Joining today, What to expect?

stephanees

As the title suggests I am joining a class today after work, what can I expect when I turn up?

The website says just turn up at the normal group start time so when does the diet get explained?

Also it says there is half price membership at the moment, will this just be automatically added or do I need a voucher?

Hi

At my group when new members join the consultant takes them and explains the plan while everyone else is getting weighed. Next is the meeting where people talk about there week etc and then you get weighed at the end.

Not sure if all groups are the same but i take it they will be.

Also I think you need to take a voucher to get the half price offer.

Good luck x

Same happens in my group. I only joined last Monday and I didn't need a voucher it was just automatically applied.

Slimming World!
Wk 1 - -6
Wk 2 -

I joined last week and was very nervous, but the group were lovely and welcoming. Every group is different so expect a slightly different experience to mine. I arrived and then the diet was explained to me and the other new people. Then we decided if we wanted to join or just sit and watch. I joined and paid; the half price membership was automatically applied. Then image therapy was done and everyone said how much they had lost, shared recipes, and gave advice. Good luck for your first week :)

I joined couple of weeks ago same as above went through the diet ect was 3 of us new, whilst the rest were getting weighed. Then there was imagin therapy everyone shared their stories of their week, new recipies people had tried ect, how much everyone had lost, then any questions that wanted answering. Once that had finished and other members were leaving we got weighed and paid I didn't have a voucher for half price so you shouldn't need one.

Good luck! I hope you find it as easy as myself at the moment. I love staying for my group meeting they are all so friendly and helpful xx

*image therapy not imagin lol stupid ipad!

It went ok I suppose, it was a bit tedious sitting there listening to everyone's weight loss or gain and their targets next week when all I wanted to do was get weighed and get started! Also thought the image therapy would be more than that?

Also the counsellor didn't mention body magic at all which I was a bit miffed about and just focused on plugging the extra easy bit and just went through the book like you would at home. The other girl who started with me did mention the body magic bit and the end and the counsellor said she didn't really think it was that important and that it only adds up to around an extra 12lb a year :/

I just think that's really crap advice to give, 12lb is a lot of weight to some people and can make a lot of difference, plus you have all the health and toning benefits and she just completely dismissed it!

She's only a stand in counsellor so I gonna wait and see what the proper one like

Body magic is important - but I was told to read through that book at home. It was mentioned during image therapy too as she was asking people what they had done and what they could do this week.

Body magic is important - but I was told to read through that book at home. It was mentioned during image therapy too as she was asking people what they had done and what they could do this week.

I think sometimes its a lot to take in, the body magic is something you can get to grips with once you learn the plan. Disappointing that the consultant was so flippant about it though. Good regular exercise is more than just losing weight.

Back