Just joined up for 12 weeks...

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Which takes me nicely up to the week before my 38th birthday in June.

I'm going to keep my food diary here and I'll be reading yours to get some inspiration. I've already thrown the ready meal I was going to have for lunch back in the freezer as I didn't think it was worth 11 points, and recoiled in horror at the mugshot which is six points (eek) so need to think about what to have for lunch. I need to start learning about filling foods.

14st 10lbs this morning (ARRGGHHHH) and my first goal is to lose 10% and get to just below 14st. Ideally want to shift three stones though.

Day 1 of 84

(will update this throughout the day)

09.10am - 205g tin of baked beans and sausages = 5pp

Lunch - Egg and tomato salad with mayonnaise = 7pp

snacks - punnet of fruit = 0pp and sweet chilli sun bites = 4pp

Evening meal = chicken breast, carrot & swede Mash, Creamed greens, yorkshire puddings x 2 in a creamy mushroom chicken tonight sauce = 15pp

drinks: 1 can of pepsi max

Exercise:

Daily points: 31/31
Weekly points: 0/49

Last edited:
Day 2 of 84

(will update this throughout the day)

Breakfast - 205g tin of baked beans and sausages = 5pp

Lunch - Egg and tomato salad with mayonnaise = 7pp

snacks - sweet chilli sun bites = 4pp // mango = 0pp // apple = 0 points // lemon pancake = 6pp

Evening meal = large sushi = 10pp

drinks: 1 cup of tea, 2 cans pepsi max (must drink more)

Exercise:

Daily points: 32/31
Weekly points: 1/49

Last edited:
Day 3 of 84

Breakfast - 454g fruit punnet = 0pp

Lunch - Quarter of a pack of sweet chilli chicken wings = 9pp // babybel light = 1pp / salad = 0pp / mayonnaise = 2pp //

snacks - quavers = 2pp // banana x 2 = 0pp // Apple = 0pp / satsuma x 2 // lemon pancake = 6pp / hot chocolate = 3pp

Evening meal = stuffed peppers = 8pp // salad //

drinks: not enough

Exercise:

Last edited:
Day 4/84

Breakfast - 2 x shredded wheat, 150mls semi-skimmed milk = 6pp

Lunch - Kershaw's 'all day breakfast' ready meal = 11 points

snacks - quavers = 2pp // banana = 0pp // Apple = 0pp / satsuma x 2 = 0pp // mango punnet // Lemon pancake = 6pp // slimfast BBQ crisps = 3 points

Afternoon snack = pot of houmous = 3pp / carrots

Evening meal =- 2 slices prawn toast = 10pp, fried rice = 6pp, chinese chicken curry = 13pp, 2 brioche rolls = 7pp

drinks: 1 litre bottle of water, 1 can of pepsi max

Exercise:

Weekly points: 37/49

A bit of a fail, but not too much as I had my weeklies to fall back on. However I was really hungry yesterday. I'm kind of feeling that this diet is all about fruit, veg and salad and 'real' food actually costs a lot in points. Unless I have a planned night out I think I'm going to divvy up my weeklies to add onto my dailies.

Next door neighbour sent around some leftovers of their evening meal for me. She said it was healthy but now I've pointed it up I'm not so sure hah hah. Obviously I can't guarantee how much it weighed, for example, I 'used' a 400g portion of chinese chicken curry from a supermarket and I'm certain her portion didn't weigh that much, and I used a half portion of uncle Ben's fried rice, but she would have fried hers in oil. The prawn toast was a full slice of toast cut into two.

So I've got 12 weeklies to use over the next three days.

Oh, and I haven't been doing any exercise as I have had to take the car to work each day this week as I changed my hours as a colleague was off, but next week it's back to normal which means I will be walking a mile to work, and then back again in the evening.

Last edited:
Day 5/84 - my first weekend. No plans to go out though so should just be a normal day but a bit more trying as I'm in the house for longer periods of time and I do tend to waver towards boredom eating.

Breakfast - 2 Golden Syrup weetabix = 4pp, 150ml semi-skimmed milk = 2pp

Lunch - Quarter of a pack of chicken wings = 9pp, babybel = 1pp, mayonnaise = 2pp, salad

snacks - Banana, 1 scoop Ben & Jerry's ice-cream = 3pp, lemon pancake = 6pp

Evening meal = 100g lamb = 5pp, veg, yorkshire puddings x 3 = 3pp, gravy = 1pp

drinks:

Exercise:

Weekly points: 42/49

Last edited:
Looks like your doin great with your points

I agree seems to be fruit and salads, protein or treats cost points!!

Have a good weekend x

Thanks for the reply Rebekah. I even agree with the protein bit. I bought a pack of chicken wings from Asda midweek and was amazed (and distraught) to see a quarter of a pack was 9pp. When I divvied the pack up, a quarter was only 4 wings. In my pre-weightwatchers days I would demolish an entire pack! Oh well, maybe that's why I am the size I am.

I've bought some carrots today to snack on rather than fruit in case I over-do it with the fruit

Last edited:
I'll follow you as we are around the same starting weight. Looks like you are doing well so far!

Hiya! I was about the same weight as you a year ago!! Took some hard times initially to change my routine and keep the willpower but it worked out in the end!

Are you enjoying it so far?

Your doing really well:) x when do you weigh in? X

I shall be weighing in on a Tuesday morning

I'll follow you as we are around the same starting weight. Looks like you are doing well so far!

Thanks, I find it inspiring when people are the same weight as me and end up losing. I hope one day I can be that inspiration (laughs manically)

Are you enjoying it so far?

Well, I wouldn't say 'enjoying' it, eating is my main hobby and I love stuffing my face, so even though I'm eating enough healthy food and treats, I feel like I'm depriving myself of all things nice BUT I am enjoying not feeling sick and bloated and not being ruled by food and not eating just for eating's sake.

Thank you for the messages of support ladies x

Hi just popping in to subscribe! Keep up the good work your doing really well :)

Day 6 of 84

Will do a proper update later, just dashing out of the door.

Breakfast: apple = 0pp, banana = 0pp (not a proper breakfast strictly speaking as I had to go to football with the family early doors, so I just popped them in my handbag

Lunch: 2 x slices warburton's white bread = 3pp, 2 x eggs (scrambled with a teeny amount of milk) and a teeny amount of brown sauce = 5pp

snacks: Skinny rice cake = 2pp (at the gig, I had 3 oreo biscuits = 4pp and some haribo sweets = 7pp - the haribos are estimated)

Evening meal: Tin of beans and sausages = 5pp, 2 slices bread = 3pp

drinks:

Exercise:

Daily points: 29/31 * not sure
Weekly points: 42/49

I'm feeling a bit happier in myself and a new pair of jeans has done it! They are a size 16, straight leg style from Tesco, and I feel so much slimmer in them than I did the slouchy boyfriend style I'd been slopping about in, and felt less fat in them than I do my skinnies. The best tenner I've ever spent. Also, six days of dieting has resulted in a bit less bloat so I don't feel as bad as I did a week ago
:)

Also have loads of points to chomp my way through today. I wont be having any tea as we're off to see The Script this evening and I'm so tightfisted I wont pay arena prices for food so I'll need to fill up before we go.

I'm going to have a go at making some low point Leek and Potato Soup this afternoon, hopefully that'll taste nice and I can take some to work for lunch tomorrow.

EDIT: made the soup and some lying so-and-so told me it was four servings. HAH - four borrowers maybe, not four yo-yo-dieters! I will take the whole thing to work with me tomorrow for lunch. Whole portion was 6pp (five for the sweet potato, and one for the olive oil) but that's not too bad for a biggish portion of soup;

Last edited:
Day 7 of 84

Breakfast: 2 x golden syrup weetabix = 4pp, 150mls semi-skimmed milk = 2pp, banana = 0pp

Lunch: Home-made Leek & Potato soup = 6pp, 2 x slices warburton white bread from a small loaf = 3pp

snacks: 2 x satsuma = 0 points. Pom Bear crisps = 2pp, skinny rice cake = 2pp (not so bloody skinny if they're two points each GRRR)

Evening meal: Mediterranean chicken = 9pp, 200g sweet potato = 5pp
drinks:

Exercise: walk to work & back home (1 mile each way, takes 17-20 minutes depending upon how enthusiastic I am). Bizzarely enough, if I put 37 minutes in, it gives me 2pp, if I put 38 minutes in, it gives me 3....

Weekly points: 44/49
Exercise points: 0/3

The Script were awesome, they are such a good band to watch live (3rd time I have seen them). I felt like a drugs mule last night through smuggling two packets of Haribo and a packet of oreo into the MEN arena stuffed down my bra. I've never been so nervous in my whole life. Luckily they only searched bags.

Woke up this morning to un-forecasted snow! I hate driving in the snow, although saying that the roads look okay, so I will be walking into work. DH has rang in sick as he has an upset tummy so he may pick me up later on if the snow is gone. I drove into work all of last week so didn't earn any exercise points, and I'm undecided whether to eat them or not?

Still have 8 weeklies / exercise points to eat tonight as well to add to my - what a chore!

EDIT: used the 8 points on 4 x skinny rice cakes. They;re really nice, taste like thin snack-a-jacks but with a layer of chocolate on top. So I used all of my weeklies, dailies and exercise points for this first week

Last edited:
You're doing great!

I hate it when it snows unexpectedly. Such an inconvenience.

WEIGH IN DAY

14st 5.5lbs = 4.5lbs loss in week 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 8 of 84

Breakfast: 4 x McVities breakfast biscuits = 6pp, banana = 0pp

Lunch: DIY salad guesstimated at 8pp

snacks: Pom Bear crisps = 2pp, Mango punnet = 0pp, haribo's = 3pp

Evening meal: 2 x scrambled eggs with milk and brown sauce, and 2 x slices warburtons small loaf = 8pp

drinks:

Exercise: 16 minutes. 8 minutes walk from the car to the footy ground, and then back again = 1pp

Daily points: 27/31
Weekly points: 0/49
Exercise points: 0/1

I'm off out to watch a football match today more-or-less straight from work so only a quick, relatively low point evening meal tonight for me. Means I can allow a few more for lunch than normal! I'll just have time to pop to the supermarket after the school run but before I start work. I've completely run out of fruit too.

Last edited:
Day 9 of 84

Breakfast: 2 x Golden Syrup weetabix= 4pp, 150mls semi-skimmed milk = 2pp, banana = 0pp

Lunch: DIY salad guesstimated at 10pp (chucked a bit more of the naughty stuff in than I did the previous day)

snacks: Pom Bear crisps = 2pp, Mango punnet = 0pp, Creme Egg = 5pp, skinny rice cake = 2pp

Evening meal: 2 x scrambled eggs with milk and brown sauce, and 2 x slices warburtons small loaf = 8pp

drinks:

Exercise: nowt

Exercise points: 1/1

Woohoo 10% of the way through right now. Three people have already noticed I have lost some weight which is strange given that I have only lost 4.5lbs. That has given me a boost (not that I needed one) and I'm sailing through the plan at the moment. I do need to make sure I eat all of my dailies though as I didn't manage that yesterday.

Last edited:
Day 10 of 84

Breakfast: 4 x breakfast biscuits = 6pp, banana = 0pp

Lunch: Huge bowl of home-made Leek & Potato Soup = 5pp

snacks: Apple = 0pp, 2 x satsuma = 0pp, Pom bear crisps = 2pp, small punnet of grapes = 0pp, creme egg = 5pp

Evening meal: Bacon butty (4 rashers, 2 slices bread, margarine, brown sauce) = 11pp

drinks:

Exercise: nowt

Exercise points: 1/1

The soup was amazing. A gigantic bowl which kept me full for a whole five hours and I only got peckish once I got home from work. It needs to be a quick tea tonight as I'm off playing taxi for the kids again.

Last edited:
Back