Jo's Journey - 175lbs to happiness...

Morning Jo, Good Luck for todays weigh in x

Sorry for late post I had to nip into work this morning and only just got around to sitting at my computer. So...weigh in.

I woke up got on the scales, got off the scales, got on the scales...this went on for about an hour and after an hour I decided the reading on the scales must be right so my official weigh in this week is...

9LBS OFF!!!!!!!!!

I was in such disbelief I had to keep checking this means I have lost over half my 17lb gain, I have reclaimed my 2.5st & 3st award and I have exceeded my January goal of 8.5lbs to reclaim my 3st award bk by my first SW anniversary on February 1st so yeah I'm pretty damn chuffed lol I had prepared myself for a maintain as like I said I hadn't done body magic, drank enough water, drank any green tea and I slipped up with my healthy extras this week but apparently I did something right so YAY ME!! I am a little nervous that this big loss will mean a maintain or small loss next week but tbh how can I complain even if I do maintain next week. This also is the biggest loss I have ever had on SW including first week weigh ins.

Good day today...

Sorry for late post I had to nip into work this morning and only just got around to sitting at my computer. So...weigh in.

I woke up got on the scales, got off the scales, got on the scales...this went on for about an hour and after an hour I decided the reading on the scales must be right so my official weigh in this week is...

9LBS OFF!!!!!!!!!

I was in such disbelief I had to keep checking this means I have lost over half my 17lb gain, I have reclaimed my 2.5st & 3st award and I have exceeded my January goal of 8.5lbs to reclaim my 3st award bk by my first SW anniversary on February 1st so yeah I'm pretty damn chuffed lol I had prepared myself for a maintain as like I said I hadn't done body magic, drank enough water, drank any green tea and I slipped up with my healthy extras this week but apparently I did something right so YAY ME!! I am a little nervous that this big loss will mean a maintain or small loss next week but tbh how can I complain even if I do maintain next week. This also is the biggest loss I have ever had on SW including first week weigh ins.

Good day today...

OMG, loving the surprise! That's terrific but well deserved as, even though you said you'd slipped up with your hex b, you've been really busy decorating and sorting your house out but still managed to keep your food diary. Well done, I'm really really pleased for you.
So... is that food diary on your fridge or cupboard yet? I sometimes print or write mine out for the week and use magnets to put it on the fridge door, so that I've no excuse to forget what I should be having! Don't always get around to it though and of course, sometimes plans change and I have to swap things around but that's ok.

Good luck with the coming week, no reason you can't see another loss, though it would be pretty amazing if it were that much again :)

OMG, loving the surprise! That's terrific but well deserved as, even though you said you'd slipped up with your hex b, you've been really busy decorating and sorting your house out but still managed to keep your food diary. Well done, I'm really really pleased for you.
So... is that food diary on your fridge or cupboard yet? I sometimes print or write mine out for the week and use magnets to put it on the fridge door, so that I've no excuse to forget what I should be having! Don't always get around to it though and of course, sometimes plans change and I have to swap things around but that's ok.

Good luck with the coming week, no reason you can't see another loss, though it would be pretty amazing if it were that much again :)

Thanks hun and it was a lovely surprise just what I needed on my sw return. I have my meal plan on my fridge, my shopping is coming at 3pm and on my meal plan I think I've used two days worth off syns so I have lots of syns to play with this week cos I really did miss my chocolate last week lol I kept looking at the maltesers in the cupboard leftover from Christmas and closing the door with a frown on my face but not this week I'm going to enjoy my syns to the max. I never stick to my meal plan I either don't feel like what I've put down on that day or just can't be bothered after a busy day but so long as I use the meals I have put down or dont go over syns I'm happy. The thing I need to work on is prepping my meals it gets to 6/7 at night and I just can't be bothered to start peeling and prepping and this is whats getting me into trouble but I will practice prepping this week lol

just catching up great to see you back posting :) massive congrats on your loss this week and reclaiming your awards. that is a fantastic start.

I think meal planning is key to success, would you have any extra time at the weekend where you could batch cook some meals and then freeze? then on days when your stuck you know there will be something healthy in the freezer!

still loads of choc and sweets here too after christmas, can't wait till it's all gone!!!

just catching up great to see you back posting :) massive congrats on your loss this week and reclaiming your awards. that is a fantastic start.

I think meal planning is key to success, would you have any extra time at the weekend where you could batch cook some meals and then freeze? then on days when your stuck you know there will be something healthy in the freezer!

still loads of choc and sweets here too after christmas, can't wait till it's all gone!!!

Thank you feels good to be back after being a very naughty girl lol and I always seem to do better when I meal plan I have to admit when I'm going from day to day I manage to go over syns and like last week use too many hex's. I'm a bit put off with batch cooking I've tried batch cooking diet coke chicken as someone said it froze it was like jelly it was vile and this past week I batch cooked speed soup this may be the soup itself that's vile cos the fresh batch wasn't brilliant lol I only managed two bowls of it lol. I think I'm just going to get some cous cous in and for those days cook cous cous rather than peeling, boiling and for sw chips baking because I don't like pasta/rice so not many more options for me to fall back on but I could put cous cous with almost anything salad, chicken, steak, fish etc...so may just go buy a load of cous cous. There's only maltesers left in this house from Christmas, there's biscuits and so forth but they don't bother me but the maltesers have been tormenting me lol it's a box I have and I'm going to bag them up and measure them and everything then put them back in the box so when I go for some I just get the right amount so I know how many syns I'm using....I WILL BE GOOD. LoL

How are things going with you btw??

Well done Jo that's a fabulous start. You'll need to set a new target for January :D x

You can get quite a few maltesers for your syns at half a syn each ;) x

I know lol I was buying Freddos and Curly Wurlys for ages because they were low syn then around Halloween they'd got the funsize bags on offer so I bought some....BIG MISTAKE....Now I am addicted lol but I feel like maltesers are more of a treat than Freddos and Curly Wurlys I don't know why but I could easily eat the whole box in one sitting...I'm terrible lol...

Well done Jo that's a fabulous start. You'll need to set a new target for January :D x

Thanks Stef and already have lol I'm now aiming for my 3.5st award by Feb 1st so 6.5lbs to that and 7lbs to new stone bracket so either one I will be happy with and 3 more WI's until then so not completely unattainable.

You've done so well this week. I'm sure that in the next 3 wks with all the extra water/green tea & body magic you'll get that 7lb. I'll be cheering :clap:

You've done so well this week. I'm sure that in the next 3 wks with all the extra water/green tea & body magic you'll get that 7lb. I'll be cheering :clap:

Here's hoping lol if it happens brilliant if it doesn't then fine I'll just get it the week after lol I would love to get it by Feb 1st though because it will be my 1 year anniversary and I don't think 3.5st is bad for one year especially with 2 little hiccups.

Sorry about the lack of posts since Friday but as you read you'll understand why.

So fabulous Friday good weight loss was in a fab mood all day then Saturday arrived and the ex came down to see Darcy and he arrived drunk at midday he was absolutely slaughtered.

At the beginning of the week he'd asked me to help him with his finances because since leaving me in September he's really screwed himself up and has managed to get himself in an amazing amount of debt he's paid none of his bills since September he's had his car insurance cancelled, his phone switched off, debt collectors contacting him. He has well and truly flubbed it and we've been on semi civil terms over Christmas so I agreed to sort them out and I spent 2 hours on the phone ringing people for him and he GAVE and I emphasise that word he GAVE me his bank card so I could pay some things off for him then things were fine Friday and for whatever reason on Saturday he just lost the plot. Started verbally and emotionally attacking me and then he rang the police on me and reported me for theft because I had his bank card I then saw red because he was at my in laws bad mouthing me to them telling all them I am the bad guy and I'm stealing his card and his money so I decided to pay them a visit on Sunday and with the house full I aired his dirty laundry and I told them EXACTLY what was going on and that he was drinking his weekly wages away and not paying his bills, not paying Darcy her maintenance...then he had the audacity to say he owes me nothing. He could have called me fat, ugly even a bad mum and it wouldn't have hurt as much as that comment did. In the five years I have been with him I have taken him from being a lay about drunk who was drinking vodka for breakfast, had no job and the only reason for his existence was to drink. I sobered him up, gave him a home, got him a job, gave him a child, a family and a stable environment and he says he owes me nothing. He owes me EVERYTHING! So I understandably got really angry and stormed off. The next day (yesterday) he then tells me he's been to the bank and cancelled his accounts (after I spent 2 hours sorting out his debts and setting up direct debits ARGH!!!) because and I quote...I am stealing all his money on his online banking...wouldn't there be some physical proof if this was at all true? He is so deluded he has convinced himself that I am robbing him and this is all because he had a direct debit going out Monday and they put a hold on it over the weekend so it looked like money had been taken out but rather than look why it had gone out he decided to pass the blame to me and even after going into the bank and being told it was a direct debit he is still trying to blame me. In cancelling his account he has also cancelled Darcy's maintenance not that he's been paying it because before its time for her maintenance to go out he's pissed away the money so the standing order hasn't been coming through and he told me yesterday she'll want for nothing and he'll always pay for her yet he hasn't been and now he's cancelled her standing order and hasn't asked me for my bank details to set up a new one. This is how much he loves his child she can't have her maintenance because it cuts into his drinking money. Then last night I got a text from an unknown number after reading it I found out it was my brother in law (I have nothing to do with his family and have no contact details for any of them) saying 'Our Phils asked me to text to tell you if there's anything wrong with Darcy to contact me or my Dad because he's changed his number' so I replied saying 'Tell him I don't have any contact details for any of your family and once I have replied to this yours will be deleted as well. I want no contact from any of you and I will not be contacting any of you. I will also be changing my number to make sure you can't contact me. Also tell him to call the police to collect his belongings before Friday because my Dad has barred him from their house and they also want no contact and if he does and continues my dad has said he will get an harassment warning out on him. Also if he wants to see or speak to Darcy he is to get a solicitor. Goodbye'. This may seem harsh but this has been going on for a long time and for my mum and dad to bar him and ask for no communication it just go to show how badly I have been treated because my mum and dad are both very civil and understanding and believe there's always two sides to a story but I think they have finally seen his true colours and are angry with him because my family have been more of a family to him than his own and it's like he's spit in their faces after everything they have done for him. It's insulting and just how I feel because I am the only one in 5 years that has helped him and he has just thrown it all back in my face and to now blame me and tell me he owes me nothing...that really is the final straw no more Mrs Nice Guy...I wanted to be civil with him and give him every opportunity to be a dad but he doesn't deserve it...he doesn't deserve her...he's shown how little she means to him. And to make things worse (possibly better) he's in court on Thursday for drink driving, this will be his 4th conviction (3 before me and ironically he wasn't with me when he got caught for a 4th time as we'd split by then) but it looks like he will be going to prison and I have mixed emotions about it in a way I want him to go to prison so he realises what he's done is serious because him getting his wrists slapped obviously isn't working and tbh I need a break from him but in the same moment I don't want him to because he so easily influenced that I think meeting some of the people in there could do more harm than good for him and ultimately I will pay the price because he is never going to leave me alone and the more stuff in his system drink/drugs is only going to make things worse. I really am in a bind at the minute and I honestly don't know what to do and I just want to pack me and my little family up and leave...I am actually fearing for mine and Darcy's safety with him around. I also found out that he hasn't changed his number he's just blocked my old one which he thinks is my current one.

Due to this dramatic weekend I haven't been 100% on plan I haven't been particularly bad but I haven't had a filter and I haven't been counting syns. I will take the hit on Friday but I don't know what I'm going to do if things continue like this.

A little good news amongst the chaos...I booked a little break away for me and Darcy it isn't until May but it's something for me to look forward to. We're going to Butlins for the week and I was dumbfounded that it's costing me almost as much to put my dogs in kennels than it is for us to go on holiday lol. Thank god my cats aren't as much trouble. My mum will pop down and let them in and out and feed them for me. Love my mum x

So yeah that's my update and my reason for not posting since Friday I've just had a lot on my plate lol

Sorry to hear things have been so tough. You need to have a think about what is best for you and Darcy, as contact with your ex doesn't seem to be helping the situation.

Great news about the booked holiday though. I bet you are excited! Have you told Darcy or will you surprise her nearer the time? x

I need to go to court but I can't afford it I don't think for a second he'll fight me on anything because he'll have to pay out his own pocket but there's still a chance I could pay a lot of money out and not get what I want and its not money I have to just throw away. I am seriously thinking about getting a credit card and putting all solicitors fees on that and dealing with the cost later. I really need something in writing to protect us both from him.

And she knows lol I was at my besties yesterday and I just said lets go away and she said yeah ok, so we sat yesterday looking for prices and decided on Butlins as its best place to keep the kids entertained.

A bit more weight off and I'll get her a passport and take her further a field but not ready for that yet until my weight has gone down drastically. That's something else to look forward to you never know this time next year I might be planning our first holiday abroad together.

Oh Jo :( and we thought last year had seen the worst for you and things were going to get better. I'm so sorry you're having such an awful time.
I do have a lot of sympathy because it's not dissimilar to what my daughter went through with her ex, and he finally walked four days after my granddaughter was born.

Sending hugs hun and hope things don't get you down. At the moment you sound strong but that does take it out of you. Glad your Mum and Dad are nearby to help. Xx

Ok so we thought things couldn't get worse and guess what they have...

Yesterday morning I received a call from a very nasty woman who cutting a long story short basically called me a bad mum and told me she would be getting social services involved because she has concerns for Darcy's wellbeing. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He is the one who drinks, he is the one who walks out on his family, he is the one who doesn't pay child maintenance, he is the one who doesn't give her primary care, he is the one who left us financially strapped and I'm the bad parent? She said she was concerned I wasn't receiving help from any organisations and that I had to interact with this domestic abuse group and if I refused to they'd look at removing Darcy from my care because it would be taken that I wasn't doing what was necessary to protect Darcy if I didn't talk to a bunch of strangers that don't know me or my situation except for a bunch of paperwork in front of then that is factually wrong and I said to her so because I'm strong willed and strong minded and don't feel I need that support that makes me a bad parent? Because if I was a quivering wreck that could barely look after myself I'd still be a bad parent so what does a person have to do to be a good parent? And I do take offence that she gave me that ultimatum seek help I don't feel I need or lose my child but it isn't the taking part that pissed me off I will do whatever necessary to keep my daughter it's the fact and I asked her outright on the phone...he doesn't have to do anything. They're not telling him to seek help for his substance abuse problem, anger management for his temper, bereavement counselling which is what ultimately caused all of this and he is still allowed contact with Darcy yet they've told me I have to stop him from coming to the house, cut all communication and basically pretend he doesn't exist or have daughter or she'll be taken from my care but he doesn't have to get his **** together and can apply for visitation? Where and how is that fair? That the bad parent gets away scot free and the one constant and the one who has shielded her from all the drama her father creates has to jump through hoops for somebody who has never met me or Darcy and is making an assumption about my capabilities and life? I then laid into her because if you're a long time reader you'll know back in September when all this first kicked off I tried EVERYTHING I went to every organisation to ask them to write me a binding letter that says he poses a threat to her and he is not allowed to take her from school or any other setting and she is not allowed to be in his presence without professional supervision and they all told me to basically **** off. She kept saying go to a solicitor go to a solicitor and I kept repeating myself to sheer ignorance that I had already been to the solicitors and she said it was a social care issue and she can only get an order out against him to keep him away from me and that my only hope was a residency order and prohibition step and solicitors fees started at £1500 and if I applied to courts without representation it would cost me £250 with no guarantee I would get it and I do not have that money. If I had the money I would fight him for residency, I would get a restraining order out on him, I would take his parental responsibilities from him, I would taken medical authority from him...but that would be in a perfect world where I don't get the **** end of the stick...in reality I can't do any of that and every organisation is basically 'ahh well good luck with that' and now I could potentially lose my daughter if I don't get myself into debt and take him to court because they see this also as me not doing right by Darcy.

So basically get myself into debt of which will affect Darcy because she'll have to go without while I pay the debt off or have her taken from me because I refuse to go into debt.

And all the while that dickhead gets to sit there and piss away £300+ a week, not pay maintenance and not have social services breathing down his neck telling him to do this this and that and forbidding him from seeing his child.

HOW, HOW IS THIS FAIR?

And today he is in court for drink driving offence number 4 I have no idea what's happening...no ones going to tell me...so I am n complete limbo with everything.

well and truly pissed off!

Needless to say this has hurt my SW se we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Sts for me so happy with that cos after an emotionally challenging week and not being 100% on plan I thought I might have undone last weeks loss so I am really happy with a sts its like last week never happened and I can start over as of right now.

So sorry to hear you're having it rough at the moment Jo. He sounds like a right a**hole and I'm so happy you and Darcy are away from him. I really hope that things get better for you both. You have stayed strong for Darcy and she'll appreciate it so much.
Well done on the sts too xx

Back