Just cant do it.. :(

Blonn-de

Felt I had to come on here to rant.. WI tonight, not confident at all, cant get my head round SW.. Im fine Tuesday to Thursday, some Fridays but once Sat and Sunday come, thats me done.. this can sometimes lead into Monday and then its WI day again, the weeks are flying, Im in SW since Sept and Ive only managed to lose 4lbs since then. I lost a stone and a half with Weight Watchers 2 years ago and have maintained my weight but now I want to lose that bit more (another stone) but I just cant do it, Im great and all motivated after the slimming world class but then Friday thats it.. can anyone give me any advice as to what I can do.. I really want to lose the weight but I just find different things and occasions get in the way of me getting to my goal.. Xmas is fast approaching and with one more WI, I really dont know what to do.. I also have another Xmas party on Friday.. PLEASE HELP!!!! :break_diet:

right - you clearly are finding it tough - but you are in the right place for good advice (i am sure someone will post something useful after my ramblings!)

You need to try to plan your weeks better - what makes you go off plan on the weekends?

I tend to go wrong when i dont have enough yummy free foods around for the weekend. A mouldy lettuce and cherry tomatoes??? bore off!!! A yummy syn free burger topped with cheese and some SW chips - yes please!!!!

Dont give up - SW does work, you just need to be in the right place to make it work for you.

Also - to make matters worse, Xmas is one of the HARDEST times to keep on plan I think.

xx

Don't know if this will help - I am still thinking about it myself.

Someone at our class was asked the other day how she kept motivated (she has lost loads of weight, never had a gain all the time she has been at SW) and she said - "I don't. I don't think about it, don't worry about motivation, don't get my head around it, I just do it. I see it as a job to do, like the ironing, or a difficult task at work - don't want to do it particularly, but it has to be done, so I just get on with it."

Well, it works for her. Like I said, I am still thinking about whether it would work for me. But there it is, for what it is worth.

oh and keep a food diary online? I still do my food diary EVERY day and i have been doing SW for over 2 years.

x

^^ What EB said. After losing 3 stones and more or less maintaining for a year and a half, I decided I wanted to lose another few pounds. So I joined one of the challenges on here leading up to Christmas, setting myself a goal of 9lbs to lose before Christmas and this has really focussed me again.

Since starting the challenge I have lost 5.5 lbs with 3.5 to go and achieved my Bronze and Silver body magic awards.

Like EB, I keep a food diary (not on here, on my 'puter), plus an exercise log as I find writing it down really helps me to keep track (and stops me having too many HEXs by mistake!).

It sounds like you're half way there, you just need to focus. Why not look for a team to join in the Teams section? It's so much easier than going it alone.

I agree with Ellebear, I think if you plan in advance it helps immensely. Decide what youre having for tea Fri, Sat, Sun Mon - make it something NICE and INTERESTING that you WANT to eat, not stupid diet-food - get everything in and there it is. Make an event out of it, something to look forward to! And dont keep crap in the house, if its not there you cant eat it...

I do agree a bit with Anne too though, in some ways its just a task that needs doing. I do eat boring stuff too to just 'get it out of the way', whether its salad or veg or whatever, cos I know when Ive eaten the healthy stuff Ive got the still-healthy-but-also-really-tasty-stuff to look forward to, but the healthy stuff fills me up already so I dont want to totally pig out on the tasty stuff.

I dunno if that makes sense? :rolleyes: :D

If you find that the meetings motivate you (but you still want to keep your usual WI day and group) could you find an additional Saturday morning/Friday evening group that you could visit? Maybe it would help to talk over weekend coping strategies with your group?

It makes perfect sense Ermintrude.

Somebody in our Group tonight said she's stopped worrying about it a few weeks ago as she felt she was trying too hard. Quite a few people who have been going to SW for a while agreed with her. She'd already lost 3.5 stone but her weight started really yo-yoing. She's tried red days, green days and EE.

Earlier she said she's just sticking to EE and gets on with life, which is easy as she is so busy at this time of year. It's since then she's had 3 consecutive losses and of course is ecstatic.

It's been proven for years that SW does work. It's important not to get bored though and eating salad when it's minus 2 is not fun. There's so many recipes on here that you could make something different every day of the week and still not repeat the same meal... (working through them as we speak! :drool: )

What great advice, thank u all so much, all advice taken on board.. Back from my WI and lost half a pound! They all add up! Only 2 and a half pounds till my half stone.. Wud love to do it for next Tuesday!!!!! Really gonna try my very best!!!! Thanks everyone for all the advice, got the new magazine as well, loads of lovely ideas x

AnnaFaraday said:
Don't know if this will help - I am still thinking about it myself.

Someone at our class was asked the other day how she kept motivated (she has lost loads of weight, never had a gain all the time she has been at SW) and she said - "I don't. I don't think about it, don't worry about motivation, don't get my head around it, I just do it. I see it as a job to do, like the ironing, or a difficult task at work - don't want to do it particularly, but it has to be done, so I just get on with it."

Well, it works for her. Like I said, I am still thinking about whether it would work for me. But there it is, for what it is worth.

That's me! I am the same, very single minded,on plan that's it. There's good food and there's bad food. I've just made Mr cheese on white bread toast, all the time in my head I'm shouting "bad" and I have my 4 ryvita and cheese spread,which I do actually love. Weekends you need to plan take a way like meals which ate Sw friendly, then you'll feel treated at weekends. It's keeping it from being boring that keeps you on plan x

Weekends you need to plan take a way like meals which are Sw friendly

Why not try chicken fried rice? It's one of my favourite SW meals and really easy to make :)

You will need...

Chicken,
Rice,
Garlic,
Soy sauce,
Veg of choice (I use the oriental veg mix from asda with added mushroom and onion),
Frylight.

Start boiling your rice in a pan with a little pinch of salt. Let it boil until the rice is nearly cooked, take off the heat and drain the water in a seive. Then blast the rice through with cold water.

Frylight a wok and let the wok heat up. Cook off your veg and chicken and add garlic. Once the veg and chicken are cooked, spray with frylight again and add the rice gradually. Once you have added all the rice you want, add a splash of soy sauce and then fry off until the rice is warm again.

LOVVEEERRRLY :)

aw thanks everyone for all the support and food ideas! cant wait to try that rice, it sounds just yummmmy!!!

A lot of the best advice has already been given, so I don't really have a lot to offer.

I just wanted to give you a big hug :bighug: and tell you that you can do this!! Believe in yourself and in the plan, and you'll have that stone shifted in no time.

xx

Just to second what Stevie said, you most def can do this, believe me if I can do it, anyone can. I actually view the plan a bit like 'work'. Don't get me wrong, I love it, in fact I enjoy what I'm eating and I'm far far happier in myself when on plan because I need that element of control to what I put in my gob lol but when I'm on plan, I just focus on it and stick to it.

I find weekends hardest too. That's why my weigh day always used to be Thursday and is now Friday. I use my syns weekly so I have a few drinks etc on the weekend, in fact I use almost all my syns on the weekend, tend to show a gain on Monday/Tuesday and by Friday it's a loss.

Youre sticking to it ok in the week, so it's just finding a way through the weekend. I'm assuming you go to group? If not I'd suggest change your weigh day, allow your syns for the weekend and make tweaks where you can to make slightly better choices, then stick to plan the rest of the week.

I have felt the same and literally juat FORCED myself to stay on plan. After a few weeks the sense of accomplushment was just too good to give up! Take each day at a time and feel the pride when you stick to plan

Back