Juicing

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Hi there I rejoined WW after being ill for the last 2 years and putting the 5 stone I lost back on. Fortunately I have managed to lose 2 stone so far but need some motivation so joined weightwatchers today.

Now I have been juicing fruit and veg for around 2 months now and feel so much better for having so many good nutrients and don't want to give it up, as I have managed the whole winter without even a sniffle of a cold despite DH having a really bad cold and breathing germs all over me.

Question is, I know that if you juice fruit because you are not eating the whole fruit you should point it. Today I have put in all the ingredients to one of my juices and it doesn't give me any points on the tracker, so how do I go about pointing it? Thank you.

As far as I know with ww you don't point it its still free depending on the veg you're using but with the sw diet it is syned. So no need for points x

Hm, I'm not 100% sure, I might email WW and check if I were you - I don't think there's a rule that says fresh juices are free. Carrot juice has 1 point per 100ml for example, even though carrots are free. And V8 veg juices have points (admittedly not high) Orange Juice is obviously higher. What fruit and veg are you juicing?

I dont know how to point it but its definitly points as you are not using the whole fruit/veg so not getting some of the nutrients ie fibre etc.

xx

I am not having 100 ml of any particular veg though. I have 1 carrot, 1 inch cucumber, slice of lemon, 1 inch of brocolli and 2 apples, 1/2 inch ginger. For my smoothie yesterday had 1 mango and a handful of strawberries. My juices are lots of small amounts of veg.

I am not having 100 ml of any particular veg though. I have 1 carrot, 1 inch cucumber, slice of lemon, 1 inch of brocolli and 2 apples, 1/2 inch ginger. For my smoothie yesterday had 1 mango and a handful of strawberries. My juices are lots of small amounts of veg.

Which is why I suggested you contacted WW rather than us guess how you should point your juices? :) Maybe you should measure your yield per unit - apple/carrot/etc and point them that way - alternatively you could look at how premium smoothies are pointed (pret, for example, just use fruit in their smoothies if I recall correctly, and those are pointed fairly highly)
It's up to you though - would imagine ginger, cucumber and broccoli fairly negligible

Good luck! :)

Sorry, I was only passing the info as what my leader told me, I juice fresh fruit but as I don't add milk only fat free yogurt she told me to just point the fruit but if there's are saying its not free or may have little points then maybe you might want to check x

Weightwatchers say that smoothies are fine as you are having the whole fruit so they fill you up more so you don't need to point them, except of course if you add milk or yoghurt. Fruit juice is supposed to be pointed as it is just the juice. My problem is when I add the small amounts of each juice I have into my calculator, I don't have enough of each juice for it to register points. They also say that juices bought in the shop, even if they are 100% natural juice only, the pasturising of these juices change the composition and make the points different.

Guess if I lose weight I can carry on with them, if my weightless steals I know what to cut out..

Thank you for your help everyone.

Maybe if your adding a little juice point it over 2 or 3 days for example if you use 10ml a day count it over 3 days so point 30 ml and take it away from your 3rd day of points or even it's really not much don't count it at all if you're doing well x

Really pleased as lost 3 lb this week. Juicing isn't making a difference to my weightless this week so will carry on with them for now.

Back