Jo's Spangletastic Jibberings- a Joyous Journey

Bloomin Brilliant Missy Jo!!!

I am just reading day 8 of 100 days, its funny but "this is what I want" actually verbalising how you want others to react to you (or support your efforts) HAS a huge impact. I realised after mulling it over for a while. I have a few unsupportive people in my life who range from the very naggy "dont eat that" (meaning you are fat enough already, you dont need to eat any more cake/biscuits) to totaly not acknowledging the effort that is needed to stay focused on SS and saying "oh come on, one bit wont hurt" (my husband for instance) to being totally unaware of what my actions say about my mood (coming in from work, frantically looking in the fridge/cupboard for any kind of substance that will make me feel carb-calmer)...

It's all about saying - hey you know what, I am not going to fall into this trap. I am going to say no. I am going to stay on track! I can do this!

It's so simple yet so meaningful and actually I kind of see that my food battle, isnt really about food. Food I can take or leave. Its about feelings, and those feelings not getting the right sort of responses from the people around me, or worse yet, that I dont interact on a meaningful level with some of my close companions, I JUST PRETEND EVERYTHING IS OK...then in the past (of course) I would just inhale a bag of haribo, or devour an entire pack of caramel digestives...I would then feel vindicated "ha, see! I can make uncomfortable feelings go away - I dont need you people!"...

It's amazing how this two pronged aproach is actually opening up a whole new perspective for me! Roll on day 9!

4 pounds.....woo hoo. That was for 2 weeks but am really chuffed. That means I have lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and am 13 from target. Yay. I'll post better tomorrow. Thanks for asking chick xxxx

:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:
:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: Way to go, MissyJo!! :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:
:banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer: :banana dancer:​

Woot! Well done Jo! Last stretch now! You're doing amazingly well with CD and Linda Spangle, you're an inspiration xx

Here's our Jo
Just watch her Go
She loves the spangle
To help her waist band dangle
She has helped us all get through the day
And she is always positive come what may
Full of love it always seems
Now watch her fit into those sexy Jeans

Haha couldn't resist xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just seen this and I LOVE it!!! Hehehehe. Thanks so much honey. Am working on a reply. Watch this space xxx

:))))))))):thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

[It's amazing how this two pronged aproach is actually opening up a whole new perspective for me! Roll on day 9!/QUOTE]

Hey girls, as always your refections and general diet love affirmations are keeping me going. I wanted a decent bit of time on the PC upstairs today as am still not keen on using this iPad. I seem to miss posts and get all muddled. Anyway, I just got comfy on the chair which is located in a bay on our landing right outside the bathroom door and someone took residence on the throne. Had to move at once. Ugh.

Sorry if that was a bit graphic. Sometimes living with a man is a challenge.

Not much to update this morning, other than that things are ok and the plan is progressing.

I am taking a couple of days to let some big Spangle messages digest rather than doing a new one every single day...sometimes I think I need to practice the message.

So still on the topic of 'motivation' as per day 41, I have been focussing on my fitness this week.

Am delighted that I've managed two 3 mile runs and a mahoosive 4.2 miler last night. Running is really important to me on so many levels and I avoided returning to CD for ages because I was convinced I would need to choose between my physical activity and the plan. This presented a bit of a tension for me because I have spent 2 years building my fitness and cannot just let it slip back to zero. When invited started running post CD round 1 in 2009 I could barely run for 60 seconds at a time. Just before starting CD again this time I had just done a 10k race.

In essence, I knew I was going to have to do both.

Managing my usual longer run of 4.22 miles last night was just amazing. During ng second week on plan I thought I would struggle to do a mile but managed 3. Second to fouth weeks I was doing 3 mile runs.

Egged on by Linda, I decided to head out on my longer circuit last night. If I needed to I could walk home after all.

Guess what....I did it and loved it and my home scales and registering a beautiful loss this morning. Image extra chicken to compensate because I didn't want to be hungry today, which brings me to issue of the weekend...facing the MIL.

Yep, outlaws family lunch today. The MIL is like a rake....always has been. She has no idea that anyone else can have a different type of metabolism and seems to think I am some kind of covert kebab scranning piglet. She's not nasty....just naive and a bit dogmatic.

I will have some cold meat and salad so as to not draw attention to myself and use la Spangle's 'I might have some later' when confronted by the cheese straws and chocolate torte.

I shall report back later.

Oh, the issue is compounded by the fact that my SIL comments on my weight really rudely every time I see the family. She has never managed to shed her weight (she must be about 14stones) and I never comment. Her business. Just makes me madder when she has little snipes at me....and they can be really nasty. You know the kind of comments that are loaded with passive aggression.....'so I see you have finished your diet now' and 'see I knew you'd put it all back on after doing that starvation thing. Mustbhave made you I'll.

I just want to deck her every time she opens her gob.

What she needs to remember is that the fluctuations we are talking about are between the 10.5 and 13.5 range and that I have come down from just shy of 18 stones in the past 5 years. It is a gift that I have stayed within this lower, three stone range. And this time I am going to nail it.

Angry. Lol

Will let you know how it goes xxxxxx

4 pounds.....woo hoo. That was for 2 weeks but am really chuffed. That means I have lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and am 13 from target. Yay. I'll post better tomorrow. Thanks for asking chick xxxx
Fantasic Jo.. i bet you are so chuffed.. not go to go to reach target now. Oh yes report back on how the outlaws lunch went lol..
Hope your having a lovely day x

Kind of oh dear but no disaster.

Fantasic Jo.. i bet you are so chuffed.. not go to go to reach target now. Oh yes report back on how the outlaws lunch went lol..
Hope your having a lovely day x

Hey there

I had lunch but it went a wee bit awry. His Ma had plated up a teeny but of ham and corned beef ready for me amidst a sea of sandwiches, pizza, chips and dips, cake and little baked pastries. Although I wasn't that tempted to snaffle the carbs, I didn't have enough protein available to get a sort of feeling of satisfaction. Consequently I was starving and faced with all that food.

I plumped for a couple of chunks of cranberry cheese to sort me. Drove home feeling famished and ate a 240 g pack of chicken breast slices with a dollop of Mayo ( bizarre).

Hmmmmm. I think I felt kind of denied at lunch. Like restricted. It would have been better to have not eaten at all

Still, didn't have the carrot and walnut cake or pizza. Wide road worked again.

Off for a little kip xxd

:clap: Yay for not eating the cake and pizza! (or as I like to view it these days, chemically sweetened cattle feed and pus on cattle feed... good ol' Marisa Peer :D)

I guess his Ma did her best, though it would've been better if she'd given you a huge plate of ham and corned beef (bless her for trying).

:woohoo: for the wide road!

:clap: Yay for not eating the cake and pizza! (or as I like to view it these days, chemically sweetened cattle feed and pus on cattle feed... good ol' Marisa Peer :D)

I guess his Ma did her best, though it would've been better if she'd given you a huge plate of ham and corned beef (bless her for trying).

:woohoo: for the wide road!

While on the disturbing subject of plated buffets. WHO and I mean WHO plates up Corned Beef??? Is this a delicacy in your part of the world Jo??? Or is your fella's mum part of the WI and won a tin of tulip's finest corned beef in the last harvest festival raffle?

I would have liked to have seen tiger prawns, perhaps some smoked salmon, olives even some silverside beef rolled up into little cone shapes - that would have done me.

Actually Being the cake whore at the buffet, I cant really say I normally take much notice of whats on offer on the savoury side of the table (except when its something totally out of the ordinary - like I dont know ...devilled egg's circa 1970's tupperwear party)

BUT KUDOS for leaving that cake alone. Cake is EVIL, it just looks all moist and delicious and tempting, but most of the time, when you eat it, its just the same old disapointment, dry, flavourless - yes lily cattle feed (I remember that from my MP hypno CD, but god is her voice anoying, I cant listen anymore)

My MIL is a feeder and in her culture its offensive not to partake in the delicious food that's on offer. That said, his whole family are like rakes - even after knocking a million babies out. They always try and tell me to drink some mad herbs in milk EXCLAIMING IT WILL MAKE ME LOSE KILLO'S IN A DAY, which it kind of did, through a combination of virtually crapping myself and becoming severely deyhdrated - not an experience I relish.

Oh Jesus Nat you make me wee you really do with laughter. Corned beef god my grandma loved a corned beef n pickle butty bless her but I cud never get past the lard type stuff round the edges.
What I like about u Jo is that when u rebel like today u do it in a controlled manner. So it's like haha look at me CD I am eating off plan however you win as they are proteins that aren't gonna knock u off ketosis n let's face it not gonna stop you losing weight in such small quantities. So you are a controlled rebelled leading CD into a false sense of security I like your style. And u prob need the protein with the running anyway so you'll be fine. Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Am laughing like a jackdaw at your posts girls. Corned beef....and one slice of it. One. Slice. I could have cried. And then as I had a second chunk of cheese instead of cake she commented!! She said something to the effect of 'don't spoil your diet'.

My inner she wolf growled savagely.

I think I turned up ready to eat but prepared to do the good natured rebellion our Katie describes.

In the car on the way home I said I was going to eat the chicken and Mayo AND then get a tandoori mixed grill later and have a wide road day.

But I relented and had a cappuccino shake at 9pm. I Spangled......decided to stop thinking I had blown it and limit the impact instead.

Hungry now and headed to bed but still in Keto somehow...thought them cranberries would have pushed me out.

This is a long, steady climb to the peak girls......mini pauses won't get he better of us.

Going to a special Mass tomorrow where the Bishop is attending and anticipate cake avoidance techniques will be required.

I have to sort the way food makes me feel......am terrible round it. That pizza nearly made me cry today I wanted it so bad.

Night night my ketogenic lovelies xxxx

[

But I relented and had a cappuccino shake at 9pm. I Spangled......decided to stop thinking I had blown it and limit the impact instead.

Atta' girl MissyJo

It's unrealistic, that even the MOST commited people can avoid beefy treats like that, even at the best of times! But you stopped and thought about it, no no tandoori platter for you. Cappuccino all the way.

Incidentally, I am researching low carb cooking (not the atkins or south beach variety) boy are there loads of bloggers out there who live in low carb land. I am packing up my sugary sh** and moving there after my CD therapy is over.

Incidentally, I am researching low carb cooking (not the atkins or south beach variety) boy are there loads of bloggers out there who live in low carb land. I am packing up my sugary sh** and moving there after my CD therapy is over.

Hey Nat man pet hinny, take iz there pet.

I was just talking to an old mate at mass there....when explaining why I wouldn't have a cupcake. Then age old story repeated itself....she said 'aw yeah, I did lighter life and lost two stone last year and then stopped and piled it back on'.

The common denominator in her story and mine and so many others?? CARBS.

Seriously. Female bodies don't do carbs. Homronally, our metabolisms grab the blighters out of our bloodstream and slap em straight on our hips, bums and bellies for later.

I have been musing over our dear Coral Princess' considerations relating to Dukan and wondering if if it might be a plausible plan for post CD?

So you would eat reasonably most days ( I personally would choose lean protein and low carbs), have two free meals a week and eat pure protein every Thursday. It is a bit more complex than that of course, but low carb for most of my existence is what I am reaching for.

But you know what? I adore natural yogurt, eggs, back bacon, chicken, prawns, non starchy veggies and most of all TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS on everything. Ahem.

We can do it. A world of lush, fresh tastes awaits us xxxx

Sigh

Weird I too have been givng Dukan the eye! I just need to really process that those delicious wheatie treaties are not at all good for me. You know what is a good trick, mash up you food drug of choice with a bit of tepid tap water (to mimic saliva) then think...thats what you are eating. It really worked for me, but then I started to enjoy eating cookie dough ben and jerry's and it all went out of the window, because I was like "mmmmm raw cookies"...

The last time I did Cambridge, I also did some Hypnotherapy before I started and it worked wonders, but then I think I must be very susceptible!

The only thing that put me off going back to low carb is the fruit and veggie situation. :( I can't be doing with not being able to have peas and sweetcorn and carrots, LOL. And although you can have berries on low carb, they're not in season all year round, are they?

Hence I was happy to be Marisa'd (think I'm susceptible to being hypnotised too, Nat :D).

Personally, I ate way too much cheese when I was low carbing so it's better for me to cut it out.

So I'm on lower carb diet. It's not hard core low carb (i.e., below 40g carb a day) but it's a lot lower carb than a conventional diet would be. I get to eat whatever fruit and veg I want (except potatoes). And it seems to be working, even if it's sloooowww... :rolleyes:

Lily, do you think your body may have a problem with sugars?? I mean, like insulin resistance? The speed of your loss on a normal plan is much the same as mine. Dukan gave me a zero loss in 20 days. I have kind of reached stalemate with my doc now and we concede that there must be something hormonal going on (possibly oestrogen dominance). You just reminded me of me then.

Nat, I love the cookie dough too. Indeed, I love when CD porridge reminds me of hot cake mix. How grim am I??

When I say I am going to go low carb I mean just avoiding starchier veg, pasta, read, rice and that. I love butternut squash and would allow myself that, plus carrots I feel. Berries rock...I buy them frozen from the supermarket.

I would even eat apples and pears I think....

The main thing I can't get away with is regular doses of pasta, bread, spuds and rice. Just makes me expand.

I soooooo love toasted seeds and balsamic dressings and spinach and lean protein. Getting hungry now. Stop it!

Anyway, had a 100% day today and in Keto. Didn't run cos it rained. Have just had to ask hubby to remove a pack of sugar free polo mints from my person as I was eating them I. A frenzy. Ugh. Explosive consequences later :( xx

Spangly day 42

Ladies...feeling a bit mentally challenged today so have spangled. Here goes....

Day 42 MOTIVATION....

Ambivalence is the one of the biggest enemies of change. If you aren't sure if you really want to take action on something such as your weight, ambivalence will usually win. To get past this roadblock, you have to raise the importance of your goal and make it matter.

Now make a list of all the ways your weight affects your life.

I'm dredging the bottom of my soul on this one.......(in brackets are a rating for how much each emotion bothers me...10 is a lot, 1 is a little)

It makes me feel worthless (10)

Being overweight makes me feel unattractive, heavy, undesirable (10)

When I feel overweight I feel out of control. (8)

Not being able to wear my clothes without feeling slender is awful. In feel like a burst sofa. (9)

I feel that people judge me when I am overweight (10)

I feel people see me as a failure, as being weak (9)

I feel people will see me as being greedy, not able to control my impulses (10)

When my belly is big. I actually feel stale and a bit unclean. Not fresh. Horrid feeling. (10)

I don't feel good enough....(10)

Basically this exercise serves to remind me that mu mission to lose then last stone is important. Very important. I will remember this when. The going gets tough and the little voices start telling me I can or should have something and that I don't care. Xx

Lily, do you think your body may have a problem with sugars?? I mean, like insulin resistance? The speed of your loss on a normal plan is much the same as mine. Dukan gave me a zero loss in 20 days. I have kind of reached stalemate with my doc now and we concede that there must be something hormonal going on (possibly oestrogen dominance). You just reminded me of me then.

Ah, oestrogen dominance. We know the problem well in the Lily household... And in answer to your question, yes probably. I've always suspected that I may have had PCOS but luckily I insisted on going on the pill when I was in my early 20s so I didn't lose too many eggs. Think I might have struggled to conceive DS if I hadn't. Never had it officially diagnosed, mind, but I used to have the most irregular periods in the world and suffered lots of hair in odd places - electrolysis sorted most of it out, but what a pain.

When I say I am going to go low carb I mean just avoiding starchier veg, pasta, read, rice and that. I love butternut squash and would allow myself that, plus carrots I feel. Berries rock...I buy them frozen from the supermarket.

I would even eat apples and pears I think....

The main thing I can't get away with is regular doses of pasta, bread, spuds and rice. Just makes me expand.

I soooooo love toasted seeds and balsamic dressings and spinach and lean protein. Getting hungry now. Stop it!

Then hunni, you could do a lot worse than get Marisa Peer's 'You can be thin' book, because you've basically described the food I eat. And the truly wondrous thing is that I no longer even want bread, pasta, cake, biscuits or cheese. I thought I'd miss that stuff but I don't. :)

Anyway, had a 100% day today and in Keto. Didn't run cos it rained. Have just had to ask hubby to remove a pack of sugar free polo mints from my person as I was eating them I. A frenzy. Ugh. Explosive consequences later :( xx

LOL, that could be fun. Nothing like polyols to liven up your evening... :D

Well done on the (almost) 100% day! :clap:

Heheh.....truuuuuuuump!!

I just knew it Lily. My body sticks at 13 st 5 if I let it. Blooming hormones. Drive me mad.

Lights out time but love that post

Truuuuuuump

Mighty fellow oestro crazy xxx

Back