Job interview and worried about size pregidous

Davis

I have a job interview for a high flying job in an industry that I know is usually filled by stick thin women. I just went and bought a new outfit to wear as I dont fit into a single outfit from when I last worked. Was shocked to find I am a size 18/20 when I thought I was a tight size 16 :cry:

Whilst I know that legally size is not an issue I am worried that subconsciously it will impact my chances of success. That they will equate my being overweight with a lack of discipline, drive, motivation and ability regardless of how incorrect those assumptions are. Anyone else found this or am I just worring over nothing.

Hi Davis,

If you are good at what you do and carry yourself with confidence and conviction this will over ride being a size 18/20.

Employers are looking for people with initiative, interest and self-motivation and of course being able to do the job you are applying for.

Believe in yourself and it will come across in the interview.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

I completely agree with Mini, best of luck with the interview, knock their sox's off :)

Your right of course its just that my confidence has nose dived and my weight gain hasnt exactly helped!

Must believe in myself!!

I agree with everything Mini says.

Preparation, preparation, preparation - is absolutely the key - if you know your stuff, have researched the company, the position, the competition etc etc that will outshine everything else.

When is your interview? Can I be nosey and ask what the job is?

I can recommend a great interview prep book its called "Great Answers to Tough Interview Questions" by Martin John Yate. Its relevant for any industry, and really makes you think about how to look at your experience and relate it to what they are looking for. Its seen me through every interview since I left University 15 years ago and he updates it every couple of years.

Good luck - you go girl- let us know how you get on!!!!

Carol

Good luck! Let us know how you get on. Confidence got me all of my jobs - well only on 2nd since uni but it sooo works!
Believe in yourself! You wouldn't have got an interview if they thought you couldn't cut it!
Strut in there and show them what you're made of! xx

Don't let the 18/20 tag get you down either. A size 20 in one shop is a 14 in another .... I tried on three tops in River Island the other day - all 16's - one would have ripped if I exhaled, the second looked lovely and the third was baggy around the arms.

I always find that if I go in with the attitude that I don't want the job, I usually get it.

Best of luck.

You go into that interview showing them that you are the best person for the job and what size clothes you are wearing will not matter at all. Good luck

Irene xx

Best of luck you'll be fine :D

Have faith in yourself, go in there and knock their socks off...!! You can do it...!!

Good luck...!!

Best of luck with your interveiw
Like others have said,be confident.If you hide behind your size that will effect your chances.Let us know how it goes

I have found that a nice fitting size 18 can make you look slimmer than a too tight size 16, so go in there with lots of confidence and good luck.

Back