Just chewed something for the first time in 4 1/2 wks!

LilyG

I didn't cheat! I was getting a wee bit bored today so I tried something different with my choc shake and made it into a muffin, it didnt taste overly sweet but was so nice to sit with a plate and eat my lil muffin!

Ah feel happy now!

Just in case you wanted to know what I did....

1 sachet mixed into a dough consistancy- not too thick that spoon stands in though, crush 2 tablet sweetners and micro for aprox 90 seconds.:D:D

sounds nice;)

I just did it....having a really down day and was seriously considering falling off the wagon and eating something but this has done the trick. Not sure i would eat it every day but certainly helped today.
Thanks xx

hmmm sounds nice, think I may try tomorrow..... another idea for flavouring could be a choc mint muffin made with a small amount of peppermint tea instead of water x

Yeh I'm the same, it was more like a dumpling really lol! ..but was a nice change.

Been feeling down for a couple days but feel much happier now, so that will be classed as my treat now and then!

Oooo that sounds nice Cathy!

Doesn't microwaving them destroy all the Vitamins
in them tho, which is very important?

A very occasional treat I'd guess.

Maybe, same as making crisps with the soup.... so very very nice but only do occasionally and drink extra water to compensate that thats not gone into the mixture

It's not really a good idea to mess about with the LT formulas like that. As Big Biker says microwaving will destroy the essential vitamins and minerals. Also part of LT is getting away from flavours and textures like muffins. I know it can be hard to stick to but the results are SO worth while.
If you really need to chew, persevere with the flapjacks. I found them very salty (and fairly unpleasant) at first but I can taste sweetness and honey in them now and quite look forward to them for a change from shakes or mousse.

Good luck

Jon
xx

Honestly Jon, it was my diet-saver last night. If I had not have had that I really may have eaten. I knew all about the vitamin depliation but the other option was much worse!! The past 4 and a half weeks I have stuck to the diet pretty much to the letter (i did have a spate of missing a shake) so this was a hurdle I had to jump.
Thanks for your advice tho xxx

Don't mean to nag, and I'm sure it's better than ruining the diet. Hope you're feeling stronger now

Jon
xx

Thanks John, I was the same as Emmievic I couldnt cope but I feel really happy now and back on track. I have no intention of eating muffins when I am at goal I just needed an alternative.

Really appreciate the advise tho.

x

Im with Jon.
Although it may have been a diet savour last night it really isn't a good idea.

Microwaving them destroys all the nutrients and vitamins you need for the day - its almost like missing a shake.

Just dont make a habit of it! :)

hun u should be proud u did what u could not to fall off the wagon xxx

I didn't think you were nagging at all, just explaining myself!

Today has actually been worse, must be just a bad couple of days...I have been good today even so xxx

Hang in there - you WILL get through it. I was SO bad tempered and moody in weeks3/4. I think that the novelty has worn off, losses aren't as spectacular as they were and its boring! Don't worry though. In a few days it will become a normal way to live and you will stop thinking about food. Eating will be something that, for now, other people do but not us.
Once you get through this bit you'll feel fantastic - fitter, healthier, more energetic and you'll look fab!

All the best

Jon
xx

Back