Extra Easy Just been to my very first group!

busybee123

I gotta say I was taken back by all the clapping!!

Well I've done sw at home on my own on and off but felt I needed to attend meetings, the consultant said the green / red is old fashioned and I should start doing EE.

Is this right, do most people do it this way? I was quite happy doing mostly green and the odd ee day.

Thanks.

Do what suits you best. I only do green days as I don't eat meat and very rarely eat fish. SW tend to push EE above all the other plans, much to the annoyance of those of us who prefer the 'old fashioned' way!!

Get used to EE and then give red/green a go in a few weeks once you've settled into it - then you're giving all plans a fair chance :)

I would say that is fair, but yes it really annoys me the way S W are actually dissing two out of three of their own plans. Old fashioned or not, (matter of opinion) they do work and the actual beauty of S W is that there are three plans to chose from, not one. Do what you think suits you best. I myself only do red and green, and have got to target and stayed at target for 17 months on these other two plans, so they do work. And a big welcome to this site, you will do well if you stick to the plan (whichever you chose) :)

I think they recommend EE because it is a bit easier to stick to so more likely to lead to long term success, however as others have said you have to do what makes sense to you. Many people use EE as their default and red days as a boost if things slow down. Green days seem easier for vegetarians to manage. I think a mix of all of them is best for me as for some reason my body loses weight faster if I keep changing what I eat and don't let it get too complacent :)

That's great, thanks for all your advice, I will give it a good go, I may swap between the three.

Its great not being hungry like on ww!! X

Extra Easy is a lot more flexible than Red or Green, but it's easy to confuse new members if you're trying to explain 3 plans; and they will do better if everything is kept simple. I check if anyone is vegetarian. If there is, I explain the Green plan as well as EE, if not, I stick with EE and say if at a later date, they wanted to try the other plans, I would be happy to explain them. SW isn't dissing Original or Green - they have their own booklet! It's completely up to you to try the plan you want:)

Back