eat these as I was stuffed from lunch lol)
Salad

I'm gonna have bit of a pud of defrosted frozen berries, meringue nest and muller while I watch soaps.
Not managed to get HE in yet either so might munch on alpen light bars later.
All this out and about and I'm not getting in my bits!! Lol

Hope you've all had a good day, have a great weekend

Jo :)

Day 10 of SW

Been shopping today for the kids school shoes and bits and bobs. Socks etc.

Had lunch in Nando's and eventually found the syns. Luckily I chose ok and only had to syn the butter pat that they put in my plate and it melted all on my food :(

Just took Leia (my dog and my baby lol) for a 40 minute walk.

Food diary
Breakfast
Berries and a chopped peach and banana topped with a cherry muller

Lunch
Nando's 1/2 chicken with spicy rice and corn on the cob

Dinner
Steak, roast peppers,mushrooms and onions
Potato wedges (didn't eat these as I was stuffed from lunch lol)
Salad

I'm gonna have bit of a pud of defrosted frozen berries, meringue nest and muller while I watch soaps.
Not managed to get HE in yet either so might munch on alpen light bars later.
All this out and about and I'm not getting in my bits!! Lol

Hope you've all had a good day, have a great weekend

Jo :)

I love cherries but not enough for £4.50 I'm not looking forward to strawberries being out of season I've enjoyed them on a night for a snack.

That sounds like a great day

I've been tempted to jack it on today but I haven't uve had a good food day and getting a credit back on my energy bill :) that's going towards my new wardrobe fund for next year x

I love cherries but not enough for £4.50 I'm not looking forward to strawberries being out of season I've enjoyed them on a night for a snack. That sounds like a great day I've been tempted to jack it on today but I haven't uve had a good food day and getting a credit back on my energy bill :) that's going towards my new wardrobe fund for next year x

Good for you Hun!
Don't give in. I know what you mean though. Summer is great as fruit is cheap.
Markets are good though for fruit and veg, and aldi.

Keep at it! And great news about your wardrobe fund :) x

Day 10 of SW

Took my daughter to the cinema today. She wanted to see earth to echo but it's gone off, so we watched dawn of the planet of the apes. Very good. Although I think Lydia was bored, she went to loo about 5 times. I thought she was ill!! Lol

Went armed with 2 alpen chocolate and fudge bars (yum and I found them in pound land)
And popped in M&S pre cinema and picked up some grapes.

Come home and hubby has cooked tea! What a great day. Movie night with hubby later, watching the second Thor. All in all a good Saturday.
:)

Food diary
Breakfast
Chopped fruit
Vanilla muller

Lunch
Prawn salad

Cinema snack
2 alpen light bars (HEb)
Grapes

Dinner
Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta (HEa)
Bacon and pea risotto

Saturday movie night (at home)
So will spend some syns on treats
M&S popcorn 5 syns
Curly wurly 6 syns

:)

Hey Jo. Well done on your lost so far and good luck for future. About diabetes. Do you know SW have different book for diabetes. I havet seen it myself but when I joined my consultant was asking if I have diabetes as then she would get me different book.
Anyway - will be reading your journey with interest. :)

Hey Jo. Well done on your lost so far and good luck for future. About diabetes. Do you know SW have different book for diabetes. I havet seen it myself but when I joined my consultant was asking if I have diabetes as then she would get me different book. Anyway - will be reading your journey with interest. :)

Hello there and thanks

I'm doing SW at home so I don't know anything about the book...interesting lol

Welcome to my diary ;)

Day 11 of SW

Well today had started off with good intentions but I have ended badly :(
Typical Sunday really, me and hubby are having a long overdue bed this week so this afternoon we blasted and moved Bedroom around as new bed is a divan, current bed is a metal frame so we have had to dig the stuff out from under it lol

Tonight hubby has gone to watch TV upstairs and I'm down here alone and I've gone munch mad in the snacks :/ have had 30 syns in rubbish. Not good. Luckily I have weekly syns and had 50 left, so I'm hoping that it won't do too much damage. Stupid thing is I will probably feel tired tomorrow because of my diabetes, I have come down with a cold too so all that together Is not bloody good. Grr
I think it was a bit of comfort eating because I feel rubbish.

Well I haven't ate like that in a while so it's done. Forget it. Move on

Food diary
Breakfast
Chopped fruit topped with vanilla muller

Lunch
Small jacket potato with beans
Melon and pineapple

2 x alpen light bars (HEb)

Dinner
Roast beef
Fry light roast potato
New pots
Cabbage
Carrots
Gravy (2 syns)
Yorkie (2 syns)

Cherries

Blow out
2 x hoops & crosses
2 x M&S white choc and raspberry popcorn
Treat ripple 25 syns
Not pretty eh??

30 syns total :(

Jo x

I've had a few moments of munchers but its nothing compared to before. My first wi tomorrow and if I've lost nothing it's my own fault but let's out it behind and keep going :)

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Back