Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

Where do I start??

My wider road gave me a worst cases scenario of doing Atkins for the day - the bonus of that being that I'd stay in ketosis, if nothing else.

It's up to you - of course it's up to you - but you might want to think about widening your wide road just a bit. I suspect the theory behind it is to lessen any sense that you've failed if you have a day where you've been less than perfect. Because it's often the sense of failure that boots us off the wagon more than the actual food we've eaten.

Lily, I just couldn't envisage what the WR might look like!!! Thanks for helping me to see it!! Atkins would be an excellent idea. I was confused because La Spangers had been telling me about commitment versus interest and psyching me up, then I had to soften the lens!! I think I am a bit scared of losing control....I know you know what I mean :). Beauty encouragement again Lily. Thank you

Xx

Its liverpool, and those cows are wearing pyjamas and are wearing rollers.

Its MissyJo's spangleisms, they are seeping into my mind and its unleashing all sorts of madness. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg, see, when food disapears, insight appears.

I think the narrow road (the road of control and restriction) versus the wider road (the road of choice and control) are two very scary places for those of us who have commited to a "lifestyle" of weightloss for the foreseable. The narrow road is the road of limitation, the road of struggle, the road that seems like it has no end, the one when you begin to drive down it, you feel like turning back.
The wide road is the road where things can happen, cows can run into the middle of it, holding bags of crisps or cakes, there are so many distractions and turnings, you can chose to stay on the road, turn off the road, switch lanes or freak out and become a car crash...SCARY.

I love your fantastic visualisation.....that is exactly what I couldn't get my head around. I was thinking....wider road leads to madness. Hahaha. Laughing at the cows running in the middle of it. Are the cows holding the cakes?? Great .....

LOVED your post. Sleep well :) xxxxxx

Its liverpool, and those cows are wearing pyjamas and are wearing rollers.

Its MissyJo's spangleisms, they are seeping into my mind and its unleashing all sorts of madness. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg, see, when food disapears, insight appears.

Ah right. That explains everything. :D :D :D

I've gotta say, I'm loving that the cows are wearing rollers...

I love your fantastic visualisation.....that is exactly what I couldn't get my head around. I was thinking....wider road leads to madness. Hahaha. Laughing at the cows running in the middle of it. Are the cows holding the cakes?? Great .....

LOVED your post. Sleep well :) xxxxxx

I loved it too. There was me trying to come up with some analogy about backing up to find a wide enough place in the road so a pesky tractor could get by - then realised that I couldn't make anything sensible fit with the analogy. Cows in the road makes so much more sense!

Sweet and slimming dreams to you both! x

Oh they all wear rollers in Liverpool. That's where my Hubby is a detective haha.
Am off to rest now from the queas but shall return for my day 3 and jo's day 5 of "I've been spangled" love it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I need to take a leaf out of your book and actually DO my Spangle exercises instead of just reading them!! Hope you have a great day beautiful Jo xx

I need to take a leaf out of your book and actually DO my Spangle exercises instead of just reading them!! Hope you have a great day beautiful Jo xx

Well, gorgeous Carla life gets busy. When the time comes, you will spangle. I've got the girls in the office Spangling now. Snigger.

Any road, today's spangdate (Spangle update)

Day 5... Magic Notebook

Am not one for writing stuff down, generally but this ones a blinder...

'Just because you think about a food doesn't mean you have to eat it. Whenever Jennifer got a craving for a specific food such as cheesecake, she wrote it in her notebook. She said, "By writing it down, I take it out of my head. I tell myself I don't have to think about it anymore because it's recorded and I can always return to it later."

When a food thought crosses your mind, remind yourself that you don't have to act on it. Instead, write down the name or even a description of the food, and then anticipate the pleasure of eating it sometime in the future.'

Sounds like a plan!!

I can't really do today's tasks because this hasn't happened yet but I will come back to it next time I have a food thought:

1.Whenever you think about a particular food you want, write it down in your notebook.

2.Plan that you'll eat it at another time. If you wish, add the amount you'll have and how often you'll fit it into your program.

3.Stretch the times farther apart for eating this food. You may discover that after a while, certain foods don't seem as important to you as they once did.

Today I took the WIDER ROAD. Yeeeehah.

I went out for lunch with colleagues to a Turkish restaurant and chose a mixed kebab with no rice or pitta. The NARROW ROAD would have been to eat approx 165g chicken shish and I did consider that. Instead I had the full kebab which was chicken, lamb and a lamb mince kebab. It was delicious and I savoured every bite.

I was full as anything after....

I also had my 3 cd and ran 3 miles to redress the balance (not as a punishment....I really enjoyed it!!!)

I didn't feel any regret. I think, ladies, something is happening in my dysfunctional food psyche and I love it :)*

Apprentice on now so just a quickie today xxxx

Yay! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You took the dual carriageway, baby! :D

Cruising along in 5th gear...nice!!!!

BTW my husband is a turkish native. The sole reason I am in the predicament of being a lard arse (well ok, I had a part to play in that). The turkish kitchen(as he would say) is sooooo lovely, I could eat all day long if I could and he was cooking...shame they go in for bread big time. I did the marrisa peers test on the bread he baked one time and it didnt make a doughy ball, so I kind of figured it was ok to eat, turns out NOT, well not by the loaf at least.

I too took the wider road today, well by wide I mean I eat some chicken (It was a long day) but I realised that it is the water that is my issue, its not that I was hungry, well I think not. I only drank about 2 glasses and loads of black coffee all day.

I am now about to chug a bottle of san peligrino, I mean if you gotta do it, do it big baby!

I am now about to chug a bottle of san peligrino, I mean if you gotta do it, do it big baby!

LOL, you go, you mean, getting lean, swigging water machine! :D :D :D

Well done Jo! I think you've done amazingly. Just because we're restricted doesn't mean we have to suffer and be really rigid with it as long as we make smart choices and enjoy what we eat why not take the wider road. It's the mindless binging that's no good to mind oe body. I'm really enjoying CD (mostly) lol, sounds like you are too xx

Well done Jo! I think you've done amazingly. Just because we're restricted doesn't mean we have to suffer and be really rigid with it as long as we make smart choices and enjoy what we eat why not take the wider road. It's the mindless binging that's no good to mind oe body. I'm really enjoying CD (mostly) lol, sounds like you are too xx

Too true, suffering isnt something that we should aspire to have in our lives. The very word "restrictive" turns my blood cold, but then I kind of think about it as I do with all addictions, you have to get it out of your system first before you can begin the step changes neccesary for the long haul. If we were treated the same way as chonic alcoholics or drug addicts, we would be able to do in-house detoxes where other people would monitor our activity and test us for our carb intake. It's that level of restriction that helps give them some breathing space, BUT as soon as they get let out - PARTY TIME. One slip, then they think...F**k It, I did it now, so I am just going back to what I know.

Its a massive challenge to change your lifestyle.

Thats what we want to avoid, so being sensible and learning to drive down the wider road without being all wild and crazy like, is a good thing.

Too true, suffering isnt something that we should aspire to have in our lives. The very word "restrictive" turns my blood cold, but then I kind of think about it as I do with all addictions, you have to get it out of your system first before you can begin the step changes neccesary for the long haul. If we were treated the same way as chonic alcoholics or drug addicts, we would be able to do in-house detoxes where other people would monitor our activity and test us for our carb intake. It's that level of restriction that helps give them some breathing space, BUT as soon as they get let out - PARTY TIME. One slip, then they think...F**k It, I did it now, so I am just going back to what I know.Its a massive challenge to change your lifestyle.Thats what we want to avoid, so being sensible and learning to drive down the wider road without being all wild and crazy like, is a good thing.

I totally agree ladies....this thing we are doing is not a blooming corset. It is an option we have CHOSEN.

The 'DUAL CARRIAGEWAY' Lily describes is so perfect.

I am learning so much by assimilating what you lovely ladies say combined with La Spangle....it is a powerful synthesis.

Love it.

Scales went down this morning to 12 st 1.5 in the buff. GET IN.

Have a lovely day. Spangle you laterrrrrr xxx

Oooh, nearly in the 11's wooooo!!! Get in there! :D

Fabulous!!!!!!!!

Now, where is day 6 of spangle??? :)

How's your party going hunni? Have u done ss+ or come off plan. Either way you are so positive I know you will be 100% again tomorrow :) keep spangling xxxx

Eeeeeeek. Away at my Daddy's for his 60th. Stayed on the road until tonight and have gone slightly awry for just one night. Hee hee. Back on track tomorrow when I will spangle once more xxxx

U will be right back on it Jo I know it cos u are super will powered and committed. Mwah mwah xxxx

Spangle on, Dudes!!

Hello everyone... Can i join you?! Massively inspired by this thread so have downloaded the app and start day one tomorrow! Hope there us room on the team for a little one? (well, metaphorically little) xx

Evening all!

First of all good evening to our new buddy Kaie Kaye! Come on in and spangle along with us :)

Feels like I've been away ages girls. Last couple of weeks have been a bit interesting but I am going to choose my words very carefully. I mean, I could say like 'OMG what at distaster!!! I like totally fell off the wagon and it was a toooooootal nightmare'. Or I could flick ahead to days 67 and 68 in our favourite book and a less emotionally charged was of describing what happened.

I have had a couple of pauses that have helped me to widen then old road. Pauses that have allowed me to pause, take stock and enjoy the view a while.

I had told myself I would allow myself one protein based meal per day when away for my Dad's 60th birthday weekend. This worked well for the first night and most of the second day....I stuck to plan.

As dinner was being served last night I decided I would have a baked potato and naan bread along with my barbecued chicken breast. This was a conscious decision, made on the basis that I had made sensible choices all weekend and felt confident about narrowing the road down the next day.

Why on earth I then snaffled loads of chocolate and cake is a mystery to me, but probably has to do with the idea ofnhaving one single night off and doing all my damage in one run. Am laughing as I type because I did lose control once the naan bread floodgates were opened.....but I didn't go all guilty and morose. I talked about my loss of control with my family who were, frankly in the same boat. They diffused the situation and we all ate chocolate together.

This morning I got up and got straight back on plan. I had a long journey ahead driving from London to Newcastle but felt positive.

I know that this had been helped by the fact that I have been feeling great in my face Guess jeans this weekend and am conscious that my efforts are paying off. Really, really.

We stopped at Tibshelf services and the plan was that my OH would get a burger and I would get a big black coffee to go with my lunchtime bar.

Until I got inside the place and saw the burger bar.

I wanted a burger

I wanted onion rings

I wanted teeny thin crispy fries

I WANTED KETCHUP

I went to the loo to ponder and the following thoughts flooded my brain.....

* I'm on holiday. I'll get back on track tomorrow

* but that's what I said today....and if I keep undermining myself I may as well just give up!

* what if i never get back on track??

The outcome?? I didn't have the burger. I had my coffee and peanut bar, having convinced myself that the short term delights offered by the burger would do more damange than it was worth.

Slowly, a sense of perspective overcame the impulsive burger need.

I realised that the burger would be the start of another day off. That it would be the gateway to a Chinese when I got home, a muffin, more chocolate......and subtract another day of weight loss from my progress.

I thought about that blooming burger for about an hour after. Then I made my plan.

I will get back track and feel positive about my first WI for two weeks when it gets here on Thursday.

I will get some bars to keep me going and send my hubby to avoid the temptation to get on the scales.

I will run on Monday and Wednesday and look forward to Thursday because I know I have made progress.

I will feel proud that I minimised the damage today and learned to have a pause on the way of the mountain without leaping off the edge and into a cravass.

I had a great weekend with my delightful family.......and a slice of my Daddy's 60th birthday cake.

Lots of love, ladies

Xxxxx

Back