Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Hi joe, just catching up. Great to see you back posting. Missed your updates. Sounds like you & Darcy are doing well.
Things are good with me still on plan most of the time! Managed to get my 6.5 award this week so happy about that :)

Oh hun youve been through it this year havent you?

i hope everything begins to get all ok for you and your beautiful daughter, take it one day at a time xx

Hi Jo, just catching up on threads as not been around much recently. Noticed you haven't posted in over a month so hoping everything is ok xx

Happy New Year!!

Hopefully I won't ramble on and on but you know me I say that and here I am a whole novel later lol. Well I have been AWOL for 6 weeks maybe I little more and I could sit here and type a load of excuses as to why I failed and so forth but the simple fact is with my personal life in disarray I crumbled. During the situation I was extremely good and soooo proud of myself but I then came down with a stress related 'illness' (I may have mentioned this) and after 6 weeks of it and being diagnosed with stress induced IBS I went from being completely off my food to wanting everything that was bad for me and this has resulted in a 17lb gain and I deserve every single one. I am currently at a 2st 5.5lb loss so I have set my January goal to regain my 3st award so hopefully before February 1st I will be reporting my success and hopefully I will have surpassed this goal however I am not putting any pressure on myself to do so...what will be will be no use stressing out.

Personal life - not much has changed apart from I'm dealing with things a lot better now...I sometimes get sad but would I be human if I didn't? Darcy is great since I last posted we've had our Christmas festivities we ended up seeing 4 Santa's lol don't ask me how it wasn't planned, she had her first nativity, she had her first school disco, she took the whole family out with flu (thankfully before Christmas), we made cookies for Santa, reindeer food for the reindeers duh lol, we made a Christmas decorations, coconut snowmen, a rice and sock Olaf...we've been very destructive oops I mean constructive lol.

The only other thing I have to mention and I'm not sure if I already have but I have a new puppy...my other dog I may have mentioned is a friggin loon...she's the most loveable dog all she wants is love but she's soooooooo mischievous and especially so when she's alone, I may have mentioned I went to buy her a crate well this didn't work in the space of 6 weeks she chewed my stairs carpet, my daughters bedroom carpet and my lino flooring in the kitchen so I decided to experiment and buy her some company...I would love to say its working but he is worse than her lol...he is to complete opposite to Maisie but has all the same bad features...I am putting his down to puppy teeth but if they continue they won't have any teeth because I'll be pulling them out one by one lol.

So that's us reporting in. I weighed in today as it's January 1st but I will be weighing in as usual on Fridays so stick around and keep me company because tbh I could do with all the help and support I can get right now.

1420132383696.jpg say hi to marley our new addition

Hi Jo! Welcome back!! It's great to see you back on here and I'm glad that you and Darcy enjoyed Christmas, Marley looks sooooooo cute! Keep your chin up, life is always trying to knock us all down but getting up makes us stronger! I hope 2015 is a fab year for yourself and Darcy!

xXx

Hi Jo! Welcome back!! It's great to see you back on here and I'm glad that you and Darcy enjoyed Christmas, Marley looks sooooooo cute! Keep your chin up, life is always trying to knock us all down but getting up makes us stronger! I hope 2015 is a fab year for yourself and Darcy!

xXx

Thank you and happy new year to you. I have decided now that watching me suffer and knowing that he's bothering me is letting my ex win so whether bothering me or not it's head up high and smile on my face and I have decided that getting myself back on track and slimming down will be the ultimate 'sod you' to him so just more motivation for me. I will make sure 2015 is a good year for both me and Darcy we both deserve a little bit of happiness and Christmas was a great start. How are things going with you??

Sorry about not posting yesterday but I promise it wasn't for negative reasons I was busy decorating I now have a very pretty girly blingy bathroom black, hot pink and diamantes lol me and Darcy love it. Just need to find a cute little shower radio and we're set in the bathroom lol.

So yesterday food wise I was so so...I say so so because I skipped breakfast just as I was too busy couldn't skip lunch as I was starving by this point and had a ham and cheese sandwich with a yogurt and banana this was all free as I used my healthy extras. Then I finished the bathroom was exhausted and caved in and took my doods to Maccy D's and the whole way there I was saying chicken salad and diet coke, chicken salad and diet coke but when I got to the till it came out Chicken Legend meal with a banana milkshake...oops. Synned it and it came to a whopping 62 syns so instead of writing it off and starting again I divided the syns by the days left and this way I haven't just had a cheeky McDonalds and I still have some syns left each day.

So far so good I have used todays syns already but it was worth it today I have had Weetabix with banana and a yogurt and then for lunch had SW chips, baked beans and fish fingers and as I type this I have got my speed soup on, now I should have done this soup yesterday but again so busy decorating I just didn't get around to it. I have never tried this before but I felt I needed to give myself a kick start and people say it works so I'll let you know on Friday if that's the truth lol.

Now todays events pretty uneventful to be honest - ex has been begging to come back I told him no but the not so polite version lol. I've been to work, that's always riveting. I have been to the RSPCA and no not for anymore animals I have enough with 4 cats, 2 dogs, a rabbit and a dragon I went to get Marley a big boy bowl he would have fallen into it when I first got him but he should be ok now...he scoffs poor Maisies food fast enough out of her bowl bless her lol. I then came home did pet duty feeding, walking, cleaning up after, kisses, cuddles etc, put my soup on and then came on here. After eating my soup I have no intentions of doing anything else. I will put Darcy in the bath and then to bed and I am going to sit and watch bad TV and have myself a nice relaxing bath as I am feeling the burn today after decorating yesterday lol.

So that's me for today...I'll be back tomorrow

If you want to follow my food diary (and a bit of personal life) I'm on Insta at jojo021084

Happy New Year to you Jo.... and I think your new puppy looks a real little cutie. Hope it does the trick eventually and they both settle down and keep one another company without destroying your house!
It sounds like you and Darcy had a really fun Christmas. Good luck with your journey in 2015, lots of us are struggling to get going again but you sound good and determined. Be strong in all ways xx

Happy New Year to you Jo.... and I think your new puppy looks a real little cutie. Hope it does the trick eventually and they both settle down and keep one another company without destroying your house!
It sounds like you and Darcy had a really fun Christmas. Good luck with your journey in 2015, lots of us are struggling to get going again but you sound good and determined. Be strong in all ways xx

Thanks hun for your support 3 days left to go before weigh in and I am on track so yay.

Thanks hun for your support 3 days left to go before weigh in and I am on track so yay.

Great! You can so do this. :)
I started the new EE SP yesterday. Hard going but a matter of being organised I think, I want to start the year with some good losses. We'll see.
Hope you have a good day Jo x

Great! You can so do this. :)
I started the new EE SP yesterday. Hard going but a matter of being organised I think, I want to start the year with some good losses. We'll see.
Hope you have a good day Jo x

I've been seeing SP on a lot of posts and have no idea what it is lol

It's a Speed/Protein based booster plan new since just after Christmas.
There is a thread called Extra Easy SP Plan discussing it but be warned, it's a bit contentious at the moment. It's the new SW plan, designed for short term use, pretty restricted but good for using after Christmas, holiday or a bit of over indulgence for maximum loss. It's basically little or no carbs, half and half protein and speed foods, with one hex a and two hex bs daily, plus 5-15 syns. X

It's a Speed/Protein based booster plan new since just after Christmas.
There is a thread called Extra Easy SP Plan discussing it but be warned, it's a bit contentious at the moment. It's the new SW plan, designed for short term use, pretty restricted but good for using after Christmas, holiday or a bit of over indulgence for maximum loss. It's basically little or no carbs, half and half protein and speed foods, with one hex a and two hex bs daily, plus 5-15 syns. X

Seems a little too extreme for me right now I'll stick with EE and see how it goes then I might look into it...I'll admit I've struggled a bit this week so not quite there yet lol

So my first weigh in 'back on track' tomorrow and how am I feeling??

Err sceptical I haven't been naughty but I am not comfortable to say I've been 100%. I've tried I really have but I had a complete blonde moment yesterday which may have hurt my week slightly. I look at my week in a whole I don't go daily and think oh today I have 15 syns and hex a and b I look at the week like I have 105 syns, 7 hex a and 7 hex b. Everyone will have their different opinion on this but before my slip up I had lost 3st 11.5lbs so it works for me to do it this way and I don't feel restricted if I want a big meal one day I enjoy it and have a smaller meal the next to compensate. Anyway probably because I haven't been writing it down but I totally got confused with my hex's so I think I have had one hex b more than I should have so I have exceeded my syns because of this. I also haven't had a green tea all week...oops and I haven't drunk as much water as I should. I don't know how or if at all this will impact my loss I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning but I have prepared myself for a maintain or small loss...I won't be happy if I gain as I honestly haven't been naughty just got slightly confused and maybe went over syns by 8 if that. I also haven't been doing my body magic but I have been so busy picking up my house and decorating that I don't know whether this can be classed as body magic I have done more than I usually do housework wise because of the decorating so I could say I have done my body magic for the week but I'm not comfortable saying this for fact. Once I have posted this I am going to clear my dining table and spread all my SW folder (which I made myself its not an official thing for new readers) and I am going to organise the crap out of it and I have decided instead of putting my food diary in my folder I am going to put it on a kitchen cupboard or my fridge and then I can fill it in as I cook or this is the hope to keep better track of my hex's lol. I am not going to promise body magic because I am still in process of decorating and this will dominate my days until I'm done but where I can find five minutes and can physically bring myself to move I will try and jump on the cross trainer. I'm also guna do a tally chart for my water and green tea to keep track of that because I do see a difference when I drink ridiculous amounts of water first I have no time to do anything cos I'm always peeing but on weigh day its usually worth it.

I hope I get a loss of some sort tomorrow because I think I need that boost to give me the kick start to get back into the SW groove.

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming weigh ins whatever day it is and I'll be back first thing to let you all know maintain, loss or gain.

Fingers crossed.

I have just started a new and very quick 2lb challenge to take me to my first SW anniversary so join me if you feel like it: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...348802-2lb-challenge-february-1st-2015-a.html

Also if you can see my signature I have taken away 3 awards. my 3.5st, 3st and 2.5st awards. It was upsetting to delete them in seconds when it took me so long to get them and I think that hurts more than looking at the scales tbh. I worked really hard for those awards and was proud of them because I don't physically see the difference yet and no one else seems to be noticing either cos no one approaches me and asks if I'm losing weight so those awards are like my proof that I am and to give back 3 awards hurts me. I am hoping tomorrow I will regain my 2.5st as I'm only 1.5lbs off but if I don't I'll have it next week I'll make sure I do I want my awards back. I'm just sitting now thinking where I can put them on display in my house as they're in my folder atm but I am struggling to find somewhere where my daughter and dogs can't get them so I will have to get back to you on this one.

Sad moment.

Good luck for WI tomorrow hun!

I'm a bit dubious about this new SW plan.. it just sounds like RED days to me without the free food snacks like yogurts etc. x

I saw someone on IG saying she couldn't have yogurts on it so I don't think I'd be able to manage it cos they're my go to when I have sweet craving and no syns lol

I have just started a new and very quick 2lb challenge to take me to my first SW anniversary so join me if you feel like it: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...348802-2lb-challenge-february-1st-2015-a.html

Also if you can see my signature I have taken away 3 awards. my 3.5st, 3st and 2.5st awards. It was upsetting to delete them in seconds when it took me so long to get them and I think that hurts more than looking at the scales tbh. I worked really hard for those awards and was proud of them because I don't physically see the difference yet and no one else seems to be noticing either cos no one approaches me and asks if I'm losing weight so those awards are like my proof that I am and to give back 3 awards hurts me. I am hoping tomorrow I will regain my 2.5st as I'm only 1.5lbs off but if I don't I'll have it next week I'll make sure I do I want my awards back. I'm just sitting now thinking where I can put them on display in my house as they're in my folder atm but I am struggling to find somewhere where my daughter and dogs can't get them so I will have to get back to you on this one.

Sad moment.

Yes a sad thing for you to have to do but I've liked this because you are acknowledging what has happened and moving on. You WILL get those awards back Jo. You're a very determined lady from what I have seen and you have good reasons to lose the weight, for yourself and for your little girl. 2015 will be off to a good start, I'm hoping x

Seems a little too extreme for me right now I'll stick with EE and see how it goes then I might look into it...I'll admit I've struggled a bit this week so not quite there yet lol

It is quite extreme, in my mind. I've done four days now and don't think I'm going to do any more at this time. I will probably use it as an occasional, maybe once a week, tool to boost losses if I've been over syns or hit a rocky patch.

Good luck for WI tomorrow hun!

I'm a bit dubious about this new SW plan.. it just sounds like RED days to me without the free food snacks like yogurts etc. x

There are people that have already trialled it and lost quite big amounts but you have to be very determined to stick at it and also I think it depends on your lifestyle. There are plenty of meals you can have, if you use it to the max but it works out quite expensive, with higher protein and loads of the more expensive fruit and lots of veg. I've never done RED days, so can't really compare but we are all able to look or try the plan and see if it works for us, if not stick with what we know does work. Just because there is something new, doesn't mean we HAVE to abandon the older plans, particularly if they've worked well for us in the past. So, for me, I think I'll stick with EE, with occasional days and using more of the S and P foods. :)

I saw someone on IG saying she couldn't have yogurts on it so I don't think I'd be able to manage it cos they're my go to when I have sweet craving and no syns lol

You can't have yogurts like Mullerlights but you can use quark. There are also some fruits that aren't on the S lists, ie pineapple, kiwi, grapes and persimmon etc so you have to avoid those. To be fair, there are lots of other choices though, its just working out what works for you. :)

Good luck with weigh in today x

Back