job dilema - should I take it???

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by missgalaxy, 2 June 2010 Social URL.

1. missgalaxy

missgalaxy Yummy Mummy! xx

Start Weight:
    248lb
    Current Weight:
    248lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW!
    OMG, I have just been offered a job as a housing manager at a sheltered accomodation scheme. Its 3 days a week 15 hrs. Its something Ive always wanted to do and its a great step up compared to what I do now!

Now heres the dilema:

Im halfway through my NVQ3 with my current employer where I work 1 day a week as a Homecare Assistant (its a 15hr shift). Do I keep doing this job as well for the sake of getting my qualification which will take me another couple of months or take a chance and leave forego my qualification and start a new job. i suppose the major issue is childcare because I have 2 children who will then have to go to childcare 4 days a week if I keep both jobs on?

Sounds really silly but Im so excited about this job but have a whole guilt thing about childcare etc. Its a great opportunity for me to further my career and a step up the ladder but at the sake of my kids and childcare.

Anyone else in the same situation?

x(from a gulity feeling mum lol!!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    could you manage both?Just until you get your qualification cos it would be a shame to loose it now and what if the job doesn't work out. Be a shame not to try it and see if you can do both just till you get the qualification.You've got to do whats best for you in the long run and depends on the little ones.I work full time and still haven't got over thre guilt trip.its really hard juggling everything but its nice to give em things as well.

4. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. If it's only for a few more months, I'd say go for it. It would be a shame not to get your qualification, and I'm sure you'd kick yourself in years to come if you didn't.

How old are your kids?

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd do both jobs & get your qualification, it seems such a shame to pack it in when you've nearly completed it. Your kids will be ok with extra childcare for a short time, I bet they wont even notice;)

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    and who knows they might even enjoy it !!

I agree, go for both, you are so close to finishing and qualifications open doors,

Sue xx

7. missgalaxy

missgalaxy Yummy Mummy! xx

Start Weight:
    248lb
    Current Weight:
    248lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW!
    Thanks guys!

My children are 6 and 20 months. I know its the right thing to do I just needed to hear it from other people so I knew I wasnt being a bad mum lol!!

Thank you guys xx

8. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I went back to work when my youngest was 4, a year earlier than I intended, but I'm so glad that I did. I became the old me and it's done neither of us any harm

9. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I went back to work when my wee boy just turned 1. It wasn't easy at first but so glad I did.

I'm going to have to go back to work after I've had this baby in October as financially we won't survive.

I'd say go for it as it'll do you the world of good.

10. louisehj

louisehj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(19.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went back to work full time when my son was 4months old.(only got 6months mat leave then) He's 10 now and hasn't come to any harm, he is the most sociable young man and other people looking after him has definetley helped make him more outgoing.

I would do both jobs until you get your qualification.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.