Joined slimming world tonight

xxlauraxx15

Gold Member
Hi everyone newbie here. After doing exante diet for a few months I lost 2 stone. Have gained over crimbo and just can't get bck on track with it at all.

I decided I don't want to deprive myself from eating anymore as was getting fed up so I joined slimming world tonight.

I'm hoping being as iv been used to 600 cals a day I will be happy with h normal portion sizes rather than plate pulled high haha.

Really looking forward to starting tomorrow

Day one
Gone really good today and I'm so glad to be eating normal again after doing just bars and shakes.

Breakfast- 2x baby bell
Dinner -went harvester steak and jacket with salad, did have bit of pasta and potatoe salad so counted this as 5 syns
Tea -naked noodles duck flavour, alpen bar and bannana.

Total syns for today 7

Could anyone tell me how many alpen bars your aloud as ur healthy extra ? Iv had 1 but think maybe 2.

Hope everyone has had a good day

Day 2

Breakfast -40g weetabix minis fruit and nut . Yummmmy . Was planning on having my HEA but as I DNt like milk hardly used any just let them soak then threw the rest of the milk. So decided to count milk as 1 syn instead, and still have my HEA

Lunch -jacket with tuna 2 spoonfuls of mayo 4 syns

Tea- Chinese tonight yipeee going for beef with mushrooms which is 8.5 syns with boiled rice free.

HEX A 2 x cheese slices.

Syns total is - 13.5

Hi, sounds like you're doing well so far!

Just a little tip, you need to include more Speed food into your diet. The more speed food you eat the better as it helps break down all the other stuff in your body! At our class we are told to make sure at least 1 third of our plate is speed food :) I usually do half and half!

So for example with your jacket and mayo, try doing some veg or some salad with it, or even just tomatoes. Or you could have an apple or a piece of speed fruit for afters.

But everything else looks good :)

Good luck with your journey! xxx

I can not believe iv just had a Chinese and I haven't cheated hahahaha this is amazing guilt free takeaway. Just goes to show it's what you pick id normally have something in batter followed by half egg fried rice and chips.

I think I'm going to find tea times easy so much choice. It's dinner times I'm still trying to find things so far thort of jackets/ pasta . I'm not keen on wholemean bread to trying to stay off the bread completely endless syn white. This won't happen during the week tho don't see a sarnie being worth 9 syns haha.

Bring on day 3

Sounds yummy! :D Thats what I love about Slimming World, you can still have chinese and feel good about it!

Mugshots (the 1% ones) are great for lunch as they are free, and I have just discovered Batchelors Cous Cous, its between free and 1.5 syns per pack depending on what flavour you get and it's quite tasty and really easy to do (you literally just add hot water and then let it soak for a few minutes).
I tend to have a Mugshot with some sliced ham or chicken, with some cherry tomatoes and a piece of fruit.
Then you can always grab a snack before dinner if you get peckish :) I always carry a banana around with me :')
Also salads, omelettes and the Slimming World meals/salads from Iceland are really nice as well.

Thanks for all that info iv just messaged you haha. Never tried cous cous if I'm honest DNt like the look of it lol. Will deffo try the mug shots sound good.

I'm a stay at home mum so grabbing something at lunch is fine then have a cooked dinner for my tea. Like you say handy to have fruit there for in the afternoon.

I can't even tell u how happy I am
Right now about my Chinese god I'm a pig hahahaha

Chinese is awesome! Shame we don't have any nice ones around where we live!! :(

Day 3

Breakfast bacon and egg sarnie 2 white bread 9 syns brown sauce 1 synn

Lunch jacket cheese and beans

Tea steak actifry chips. 3syns

HEX a cheese
HEX b alpen bar
Total syns 13

Last edited:
I am right in thinking actifry chips with 1 spoon oil are 6synns divided by amount of servings. Can the oil be used as HEx b as this is my plan for tonight . Thanks In advance

I am right in thinking actifry chips with 1 spoon oil are 6synns divided by amount of servings. Can the oil be used as HEx b as this is my plan for tonight . Thanks In advance
Pretty sure oil never can be counted as a hexb and the app isn't showing it as being either! Could you substitute by spraying the chips in Frylight? No idea if that works though!

Your right just looked in book and it's not. That was a post on here I read obviously either wrong or old no idea. I do know that spoonful of any oil is 6 syns so I will count as 3 as sharing with hubby. Iv heard a lot of people spray them with frylight, wonder what they taste like think I'd sooner use 3 synns and have lovely ones haha.

Thanks for your reply wuld of been gutted in further counting as b option

Your right just looked in book and it's not. That was a post on here I read obviously either wrong or old no idea. I do know that spoonful of any oil is 6 syns so I will count as 3 as sharing with hubby. Iv heard a lot of people spray them with frylight, wonder what they taste like think I'd sooner use 3 synns and have lovely ones haha.

Thanks for your reply wuld of been gutted in further counting as b option
No worries. Yeah I think it changed in 2015 looking at a few posts :)

My sister used to use frylight in her actifry and they were lovely :)

By using frylight how many syns would they be do you reckon. Would it be like 20 sprays for example 1 synn so 0.5 once chips are shared. Sorry for sounding thick

By using frylight how many syns would they be do you reckon. Would it be like 20 sprays for example 1 synn so 0.5 once chips are shared. Sorry for sounding thick

No you don't have to count frylight, I do SW chips with frylight and they are free :) It's never hurt my weight loss before.

Back