Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

MissyJo

Ladies,

I have been re-birthed into Linda Spangle world at last and have decided to do my journalling live on here.

Initially i couldn't find La Spangle in the iBooks store....but got a free Kindle app and bought it from Amazon.

I'll cut to the chase....I love it. Utterly. And did you know you can get loads of excellent tools on her website???

100 Days Challenge - registration

I am enthralled. So here's where I'll be posting from now on, a la mode de la spangle. Get in!!!

Xxx Jo

How nice a new diary.. i will have a nose at this challenge.. can u do following any eating plan to follow this? x

Day 1 of Spangelism

Day 1: 10 reasons why I want to lose weight....

1. To fit into my beautiful clothes

2. Because it is intrinsic to my self esteem

3. To feel good

4. I detest feeling fat

5. To feel I can do it

6. So my metabolism won't beat me

7. To demonstrate self control

8. To prove key people wrong

9. To feel fit and healthy

10. To be the woman I am destined to be.

*******. * * * * * * * **********. * * * * * **********. * * * **********

Day 1. I used to be that way but now I....

Fears...

That I will be inconsistent.

*I used to be inconsistent but now I can keep at things. Running ad weight loss are proof!!*

That I will give up

*I used to give up easily but now I am resilient*

That I will choose food over results

*I used to eat what I wanted but now I can make choices*

That I'll get bored

*I used to be easily bored but now I have staying power*

That I'll listen to my determined inner voice when I tries to lead lad me astray.*

**I used to listen to my inner voice but now my self talk is positive*

That I'll be impulsive

*I used to be impulsive but now I can think things through*

Day 2: interested or committed?

*** Day 2 *** Interested or Committed?

Am I interested in the idea of losing weight or am I truly committed?

What happens when the goi g gets tough? Do I stick to my plan no matter what or do I take a breaK?

I am about to decide that to adopt the 'no matter what' approach is the only way. Truth is, I have been highly committed for my first month on CD, but slow weight loss for the past two weeks has sort of undermined my resolve a bit.

So....

Interested in weight loss means....

Being generally on track though but with deviations

Being open to the voices that lead you astray...'go on, have a break/ treat / rest'

Interested is 80/20.... Dropping to 50/50 and less at key points

Interested let's other commitments get in the way of the gym or the run

Interested gives up when another interesting option comes along.....like a plate of canapés*

So what does committed look like on a diet?

Committed means 100% on mission all of the time. No breaks.*

Committed sticks to plan, no matter what.*

Committed doesn't let parties or buffets or tiredness get in the way

Committed doesn't give up when the loss is masked by water retention

Committed says no thanks, all of the time

Committed makes it to class, does the run and stays on course

Committed feels the hunger and the cravings, notices them and distracts herself. She let's them go.*

Committed is in this for the long haul

Committed knows that there will be cake and canapés and crisps in moderation at other times in life.*

Committed says no thanks at dinner, lets the bread go by and doesn't feel the need to justify

*****. * * * *OOOOOOOOO. * **********

The one thing I will do today that will show how committed I am is to run at 4.30 no matter what*

COMMITTED MEANS YOU DO IT ANYWAY. It is not a question of how I am FEELING.

Check it :) xx

I also have her book too , really if the mind is set your be able to follow the book easy . or the app lol
which tools did you get free ?

How nice a new diary.. i will have a nose at this challenge.. can u do following any eating plan to follow this? x

Yes Shanny you can. It is so flexible. Gets you to focus on your attitudes and dispositions as opposed to the exact plan you are on. Lily and Carla got me into it. Xx

I also have her book too , really if the mind is set your be able to follow the book easy . or the app lol
which tools did you get free ?

Hi there,

I got the journal and some articles free....is there an app? Xx

Yes Shanny you can. It is so flexible. Gets you to focus on your attitudes and dispositions as opposed to the exact plan you are on. Lily and Carla got me into it. Xx
Oooh nice im intrested lol i will ask Lily a question in here diary now.x

i read a post on here there was but it didn't work the app .
i just have the book . will be watching to see how your doing , best of luck

I found an app too....called 100 days of weight loss. Cost £3.49. just the same as the book tho. If I hadn't bought the book before I wouldn't have if you know what I mean?? Worth a gander girls. Xx

I found an app too....called 100 days of weight loss. Cost £3.49. just the same as the book tho. If I hadn't bought the book before I wouldn't have if you know what I mean?? Worth a gander girls. Xx
Ive got the app too now Jo..

MissyJo said:
I found an app too....called 100 days of weight loss. Cost £3.49. just the same as the book tho. If I hadn't bought the book before I wouldn't have if you know what I mean??
Me too, lol ;)

Jooooooo I have the app now too on i pad. Going to study it at caravan mon to weds to distract me whilst I get back in ketosis. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jooooooo I have the app now too on i pad. Going to study it at caravan mon to weds to distract me whilst I get back in ketosis. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins[/QUOTE

Does that mean us lot are the spangle club?? Aka the CD Spanglasses??

Have to say, girls that today's activity which involved thinking about whether or not I am committed or interested has stopped me going off the rails a few times.

I just keep thinking 'interested or committed? What would committed do?'

Tremendous

Delighted people are experimenting with the app too :)

Ahoy you Spanglers :D :D

You'll notice that Linda's website is a wee bit quiet - that's because the good lady has been battling breast cancer. :( But she's on the mend (I subscribe to her newsletter, that's how I know :)). She explains about it all in her 18 April 2011 post here: Weight Loss Minute

I love Linda's down to earth approach. Beck is good, there's no doubt about that, but something about the way Linda writes makes me feel that she 'gets me'. If that makes any sense. :)

This is just inspirational...I liked your diary before, but this sounds right up my alley, shame I dont have a kindle, an iphone or even a android..I do however have fingers and a keyboard and uncle google. I am going to track that bad boy down.

Ahoy you Spanglers :D :D

You'll notice that Linda's website is a wee bit quiet - that's because the good lady has been battling breast cancer. :( But she's on the mend (I subscribe to her newsletter, that's how I know :)). She explains about it all in her 18 April 2011 post here: Weight Loss Minute

I love Linda's down to earth approach. Beck is good, there's no doubt about that, but something about the way Linda writes makes me feel that she 'gets me'. If that makes any sense. :)

That is so utterly sad to hear. I know what you mean about how personable her writing is. One talented lady. I hope she recovers fast.

Lily, you have got me Marissa and Linda'd out. When I'm not considering the nature of my self- talk I am pondering on the reasons why I suspect a bag of Cheese McCoys will authenticate my right to be here....

Seriously, fab texts.

What is the Beck one again??

Good to see you visit my new pad.......mean xx

This is just inspirational...I liked your diary before, but this sounds right up my alley, shame I dont have a kindle, an iphone or even a android..I do however have fingers and a keyboard and uncle google. I am going to track that bad boy down.

Thank you lovely....did you find it? Xxx

Back