job....

I work in a GP surgery. I finding working hard when on a diet, as we have medical reps in about 3 times a week for lunch - they bring sooo much naughty stuff its unreal. While im sat here, the kitchen is full of muffins, cookies and donughts!

I work for a shipping company, and lucky enough to work in the office 3 days, and work from my sofa 2 days a week.
My company have a free staff restaurant, which is pretty healthy.
I eat what I know is SW friendly - so jackets, plain salad, fruit, plain meat/fish
I avoid the soups, stews, made up salads pasta bakes as I don't want to try & syn them.
I get caught out if I have to travel abroad, and next I'm at a UN meeting all week, so not sure how I'll fare.
As for goodies, I walk the opposite way round the desk so I avoid them, but do sometimes put packaged goodies in my drawer for an emergency - strangely enough, I get more people asking me if I have anything chocolaty to eat, than I eat myself lol

I am a full time mummy but works 2 night shifts a week! I am a nurse and work in a home for people with acquired brain injuries and MS. I love my job, and it means I don't miss out on any time with my little man but can usually afford a few treats for him :) Following a diet on nights can be tricky as I work with two support workers who usually bring in lots of treats, and I tend to sit there with fruit which is not as much fun! Though as am not on plan at the moment due to high stress levels and a difficult time at home I plan on joining them in their chocolatey heaven :) xx

I work fulltime teaching at a sixth form college, I find taking lunch each day keeps me on track, and I have no time between to snack. When I finally get home no time to eat as dinner to prepare.

When I'm off work I find it harder to stick to, also I have no reason to cycle to work or have access to the free gym so my exercise suffers.

I'm one of the weird people who like being at school.

I'm a Primary school teacher and I'm in Year 1 this year- which is great because the children in KS1 get free fruit, and there are always some spares for me to snack on. Today we had some vine tomatoes and the kids were turning their noses up at them, so I tucked in! When it's banana day I never get a look in though! I always take my lunch in, and we have a microwave in the staffroom so I can have a pasta n sauce really quickly. Birthdays can be tricky, as staff tend to bring in huge cream cakes etc but I make sure I stay out of the staffroom that day if I feel the urge to scoff!

I'm an admin assistant/general office monkey/MI guru for the compliance team in an insurance company.

Luckily everyone around me in the office is on a diet. It makes the IT people laugh that me and my friend go through the McDonalds drive through and come back with a salad, fruit bag and diet coke :D

xx

I'm a nurse practitioner in a walk in centre, long shifts, sometimes nightshifts,

always take my meals in, but there's sometimes naughty snacks and sometimes people who I'm on with insist on mcflurrys...... well I can always flexi syn them .....

Im a drugworker in a community drug team. Can be difficult when ppl bring treats in such as on team meeting days have had to be very firm and stick with my fruit. Even today somebody brought carrot cake in and I didn't touch it altho a very helpful suggestion from a colleague was to take the cream of and eat the carrot cake! I nicely explained that that was never going to happen when I had no idea of the syn value and it looked like two weeks worth!! :D

I'm a full time support worker 1 to 1 with a profoundly learning disabled man, I have to cook for him so I take in my breakfast lunch and dinner, I try to cook similar meals to his so the oven is only on once etc, at home my 14 yr old son is disgusted I give him veg!!!! My hubby cooks for himself as he has to eat early as he works nights!

It's quite hard as I'm trying to get my SU's weight up, so when he's having biscuits or cakes I have to be strong!
Every other Friday he has lunch out, we pop to Sainsburys I have jacket pot and beans but I'd much rather have a cheese omelette and chips!

charlies_mummy said:
I am a full time mummy but works 2 night shifts a week! I am a nurse and work in a home for people with acquired brain injuries and MS. I love my job, and it means I don't miss out on any time with my little man but can usually afford a few treats for him :) Following a diet on nights can be tricky as I work with two support workers who usually bring in lots of treats, and I tend to sit there with fruit which is not as much fun! Though as am not on plan at the moment due to high stress levels and a difficult time at home I plan on joining them in their chocolatey heaven :) xx

Hi I also work with adults who have acquired a brain injury, although am off at min due back in two weeks

I'm an editor, and I work full time. I find it so much easier to stick to plan when I'm working, as I find the 'structure' it gives to the day really helpful. It's at the weekend that I find it much easier to give in to temptation!

great to hear so many people replying.
i find it harder when i am at work as people i work with eat what they wish so quite often there is chocolate, crisps cakes you name the bad stuff it is in the office. but i do my best to resit it but chomping on something tasty.

when i am at home i find it easy as it is only healthy stuff around me :) but i am only home at night or at weekends lol

I work from home as an Internet Researcher, and newbie to the bird breeding world :)

I have no excuse for the naughty stuff, apart from a 6' 2" OH who eats like a horse and hardly puts any weight on, and has a fondness for anything involving chips. Thank the stars for SW chips and the fact I'm not overly fussed on chocolate!

Daily exercise involves walking round the shops if we need stuff, and that is about it really! I do generally walk everywhere though. Must do more exercise really :(

Hi, I'm a recuritment administrator and work full-time. I'm just back on plan now and can only do it if I take my own food in with me, as the lads in the office eat cookies, doughnuts, pizza - you name it they have it! Challenging, but I like a challenge lol!!!

I have two jobs. My first is working as a 'Community Funding Assistant' for my local town council. Basically, I help community groups and organistions find funing for projects they want to run, etc. It can be very VERY hard to stick to the diet at times, as the office is constantly full of cakes, biscuits, sweets, etc. I work here Mon-Fri.

My second job is a sales assistant in Peters (similar to Greggs). I work there on a Saturday, and quite surprisingly it's easier to stick to my diet there than it is at the council. When I first started working there, about 4 years ago, everything was so tempting! But now, I am bored of the food. It's like, I have enough of looking at it all day, the temptation isn't there for me anymore. Now and again, when fresh cheese and onion pastys are taken from the oven, I feel the urge :drool: but apart from that, I'm usually pretty good.

The office always has cakes and has a vending machine selling crisps and choc on the ground floor! Our lift is always out of order though and we work on the 4th floor so you have to really want food to have to face the stairs!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I am the Exec Officer of a national charity and mostly work from home so I am lucky that I am not too tempted most of the time (only as I don't keep much tempting in the house though!).

I do however have to go up to London a couple of times every month as I sit on parliamentary and medical committees and I do find it really hard then as it's 3-4 hours each way and the train doesn't have anything remotely healthy to eat.......... neither do most mjaor railways stations wither - full of Burger Kings, Starbucks and WH Smiths with only sweeties and crisps :( Add to that the fact that any food laid on at these meetings is usually not remotely SW friendly and it's often not good news :sigh:

Sadly I am usually too loaded down with my laptop and pull-along case full of paperwork etc that I can't make something I made beforehand and take it along. I will admit that I am a real fuss pot about cold food being cold and hot food being hot so it would mean taking a cool/hot box as well as all my other paraphenalia :rolleyes:

Thankfully it's not that often, so I usually do the best I can and make up for the lack of SW food for the remainder of the week by minmising syns and maximising superfree/superspeed foods.

Back