Joining a new group issues

Hey guys! Well i started my slimming world journey January 2011 and lost 3.5 stones in six months! I loved my group and the consultant and everything (not on some weeks though lol) Unfortunatly, I moved to a new city before I reached my target. I've managed to do slimming world myself since I moved although im not at my target still and it's been up and down weight wise!

I would love to join the group here for that extra boost to FINALLY reach my target (I'm about 1.5 stones off it now)BUT the meeting times are awful. I used to go to the 9.30 am session where I used to live, these sessions here are 5.30pm & 7.30pm AWFUL as my body does not respond well to evening weigh ins - literally I can be at least 4 or 5 pounds heavier at this time of day! It's the only thing REALLY putting me off joining again. But I know it's what would make me get to target if I did quicker. Anyway I could suggest an earlier meeting time if I joined & there was others who were up for it too?

I'm in a quandary - anyone else feel the same? Or had similar problems with re joining a new group?

thanks so much! xoxo

yorkshirelass23 said:
Hey guys! Well i started my slimming world journey January 2011 and lost 3.5 stones in six months! I loved my group and the consultant and everything (not on some weeks though lol) Unfortunatly, I moved to a new city before I reached my target. I've managed to do slimming world myself since I moved although im not at my target still and it's been up and down weight wise!

I would love to join the group here for that extra boost to FINALLY reach my target (I'm about 1.5 stones off it now)BUT the meeting times are awful. I used to go to the 9.30 am session where I used to live, these sessions here are 5.30pm & 7.30pm AWFUL as my body does not respond well to evening weigh ins - literally I can be at least 4 or 5 pounds heavier at this time of day! It's the only thing REALLY putting me off joining again. But I know it's what would make me get to target if I did quicker. Anyway I could suggest an earlier meeting time if I joined & there was others who were up for it too?

I'm in a quandary - anyone else feel the same? Or had similar problems with re joining a new group?

thanks so much! xoxo

Well done on your weightloss so far. Most people weigh more in an evening than morning anyway-so aslong as you go to the same time every week it won't make a difference tho if you think about it!!

Hi,
Well done on your losses so far :D It would only be one "bad" weigh in though wouldn't it? You'd get weighed on the first week, weigh maybe 3-4 lb heavier and then the next week it would all be relative.
Not sure it's your body responding badly to an evening weigh in, we all weigh more in an evening.

By the way, the vast majority of evening groups are 5.30 and 7.30 to get maximum attendance -those who normally come straight from work and those who go out once hubby is home and kids are in bed. I'm generalising here, but that's the vast majority of SW attendees!

I don't think SW would change the meeting time. Good luck!

I weigh more in the evening too but as I weigh in every week in the evening it is, as others have said, relative.

You'll weigh more every evening so it's not as if it's a one off result, just a weigh in at a different time of day.

Last edited:
We all weigh more in the evenings after a day of eating normal meals. If you get weighed at the same time every week, wearing similar clothes and eating similar things on that day every week you will be fine.

Also I agree with the group times thing, most slimming world sessions are after 5:30 as like has been said, people like me are gonna go after work and people with kids are gonna go when hubby is in from work.

Hey hun

Well done on ur loss so far,
most people weigh more in the evenings anyway so once you weigh in the first time then after that each week will be the same time so your body will be correct for that time weigh in.
mine is at 7pm tonight, I weigh more than I did this morning but I know this time last week I was heavier than I am tonight xxx

I know how you feel! But as others have already said as long as you weigh at the same time of day you will be grand.

I'm going away this weekend so have had to weigh in 2 days early and at 5pm rather than my usual 9.30am.... I put 1.5lbs on lol, my first ever "gain" ... but I'm not really seeing it as a gain since I know that only an hour or two before weigh in I was tucking into a massive turkey thigh, stuffing, potatoes (not SW friendly I know but I was on the go all day and had to grab something) and drank half a litre of spring water - but since I can't weigh in any other time I decided to "take the hit" in the knowledge that when I return to my 9.30am class in 9 days time I should be at least 1.5lbs down again.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

Yes like others have said, its all relative. I attend a lunchtime group, so my weigh in will always be lighter than if I attend an evening group. :)

Well done so far!

I went from a morning WI to an evening WI in and I knew I would feel like I took a step back based on what the scales said! I asked them to weigh me but not tell me! Then I just found out my loss the following week and took it from there.

Back