Just another wee Newbie

dani_doot

Hi there, my names Danielle. (this is a long one, sorry :eek:)

Im 5.8ft and did weigh 11st 12lbs. I was just over my BMI and i did not feel very happy with my body, so i decided to try and lose weight.

the problem is, i cant do anything to drastic where as exercise is concerned, as i had brain surgery in January 2008. (which is why i put the weight on).

I started my healthy eating plan 3weeks ago and i am down to 11stone 2lbs so far.

To maintain my weight i need to consume 1800 cals a day. So to lose at a steady rate ive cut my calorie intake to 1200 a day. Originally i had cut out my starchy Carbohydrate intake completley, but i felt so tired and realised my weight will only get down to a certain number then ill hit a plateu if i carry on like that, so i now am following the diabetic carbohydrate exchanges, which is working out very well.

I also have just basically cut out all the rubbish food i ate before (chocolate,crisps, beer) etc, and i have started a food diary, which is the best thing i have done, because everytime i go to pick up something unhealthy to eat, i remember about my diary, and how embarrased i would be to enter that bad food in it, as ive done so well.

Anyways, sorry for the long one, just wanted to explain my story, and see if anyone else agrees in how im doing my plan?

Danielle xxxx:)

Welcome to Minimins, look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Good luck in your weight loss hun

Back