Just bought some self help books has anyone read them?

Pixie

Silver Member
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating
Gillian Riley

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Take It Off and Keep It Off: Based on the Successful Methods of Overeaters Anonymous"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]They looked good but wondered if anyone has read them already?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thanks. x

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I haven't but have now ordered the gillian riley one through amazon, as the reviews are excellent!
kate

Yeah Kate thats why I bought it, sounds almost too good to be true!...Im sure Ive seen her quoted on the DVDs that LL use too...

I've actually bought a huge list of books :D

Beyond Chocolate: How to Stop Yo-yo Dieting and Lose Weight for Good"
Sophie Boss

"Thin Secrets: How to Be Slim Without Dieting"
Lizzie Kingsley

"Fat, So?"
Susannah Jowitt

'Supermodel Secrets: Simple strategies for Staying Slim from the World's top Models'
Victoria Nixon

'Fat Girl Slim'
Ruth Nixon

When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But)"
Anne Lamott

"The Makeover Book: Simple Ideas for Effortless Style"
Jacqui Ripley :p

"Celebrity Style Secrets: An Insider's Guide to Looking A-list"
Jacqui Ripley :rolleyes:

If nothing else all tht reading matter will keep me from the fridge
I am just about to post something, something I hope you may have an idea about, in your professional capacity
fingers crossed
kate

Right.. up for some spending now.. thanks for the idea!!! tee hee hee!

OMG.. just went to Amazon..there are SO MANY!!!! A new addiction for me.. yay!!!!!

:ignore: OOOPS!

Didn't mean to encourage naughty shopping! :p
Just the fact that theres so many books on the subject makes me feel more normal!:D

I have been in a reading mood as well and ordered some books that have been coming in all week in drips and drabs.

"What Do You Say After You Say Hello?
by Eric Berne, M.D. ( I don't intend lending this one:D )

Games People Play
by Eric Berne M.D.

Counselling For Toads

By Robert de Board.

Scripts People Live

By Claude Steiner

Why Men Never Remember and Women Never Forget

By Marianne J. Legato

Also re- reading Dr. Phil The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom.

I have been in a reading mood as well and ordered some books that have been coming in all week in drips and drabs.

"What Do You Say After You Say Hello?
by Eric Berne, M.D. ( I don't intend lending this one:D )

Games People Play
by Eric Berne M.D.

Counselling For Toads

By Robert de Board.

Scripts People Live

By Claude Steiner

Why Men Never Remember and Women Never Forget

By Marianne J. Legato

Also re- reading Dr. Phil The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom.
:eek: You must have spent a fortune Mini!

Thanks for advice, just ordered Gillian Riley one from Amazon, as reviews were so great! I need a bit extra to keep me going between the weekly sessions!

:eek: You must have spent a fortune Mini!

Only one of them was new:)

All second hand and they are in perfect condition and only one looks like it was slightly used.

Don't think I will ever buy brand new again if I can avoid it.

I have saved about two thirds on what the same books would of cost me brand new here.

So I am very happy :D

Love Mini xxx

Hi Pixie - I've read Gillian Riley's book some years back and recently re-read it last week, to help me stay on course (I'm on CD so don't have the benefit of the councilling sessions that you get with LL). I found her method very beneficially when I use it; it is different from the other books which use the 'eat when hungry and stop when full' method so it may not be for everyone. I also attended one of her courses last March which was excellent as it gets you thinking about why you want to stop overeating (apart from the obvious reason of losing weight which is what we tend to focus on).
Would be very interested in what you think about the book.
She also has a short version of the book called Beating Overeating - The Lazy person's guide!

God I hope the book is good Sez or Ill get shot! :eek:
Mini u little bargain hunter! where'dya find them?
Choc, where was the course and have you got any details?
Glad to know you thought it was good!

Pixie,

I wont shoot you honest!! Actually, I am glad you mentioned it, as I needed something to add to a book order I wanted to place for my sons 13th B/D, just to get free P&P!! (I just sooooo mean!!)

Looking fwd to reading it, will let you know!

Happy Dieting!

(off to do some gardening now as sun is bright and rain due tomo!!)

Hi Pixie, I got the Eating Less book out of the library and have read the first few chapters - it's absolutely brilliant and I think it complements the LL stuff. I can see I'll have to buy it as I think I'll be re-reading it for a while - there's so much to think about. As I read I'm saying to myself, "Yes, yes, that's exactly it!" I'm really excited to have found this book - thanks for pointing me towards it!

Hi Pixie, I got the Eating Less book out of the library and have read the first few chapters - it's absolutely brilliant and I think it complements the LL stuff. I can see I'll have to buy it as I think I'll be re-reading it for a while - there's so much to think about. As I read I'm saying to myself, "Yes, yes, that's exactly it!" I'm really excited to have found this book - thanks for pointing me towards it!
Cool!
I started reading it but have had a flu type thing and just been soo tired now I cant keep my eyes open when I get home!
Looking forward to getting through it now :D

Hello lovelies,

I dont know if anyone has ever read it, but 'Confessions of a Reformed Dieter' is a fab book - it is a true story by an aussie woman and i think her life changes are totally inspirational. Very easy to read - and really honest - i think it is a must!

xxx

I've been after the gillian riley book for a couple of years. Scoured the local shops and libraries to no avail and don't want to order it off Amazon as I don't really want the family to see I've bought it and they are bound to open the box when it came. A touch embarrased about the subject.:eek:

I asked about it on here once, but nobody had read it.

I was just looking at this Eating Less: Say goodbye to overeating: sample chapter: introduction

It's so 'in line' with what I'm doing and my thought processes. Would love to read the whole thing.

I'll find a way :D Just wish it was in our local shops so I could sneak it in :D

I've heard her quitting smoking one is fab too BTW

Hi Karion Dieting,

I have this book too, and it's probably one of the best I've read.

Why don't you pop into your local WH Smiths with the details and ask them to order it in for you?

xx

Back