JUDDDD... Questions

Hey- I have been back on CD Soul Source for nearly a month now- still got a fair old bit of weight to lose- am just under 14 stone. Just wondering really what your wise opinions would be about swapping over to this...

a) Would I be able to swap straight away? What affect would that have on my weight loss? or would I need to Add A Meal or do 790 or move up the stages...?
b) Is it ok to just have my cambridge shakes on Down Days?
c) How does the whole hunger thing work here on off days? Am I right in saying Ketosis is a thing of the past on this diet...
d) Generally what are ur feelings and experiences of using this diet??
e) Any positives and negatives

Would be suuuuper grateful of any feedback!

thanks
xx

bigbluefurrymonster

a) Would I be able to swap straight away? What affect would that have on my weight loss? or would I need to Add A Meal or do 790 or move up the stages...?

I would move up the stages if possible.
b) Is it ok to just have my cambridge shakes on Down Days?

Yes, that's more than fine :)
c) How does the whole hunger thing work here on off days? Am I right in saying Ketosis is a thing of the past on this diet...
Yes, no ketosis, but it isn't so hard (so I'm told) as you can always eat the next day.
d) Generally what are ur feelings and experiences of using this diet??
e) Any positives and negatives

Hopefully clairejen will be along shortly

Hi BBFM, I don't know about the stages, but I'd guess doing the first few at least would be best as your body is used to having very little at the moment. Meal replacements like the shakes are recommended for DDs to start with as it is easy to know where you are caloriewise. There's no ketosis, but you do get used to the pattern. Equally there's no failure, you know how on CD if you eat anything you risk messing it all up, well on JUDDDD it's just a higher DD, or an UD instead of a DD, so the diet takes one day longer.

I've been really happy with this diet, the losses aren't massive but it allows you to eat whatever you like on UDs so it fits in with social and family events. It is really good for your health, I've been fitter and more energetic doing this than I have for ages. And when you go into maintenance it is simply a case of upping the DDs a bit, so no big changes or risk of putting it all back on.

The main down side is fluctuations, you will go up as well as down, try not to place too much faith in daily weight but look at the overall picture. Everyone seems to hit plateaus at some point, they do end eventually and tweaking the diet a bit may help. There is a big temptation to binge on UDs simply because you can, so I try to be sensible and have one treat not four.

The amount you can expect to lose depends on how much you eat on UDs and what percentage you pick for DDs, but taking the example of a 2000 calorie UD and a 25% DD where you do DDs Mon Wed and Fri like I do then you'd expect maybe 1.5lbs loss a week. Bearing in mind that you are dieting less than half of the time this is not bad.

Back