Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

Weighed in Thu, another 2 off, makes 22

Girls,

I have two especially crazy work weeks a year and have just emerged fro one of them

Just been backtracking through your insightful, intelligent, hilarious and downright squishy posts.....love it

I had dinner our Weds....ate 6 chicken drumsticks in my office in a kind of frenzy at 6 to stop me from going breadbasket mad in the restaurant at 8. It worked. Had scallops then salmon, teeny but of veg and left before dessert.

Well behaved Thursday. Go weighed. Did a like air punch thing when I lost 2 pounds which means I have about 11 to go. Yessssss!

Yesterday was always going to be challenging. My students graduated and I took them a huge chocolate cake. The smell of it was amazing. I didn't have any.

Lunch was at a tapas restaurant. I had a plate of spanish antipasti and kept my eyes off the patatas bravas.

I went to the ball last night in a size 10 Julien MacDonald shift dress. Bit tight, bit short but did the job.

A large but not piled up plate of assorted buffet and a bit of cheesecake for dinner as agreed with myself and enough dancing to deal with a few calories at least.

Overall, everything is ok. Am feeling a bit stressed and strange and kind of worthless at the mo. Lily is right, I....we are enough girls.

And Carla....am still smiling about your 'when I grow up' comment. So lovely.

Nat...there is a trigger in there somewhere and I have ditched the vending machine goods with your ceramac.

Katie...you are right....we can do this

Off to a double gym rollover (literally) of Body Pump and Zumba and will catch up proper later.

Your support is priceless. Lots of love xxxx

First off, wow, size 10!! :D Wow, 2lbs and wow dealing with all that stress without food! And 11lbs is nothing! That'll be gone before you know it.
Well done on making good food choices, I wouldn't of passed up on the cheesecake either, wider road ;)
As for feeling rubbish, change that negative internal monologue! You are an amazing, intelligent, inspirational supportive woman and you should be proud of yourself! Xx

Well done Jo on you weigh loss so close to target now eeeek. Well done on widening your road too. It would have been so easy to blow it with the first meal out n keep going overboard but you didn't you got your control back and finished off with a treat instead. Well done all round. Mwah xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A double gym rollover? :eek:

Mad woman. :D Respect!

Well done on the 2 pounds down. You're a star! :happy096:

A double gym rollover sounds like a judo move - one which would hurt, but for a woman who rocks the size 10 Julian Mcdonnald shift dress (which to the rest of the world would fit a size 12 lass) I am sure that was a breeze!

Did you practice the first 2 bites on that cheesecake???? I am loving the concept, but can't try it out at the moment can I...thats why I am kind of keeping Linda in reserve right now until I move up to food in the plan, it's kind of pointless when food is imbargoed anyway.

Super-dooper Jo...11lbs to go...on the last stretch now!!!

First off, wow, size 10!! :D Wow, 2lbs and wow dealing with all that stress without food! And 11lbs is nothing! That'll be gone before you know it.
Well done on making good food choices, I wouldn't of passed up on the cheesecake either, wider road ;)
As for feeling rubbish, change that negative internal monologue! You are an amazing, intelligent, inspirational supportive woman and you should be proud of yourself! Xx

I love you lot so much!

The dress is s stretchy 10....but guess what??

I got into my Victoria Beckhams last week with only a small top de muffin!! They are a US size 30 which I think is a 12....but very low at the hip and skinny on the leg.

Happy.

This week has been funny. I haven't been overly committed, but nor have I been totally uncommitted.

Maybe I've been gently committed.

I gave it my all at 'Pump' yesterday and then shook my buns at Zumba for an hour straight off.
Fell asleep on the sofa at 3 and woke up RAVENOUSLY hungry (not imaginary hungry) at 6.

I had a tandoori mixed grill. Naughty? Not really. I had done 2 hours intensive exercise and am planning a 5 mile run this afternoon. Yes, it was off radar but my body aint gonna run on nothing methinks. I had no egges or chicken in the house....so made a choice I suppose.
It was really lovely and a good future takeaway option...

I swapped the 165g chicken I would usually have on a Sunday into the bargain and will just SS from now to next Friday.

I am in a bit of a strange place at the moment. Maybe I am thinking in less of a black and white way....but it feels a bit strange.

Part of me wants to SS 150% and get the weight off fast, wheras the other bit of me wants to pause on the way up to the mountain and learn to make decent choices on the wider road.

I haven't spangled for about a week and will do tonight. I would do with revisiting my goals I think.....

No major disasters.....no major direction

Feel a bit rudderless maybe xx

A double gym rollover sounds like a judo move - one which would hurt, but for a woman who rocks the size 10 Julian Mcdonnald shift dress (which to the rest of the world would fit a size 12 lass) I am sure that was a breeze!

Did you practice the first 2 bites on that cheesecake???? I am loving the concept, but can't try it out at the moment can I...thats why I am kind of keeping Linda in reserve right now until I move up to food in the plan, it's kind of pointless when food is imbargoed anyway.

Super-dooper Jo...11lbs to go...on the last stretch now!!!

Do you know what....I didn't get this originally, Nat!

My profile (or whatever) is a bit rrrrubbish.

I didn't do the 2 bites thing, sadly. It dodn't really touch the sides....hahahah!

Oh, have ytou tried jumping ahead to DAY 41 on Linda until you hit scran? It works. Honest.

I am keeping the foodie days until later. Though could have referred to them more than amply in the last 7 days. Oink. xx

I wore a waspie corset laced REALLY tight on Friday and my students (who are just graduating) commented on my weight. It was supposed to act as an anti cheesecake device. Heigh ho :( xxx

Anti-cheesecake device, man could I ever use one of those!! :) Hey, if doing Cd this way is working for you, your losing weight, occasionally indulging, why worry? If it aint broke, don't fix it! Xx

Do you know what....I didn't get this originally, Nat!

My profile (or whatever) is a bit rrrrubbish.

I didn't do the 2 bites thing, sadly. It dodn't really touch the sides....hahahah!

Oh, have ytou tried jumping ahead to DAY 41 on Linda until you hit scran? It works. Honest.

I am keeping the foodie days until later. Though could have referred to them more than amply in the last 7 days. Oink. xx

I wore a waspie corset laced REALLY tight on Friday and my students (who are just graduating) commented on my weight. It was supposed to act as an anti cheesecake device. Heigh ho :( xxx

Oh my god I just re-read that - I meant to say it would fit a size 8 in the rest of the world (or someone sans boobage) NOT 12...you know what. I am on plannet blob today, my brain is fried....

Sorry Jo, I was meaning you were clearly sveltte as.... :) Bloody hormones speaking for me.

Didn't read it as that...hee hee! I knew whatcha meant, lol. It is one of them where the size is irrelevant cos it is crocheted...know worra mean??

I didn't spangle. Gaaaaaaaah.

Did have a 100% day tho.....and ran 4.22 miles an aaaaaallll.
Yay

Am blooming famished......night lovelies xxxx

Kind of uh-oh, kind of phew!

Ok. Good news. I did a toning and weights class at the gym and am in target to fulfil my fitness goals at least.

Good news also....I am still in ketosis.

Slightly less positive news...kind of.

The wider road was walked again.

I had to get through two buffets today. Now ideally I would have eaten nothing I know.

What I wanted was mini spring rolls, floury baps filled with ham and cheese savoury and mini muffins. I almost caved.

I ate mini sausages, king prawns and chicken at both (12 o'clock and 6 o clock). Too much. Felt full and over salted.

Toning class was great and I have not gone all morose. I just sometimes question my commitment

MUST spangle soon x

Sounds committed to me. Maybe not committed to Cambridge... :D ...but committed to keeping it low carb.

High Five! :wavey:

Sounds committed to me. Maybe not committed to Cambridge... :D ...but committed to keeping it low carb.

High Five! :wavey:

.....and a high five with a body slam and a cherry on top from me!!!!

I think, when faced with le buffet a deux, you came out of that on top kiddo.

THIS is what the wider road is for...to enable us to choose. And choose you did, you went for what you know is good for you, what is'nt going to make all your hard work pale into insignificance. You totaly poss'd it up girlfriend and for that, you should be super proud!

PLUS...toning class...YIKES. :)

Girls, do you know how much of a positive start you have given me to the day?

Thanks so much....I suppose I could have had a muffin. And I made myself go to class even with a belly full of posh cocktail sausages and teriyaki prawns.

Am doing this kind of mad, numb impulsive eating at the mo. Leapt ahead do spangle on heart and head eating. Mine is DEFO head eating....I want like an explosive feeling in my gob (!!) and I seem to go into a bit of a zombified state when I am standing next to a plate of satay chicken or in possession of a packet of M and S sugar free glacier mints.

I just graze. Like a possessed heifer.

I am going to slow down and focus on that for a bit while the running and toning are taking care of themselves

Why is this so blooming complex?

Have a great day xx

Am doing this kind of mad, numb impulsive eating at the mo. Leapt ahead do spangle on heart and head eating. Mine is DEFO head eating....I want like an explosive feeling in my gob (!!) and I seem to go into a bit of a zombified state when I am standing next to a plate of satay chicken or in possession of a packet of M and S sugar free glacier mints.

I just graze. Like a possessed heifer.

I am going to slow down and focus on that for a bit while the running and toning are taking care of themselves

Why is this so blooming complex?

Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating: Amazon.co.uk: Gillian Riley: Books

Here you go. This is what I'm using to work through the exact same feeling.

I agree with Lily & Nat, you are choosing the wider road & low carbing, and you are more than making up for it with exercise. Don't beat yourself up so much! xx

Love it....this forum and you absolute troopers have changed my dietary existence.

I remember last time I did CD (alone and shivering in the depths of winter) and I twice compulsively ate protein (once some chicken and mayo and once an omelette and cheese) because I felt freezing (I really feel the cold when in Keto in winter) and my CDC at the time treated me like it was some major, odd occurence.

This time is different. You help me normalise it all....totally. You relate.

I think you rock :)

Today has been a 98% if you count a packet of sugar free mints (troughed fast) and 2 small bottles of coke zero as a 2%fault.

Other than that I have been an angel.

I also ran 4.22 miles and still didn't eat. Am determined to have a good WI on Friday.

Tomorrow should be fine...no events or temptations to throw me, and as long as I resist the vending machine I should be laughing.

I won't be working out tomorrow or Thursday because I am doing a down to London and back thing Thu (first class...get in.....should I have bacon and eggs for my free breakkie or stick to SS? Am undecided). I should be running Friday, weather permitting and if I do, that will mean I have done the following in a week:
Fri: Ran 4.22 miles
Sat: Body pump and Zumba
Sun: Ran 4.22 miles
Mon: Body blitz
Tues: Ran 4.22 Miles

Now that should put pay to the buffet and two protein binges this week

Fingers crossed

Night night lovelies :) xxxx

Just popped in to say that I have really enjoyed your diary and all the contributions the lovely ladies have posted. Came at a time when I was lacking motivation and focus. Downloaded the Spangle ap. Think that will be a help, the post on comittment really resonated for me and prompted me to do some work on that and re focus.

Thank you again and all your lovely ladies xx

Just popped in to say that I have really enjoyed your diary and all the contributions the lovely ladies have posted. Came at a time when I was lacking motivation and focus. Downloaded the Spangle ap. Think that will be a help, the post on comittment really resonated for me and prompted me to do some work on that and re focus.

Thank you again and all your lovely ladies xx

Welcome Clara!

Thanks for your lovely comments....this forum and the startlets therein have kept me sane since May 1st when I started up.

It makes such a difference when we all talk....

I hope we see more of you. Any friend of La Spangle is a friend of mine

:talk017::welcome2::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::welcome2::talk017:

Back