Just A Thought

samthompson17

Those who have done is diet previously and reached their goal or have lost tons could prob answer this question better.

I was watching a prog on channel 5 about bodies gone wrong in surgery and this woman lost loads of weight due to a band. Even though she lost it in a different way than us it still got me worried as we lose about the same as those with a band Think she lost about 8 stone maybe more but she could not fit into the stuff she wanted due to excess skin. I swear my heart broke for her. I don't want to exercise on this diet not due to being lazy but because of the muscle toning which adds bulk and could compromise the scale loss. Once I'm maybe 3/4 through I will up my exercise but at the moment I do 60 mins of walking a day due to my daughters school being a fair trip away. Got a driving test soon so hoping that will change. The weather has not been nice. So the way I see it I do enough exercise. I have noticed that when I don't do that 60 mins at the weekend I lose more weight then lol. Have also ordered a toning belt for when the time comes I need to use it. Never cost me anything I had a gift voucher ?

So my question to you is. Has excess skin ever been a problem and how to battle it. I also would like to hear those of you who has lost a fair amount of weight and has not had the excess skin to. Just so I know the odds of me getting it and if I do get it how to deal with it. Thanks guys.

I have previously gone from size 24 to size 6/8 - lost about 11 stone with hardly any exercise (apart from regular long walks). The excess skin was minimal. It really depends on how big you are to begin with. I know a lady on these forums - she's lost 200 lb or so (along with a lot of exercise - she's now a personal trainer!), but her excess skin was very bad and she had to have surgery to remove it. We are both approximately the same age (mid-20's).

It really depends on your genetics, how responsive your skin is to such pressures. Don't worry about it for now and don't let it stop you from doing the things you want to do. I know it can be a scary thought, but it's not the end of the world when assessing the pro's of being that little bit more agile, more fit and feeling more slim. :)

I hope this helps. x

P.S. the lady I was speaking of is: http://www.minimins.com/members/13687-tiitanium.html

Last edited:
Saggy/excess skin has been a big worry of mine too, especially after watching "embarrassing fat bodies"!!

Thanks very much for your reply and your weight loss is amazing. I have been 7.6st before due to a illness and I never had saggy skin so I'm hoping it won't be the case this time. I guess I should not worry until I get there I suppose. I've had a child so I know I'm going to be left with that pooch women get but I'm hoping that will be it. It's not like I'm going to be wearing tank tops. Just wanna look good in a dress lol

I was worried about this also so did some research into it, basically everyone is different and some people have more elastic skin than others, its just luck of the draw really? You also mention that you dont want to do excercise at this stage, I would say that you need to lots and lots of work in order to just put on a 1lb of muscle, you would need to be doing weights in the gym regularly for the muscle mass to make a noticeable difference on the scales. Also remember that if you work out your body has to burn more calories both during the workout and then for a long time after as your body repairs your muscles. You dont need to exercise to lose weight on this diet but dont be afraid to, just drink LOTS of water.

Back