Joining LL

Kitteh

Resident geek
Well i went to the introduction meeting today to see what the craic was.. as i was interested in the CBT group sessions..
im doing cambridge atm.. and im fine with it.. i just dont feel the negative issues i have will be solved unless i seek help! so im gonna see how i get on with LL.. i duno how i'll manage with tetras.. lol.. but im sure it wont be too bad..
it seems really quiet in his section as opposed to what it used to be like.. is it just a quiet period? lol..
Not sure when my meetings will start, but i am going to go get my forms done on monday and straight back in..
xxxx

You cant hide from me
I think its a good idea to try a different approach
as you know I am following the cbt approach in Beck diet solutions and it seems to be helping - well its making me think anyway

Sounds like a great idea Cat hun, you know you can do CD, you just need a bit of CBT to go along with it x x

hey doll.. =)..
over the last few weeks i've been reading up about CBT and stuff.. and i think it will really help.. im actually really looking forward to this
x

Good I am really pleased - I do think its making a difference to me so hopefully it will for you
obviously with meetings you will be DOING it as well as reading it but I am trying to put all into practice

yeah exactly.. i have really bad anxiety type issues atm.. and i think by going to a group with other people and stuff might also help me.. like by throwing me into being around others.. but people who understand how i feel..
i feel awful leaving cd though.. i love it with all my heart.. lol.. its also my nemisis like..
xx

CD is good for you - you know that
LL could well be MUCH better for you - if its not then you always have CD to turn too - as the plans work in a similar way then as long as you dont eat inbetween - if you need to change back you will still be in ketosis
shame this area of the board seems so quiet - maybe someone will be around later :):)

might busy back up with it being january and the such like.. like people waiting for groups from christmas and stuff.. i hope so..
xx

Hi Kitteh!!

CBT can really help! I am really excited for you!

Wishing you lots of success!!!! You will get a lot of support here,s o if you have any questions or concerns - ask away!! We've all been through it or are goin through it now and will be happy to help!

xx

Hi Kitteh

Good luck on the switch over, have you actually started a class yet? Having the support of the group will be good for you and will help you to recognise your emotional patterns in why you eat as you do. If you have any questions as BL says ask, we are all willing to help.

Hi Kitteh and welcome to LL. I did CD a few years back and lost 3 stone but then stopped and had a baby. Now on LL I've lost over 5 stone and close to goal now. I've just swapped counsellor's as I was really enjoying the CBT stuff but felt I was learning more from the books. My new LLC is ace and I've already learnt more from her and feel more prepared for maintenance, which after all is the most crucial part of this journey!

Join the January starters thread, that seems to be very active with lots of new starters.

Good luck, Gemma

Hi kitteh

Welcome to LL
:welcome2:

I hope you get a good LLC. I think that's the make or break key to the success of the CBT.
I hope it's the answer for you as it has been for me.
No tetras here. It's sachets, powders that you mix with water.
You are right it is quieter here than usual, not sure why.I'm sure it'll liven up a bit as the Jan starters continue to see the pounds dropping off.
Good luck. I look forward to hearing what you think of LL. It has been a life saver for me.
All the things on Aaleigha's list are ticks for me apart from Sugar Loaf.:)

Last edited:
lol.. thanks for the warm welcome!!
I dont have a group and i do.. like i have a group.. but it doesnt have its quota of members yet.. so as soon as it does its ready to go.. if that makes sense.. lol..
thanks Gemma.. i had a baby 7 months ago too.. =).. so before him i was on CD.. but had to stop obviously.. hes worth it though.. lol..
going to go either tomorrow or tuesday for my forms to be filled in..
I have the same LLC as Andy did.. and she did seem lovely at the meeting.. i think it makes all th difference..
xxx

Good luck with LL Caterooni - youll do great xx

Your like me , I am using up CD till I start my LL group meeting which is wednesday , so Thursday I guess i'll start LL . As I need the meetings .
I just got my forum from my doctor today she charged me 30 , its a rip off charging .
Yes it seems quiet here , where are you all hiding lol .

Welcome all ex CDers to the LL Family.

Any question, issues, challenges please post there's lots of us around (if not all posting daily) :)

hi Sean , And thanks .
What flavours and bars and products are there on LL ?

Shakes:
Vanilla
Banana
Strawberry
Chocolate

Soups
Thai Chicken
Mushroon
Vegetable
Tomato

+ Porridge
+ Chili (I think, but not when I did it)

Bars
Peanut
Cranberry & yoghurt
(new Choc & raisin I believe)
Old style Lemon & toffee bars may also still be around

Loads of choice really + water flavours etc

I went to the superdrug place to get mine signed.. and it cost £40.. but then every 28 days when you need it filled in you just go back and it costs £5.. I got it done today.. the woman was really nice.. and turns out she'd done LL as well.. small world eh?

We'll turn this into a lively place MsJMC.. lol.. =)
xxx

Back