Just joined minimins and determined to do this.....

A couple of years ago I lost 1 1/2 stone with Slimming world.

Over 2 years I have managed to slip back to cooking with cream, olive oil, losts of parmasan etc - ignoring Slimming World :cry:

I'm so annoyed with myself - I always cook all meals from scratch (no jars etc) so I found aside from planning and having to always think ahead - losing weight the Slimming World way, great.

I finally plucked up the courage to step on the scales after xmas :eek: I was the heaviest I have EVER been - 12 stone.

So out came the slimming world books! I have lost 7lb so far and am soooo dertermined.

We are going to Florida in May. The other weekend we were all looking at pics of the last time we went (back in the days when I didn't own scales, was always slim and never thought about what I ate.) My hubby without thinking said "wow, look how slim you are there" I want to look like that again :sigh:

Anyways, ramble over! Hi all :newbie:

Hi!
Welcome :)
My OH is exactly the same, says things like that and doesn't think twice about it. I used to get really upset but figure when i am where i want to be and he can no longer make those kind of comments i will be so impressed with myself! I know he doesn't mean it nastily and i'm sure your OH doesn't too - They just dont think do they!
All the best with the plan and woop woop on your loss already!!

hi, welcome to the board, and good luck:D

I've just joined today too! Following slimming world at home!

Good luck! x

Well done on your loss and welcome! :)

Hi everybody. I've been nipping in and out of the site for a while but I haven't really followed the diet. I have had 3 babies in 2 1/2 years, but I wish I had followed it while pregnant now! but you're right excellent site, full of encouragement and advice. My OH said a similar thing to me the other day, said "oh I really fancied you then" when we were looking at old photos. Grrrr men lol

What days are you all w/i? Maybe us newbies could give each other a bit of extra support?

I have been weighing on Tuesdays if you fancy joining me?

Although had a night out tonight - an over due girls curry night - Ekkk!
I did look up what was best to eat syn wise and fortunatley for me it was Dansak :) And I always have boiled rice!
Oh well - I am generally syn free ordinarly.

Will be super good this weekend - finger's crossed for Tuesday.....

Hi everybody. I've been nipping in and out of the site for a while but I haven't really followed the diet. I have had 3 babies in 2 1/2 years, but I wish I had followed it while pregnant now! but you're right excellent site, full of encouragement and advice. My OH said a similar thing to me the other day, said "oh I really fancied you then" when we were looking at old photos. Grrrr men lol

Arrrhh bloody men - they really have an inability to engage the brain before speaking eh!

We will get there - because we want to ladies :)

Another newbie here - second week in and a renewed sense of optimism, having found this site! I would say fingers crossed for us all, but slimming is not about luck-it's about making the right decisions-and we are all going to be doing that from now on aren't we?! To being slim and sexy *raises glass (fizzy water of course)*

Oh I love dansak. I've got the lurgy and could eat a curry . Have a good weekend ladies and hope we all have a good weight loss. Look forward to hearing how you have all done. xx :)

Hi Enroutetoskinnyme. I know that problem. Lost with SW 3st years ago and fell back into way of cooking that I grew up with (and created my weight problem in the first place) with lots of cream, self-made sauces, baking etc. Good Luck! Am sure this time we'll manage!

Back