Just joined up for 12 weeks...

Day 11 of 84

Breakfast: Fruit (2 x satsuma, 1 x apple, 1 x banana) = 0pp

Lunch & Dinner: 500g pack of Gnocchi with roasted veg (in olive oil) and home made tomato sauce
Sauce: tin of tomato's (0pp) & 1 veg stock cube (0pp)
Veg: pepper, tomato, red onion, courgette, mushroom (all 0pp), 5tsp olive oil (5pp) sadly guesstimated.
Gnocchi: 19pp (whole recipe = 24 points)

snacks: Pom Bear crisps (2pp), 2 x skinny rice cakes (4pp)

drinks:

Exercise: Got a lift to work, but walked home in the snow (more snow!)

Late night munchies: 1 x boost cake bar = 5pp

Daily points: 31/31
Weekly points: 4/49
Exercise points: 1/1

I made the gnocchi & veg last night as usually on a Friday I am rushing around but thanks to the snow the kids training was cancelled so I needn't have bothered. I was very impressed at how few points the gnocchi was, although I don't think I really needed half a pack per meal as it was extreeeeeeeemely filling.

Last edited:
Mmmmm that sounds amazing! Looks like your doing great

I'm finding the points don't stretch far, thinkin of checking in at a class!

Have a good weekend x

Mmmmm that sounds amazing! Looks like your doing great

I'm finding the points don't stretch far, thinkin of checking in at a class!

Have a good weekend x

I've got it sussed at the moment but I'm well known for falling face first off the wagon into a vat of cake with no prior warning and staying there for weeks on end so I'm taking nowt for granted.

All I seem to be doing differently from my normal diet is
1. Smaller portions
2. 80/20 rule. 80% of snacking is on fruit with the other 20% on naughties (it used to be 100% naughties before)
3. Bigger portions of veg.
4. Eating breakfast (I always would skip this)

I've discovered this week that home made soup is a huge help for saving points for later in the day. Mine has had points in it but vegetable soup would be practically free.

It's also helping that I'm conning myself into believing I'm only having to do this for 84 days (as I have paid upfront for 12 weeks) rather than seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not setting myself any weight targets in that 12 weeks either so no pressure.

Groups don't help me at all, as I am a very quiet person so never contribute to them, and on the other hand I am no good at being talked at so my mind just starts to wander.

Day 12 of 84

Dear Lord. The snowpocalypse is upon us today. It looks more like Alaska out there than the West of Yorkshire. *sings*
I'm dreaming of a white Easter. Just like the ones we erm...never knew!?! *end of sings*. I have to go out hunter gathering for food later but not a cat in hells chance I'll be driving so I'll be earning some exercise points today. I bet the supermarket is quiet.

Breakfast: Cheese on toast (small white bread and 23g red leicester) = 5pp and some grapes

Lunch: Home Made Vegetable soup = 1pp (for the olive oil) and I used leftover carrots, broccolli and leek

snacks: 2 x rice cakes = 4pp / McVities dessert cake bar = 4pp

Evening meal: 125g frying steak = 6pp, mushrooms = 0pp, 1/3rd of a pack of creamy peppercorn sauce mix (1pp) made up with milk = (1pp), 100g oven chips (4pp), portion of onion rings (4pp)

Dessert: WW sticky toffee pudding pot = 4pp

drinks: Hot chocolate = 1pp

Exercise:

Daily points: 31/31
Weekly points: 8/49
Exercise points: 0/0

I've got 45 weeklies left to last three days so I think I'd best get cracking on them (hooray) so I'll hit the treats box tonight.

I didn't walk to the supermarket after all as husband felt the roads were clear once I got onto the main road so I drove. It was okay and I only got stuck once I'd arrived back home and tried to park outside the house durrrrr - anyway - no exercise points :-(

Last edited:
Well done on your fab loss during your first week, here to follow xx

well done your doing well :) subscribing just now :) Ive started a diary on here but not sure folks can see it lol ! xx

Your tracking is incredible, will I ever be able to be so committed? You are giving me hope!

Aw thank you. I find it easier to track on here than I do the tracking app. I'm a freak...

Day 13 of 84

Breakfast: 2 x golden syrup weetabix, 150mls semi-skimmed milk = 6pp

Lunch: 2 x slices of 'crusts away' white bread = 2pp, 2 x eggs scrambled = 4pp, 2 x rashers of bacon = 4pp, dab of brown sauce = 1pp

Dinner: 150g Pork shoulder (8pp) , carrot & swede mash (2pp), 3 x Yorkshire Puddings (3pp) , gravy (1pp)

Snacks: Apple (0pp), quavers (2pp), Dime bar = 4pp, McVities Dessert Bar (4pp), Boost cake bar (4pp), hot chocolate (1pp)

Exercise: Walk to mums & back (10 minutes), paper-round (1hr)

Dailys: 31/31
weeklies: 21/49
Exercisies: 2/2

Still like Narnia 'oop north. I did my eldest son's paper round because I was awake, and it seemed a shame to wake him up when he had a whole day of nothingness stretching ahead of him if he woke up early. Normally it'd take 20 minutes to walk the round but with snow up to my calves and icy roads it took an hour door to door. My legs were killing me from having to lift my feet up so high to step through the snow on the pavements but the roads were just sheets of ice and treacherous to walk on. I'm definitely awarding myself 2 exercise points as I was carrying a heavy bag too!

EDIT: find of the day is that Crusts Away bread (crustless, obviously) is only 1 point per slice (wahoo). Am definitely going to have some weeklies tonight from my treats box.

Last edited:
Day 14 of 84

Breakfast: Slice of birthday cake I KNOW, I KNOW.....(guesstimating at 7pp as it wasn't a massive piece)

Lunch: Garlic sausage & cheese sandwich (made with crusts away) = 13pp

Dinner: Stilton & chive stuffed mushrooms (6pp), 100g oven chips = 4pp

Snacks: Apple x 2 (0pp), satsuma x 2 (0pp), pom bears = 2pp, WW sticky toffee pudding = 4pp

Exercise: Walk to work = 1pp

Dailies: 31/31
Weeklies:27/49
Exercise: 1/1

Snow ruining my life again. Owing to school and childcare I wasn't able to go get anything for my lunch before work so I ended up having to make a sandwich (well, two as the bread was so titchy). And when I got to work I was almost force fed a slice of birthday cake. Luckily it didn't shove me off the wagon, so I just forwent my breakfast. I wasn't hungry though. Walked to work (fairy steps really given it was a mile long sheet of ice) and probably burnt off more than 1 point in sheer nerves. Didn't fall though!

Last edited:
Week 2 weigh in: 14st 3.5lbs = 2lbs loss since last week and 6.5lbs down in total - very pleased.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 15 of 84

Breakfast: 4 x McVities Breakfast Biscuits = 6pp

Lunch: Plain salad with 160g 'chinese style chicken' , a babybel and mayonnaise = 14pp

Snacks: Banana (0pp), grapes (0pp), pom bear (2pp)

Dinner: Chilli con Carne and boiled rice = 13pp

Weeklies: 2/49
Exercise: 2/2

I'm really miffed at how high in points anything protein related on this plan seems to be. I bought a 160g pack of chicken slices yesterday, total cals were 195. Working out that 40 cals is roughly 1pp, I thought perhaps 5 for the whole pack (given that 150g of pork shoulder I had the other day was only 8), so I was gutted AFTER I had made my salad this morning, then pointed it and found it to be 11. I'd never have used the whole pack if I'd have known it would be so high. I guess the moral of the story is to point BEFORE I pack. Even better, point at the supermarket before it gets in my basket. *grumblemuttermutterwhingegrumble*

In tales at the scales 2lbs down on last week which I'm pleased with. (yay me). Lets hope I can keep up the good work. I'm already needing a belt with my newly purchased size 16 jeans

Although the oven heated my tea up last night, when I went to use it to cook the kids tea afterwards it wouldn't get hot. I had to use the grill to do theirs and tried again this morning to see if it got hot but it didn't even reach lukewarm. Hopefully I can get it repaired. The grill is working and the fan part seems to be going round so it must be just a heating element hopefully. BAH why are all of my electrical appliances giving up the ghost?

Last edited:
Day 16 of 84

Starting to get REALLY bored of tracking everything now
:(

Breakfast: 1 x chocolate Brioche Rolls = 4pp,

Lunch: Leftover chilli con carne and rice = 13pp

snacks: 2 x apple, 2 x satsuma = 0pp, pom bears = 2pp, small angel cake = 5pp, small muffin = 5pp

Dinner: 2 x eggs scrambled on 2 x slices crusts away = 8pp

Weeklies 8/49

I'm getting really bored of this snow too! Down it comes again, after the pavements and roads had just become safe enough to walk on without taking fairy steps. I don't think my oven repair man will come today if it carries on snowing. Just miserable enough to want to eat and eat and eat! I'm getting around this by taking the two brioche rolls for my breakfast and they feel quite naughty.

Although on the other hand I'm comfortably back into my size 14 M&S work trousers. I only bought a size 16 three weeks ago too. Yay me

EDIT: someone did some baking and despite me saying 'no' a piece of cake, and then later on a small bun landed on my desk and I just can't resist it, if it's placed right in front of me. Thank heavens for weeklies.

Last edited:
Oh don't give up now ! Well done on getting into a 14 I just bought a size 16 dress as thinspiration lol :) doesn't even look at me just now but I hope it will soon xxx

Day 17 of 84

Didn't have time to be bored today as it was our year end so things at work were mental oriental

Breakfast: 1 X Brioche = 4pp

Lunch: As it was year end, our boss treated the office to Pizza (I had 4 slices), fries (guesstimated at the equivalent of a small McDonalds Portion) and I had a can of full sugar coke = 27pp (ARRGGHHHHHHH). Thank heavens for weeklies. Although I have to admit it was very filling

snacks: Pom bears = 2pp, 2 x mini flapjack bites - 4pp, Miniature twix = 1pp

Dinner: Apple x 2, satsuma = 0pp

Weeklies 13/49

Day 18 of 84

Unfortunately Good Friday was not so good....so I will have to write off that day. It was my own fault because I was just so busy

Breakfast: 2 x golden syrup weetabix, chopped banana and semi-skimmed milk = 6pp

(off to a good start, had this at 8am which is earlier than normal for me for a weekend day breakfast)

Went off and took oldest son for his haircut and did a spot of shopping. We are having a new stairs carpet fitted on Tuesday so I needed to prep the staircase so set about ripping up the existing carpet, sweeping the landing and the stairs, cleaning the woodwork and glossing it. This took us up to 2pm when we had to set off to football. I was completely ravenous so grabbed some cake bars from our 'treat box'

Snacks: 2 x McVities dessert bars = 4pp each (8pp)

We got parked straightaway at football and eldest son said to me that he was starving. I felt bad about this because he hadn't had any breakfast and it would be past 5pm by the time we got home, so we went to McDonalds. Although I wasn't hungry I just didn't have the willpower to say 'No'.

Lunch: McDonalds 'chicken and bacon' wrap = 10pp. That wouldn't have been too bad in itself but I then saw the Mozzarella Dippers were back on the menu so I had those too = 6pp. I did only have 2 out of the 3 though.....

I'm up to 30 out of 31 now. But the walk from the car to McDonalds, to the footy stadium and then back to the car after the game is probably worth at least one point so that's two points plus 36 weeklies left.

Snacks: When I got home from football I had another two of the dessert bars = 8pp

Evening meal: DH had made a chicken korma. Just the curry sauce out of a jar but I estimated my share to be 13pp. I also had boiled rice at 5pp. I had two large lamb samosa = 8pp. I had also bought 20 chicken satay sticks but husband had 6 of these and neither of the kids wanted any so I also scoffed 14 of these! Although WW tracker tells me this was only 6pp which I find a bit dubious but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

More snacks: Of course by now I have got the yo-yo dieter mantra in my head of "I've blown it now, I'll start again tomorrow". So I had two more dessert bars = 8pp. And youngest son had left the remainder of a large bag of doritos within my reach so I scoffed the rest of those too (maybe equivalent of a small bag) say 6pp.

So I had in total available for the day 31pp + 2 exercise points + 36 weeklies = 69pp for the day
And I used 84 for the day so 15 over for the week so far....and there are still 3 full days left of my week.

But I'll try and get back onto the wagon today. The dessert bars are all gone now so they're not there to tempt me....

Day 19 of 84

A bit better today!

Breakfast: Satsuma and a banana (0pp)

Lunch: Scrambled egg on toast = 8pp

Dinner: Gammon (5pp), oven chips (4pp), baked beans (5pp)

Snacks: 130ml Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew-Chew (9pp)

Weeklies: 43675/49
Exercise: what's that?

Day 20 of 84

God I'm so bored already. I know it's a religious day but as I am not religious today is worse than a normal Sunday. No shops and no kids sporting fixtures. When I'm bored my mind just turns to eating and I'm being tortured with thoughts of eating constantly.

I got on the scales today to see how I was doing and was gutted to see I'm 1.5lbs UP on last Tuesday's weigh-in. I'm not taking it as my official weigh in as that is on Tuesday but how can I possibly have put a pound-and-half on? Yes, I'm over on my weekly points but only by 15 (600 calories). I was really good yesterday....I feel that I'm never going to get below fourteen stones.

On the other hand though we went shopping yesterday for a suit for the oldest boy's prom and my reflection in shop windows and mirrors didn't revolt me as much as it normally does. I'm not slim by any means but I didn't think my reflection was that hideous and I could tell I have lost some weight.

Breakfast: scrambled egg on toast (8pp)

Soup: home made carrot, leek and potato soup (2pp), 2 slices crusts away (2pp)

Pub: 2 x full-sugar coke (8pp), packet of salted nuts (9pp)

Dinner: 150g pork shoulder (8pp), mash with milk & butter (5pp), 3 Yorkshire puddings (3pp), gravy (1pp)

Snacks: pom bears (2pp), 3 x coconut cakes (12pp)

Alcohol: 1 x 500ml bottle of kopparberg cider (8pp)

Weeklies: 99/49
Exercise;

Oh dear. It all went tits up again. Too much time with too little to do and then a trip to the pub where I thought "ah, stuff it".

I've never been very good at dieting when I'm not working. Normal weekends aren't too bad as I am usually very busy and have enough to keep me occupied but by yesterday that was three straight days in a row that I'd been off work and I was crawling the walls.

Last edited:
Day 21 of 84.

Thank goodness this is the last day of my third week. I'll be glad to see the back of this one! Got on the scales again today and was still showing 1.5lbs up on last week but after yesterday I should be pleased that it isn't more. I'll do better once I've packed DH off to work again and I'm busying myself for the rest of the week. Maybe when I've got my 'weekly' points back yesterday too I'll feel more psychologically better.

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Ham sandwich

Dinner: Chinese takeaway

Snacks: 2 x packets of space raiders, 150ml ice-cream

EDIT: haven't even counted points today. DH and I deep-cleaned the kitchen today which took hours and hours. Kitchen looked great but I was too shattered to cook so a phone call to the Chinese takeaway it was! I think I need to write this week off!

Last edited:
Day 22 of 84

Weigh in 3: 1.5lbs on. I'm very disappointed with this because I have had three really bad days yet the 1.5lb actually went on before these. I can't understand it. I mean, I know that I've gained the weight although I cannot physically see the pounds so I'm guted about that. But, I've seen from my friends who have made a success of this diet that they don't simply give up going to class when they've had a gain or fallen completely off the wagon, they carry on going. That has been my downfall before that I pack it in at the first sign of a gain.

Total weight loss in 3 weeks = 5lbs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Into week four and I've got my weeklies back. Although I am off work for the rest of the week, DH is back and I tend to eat more when he is around anyway. I woke up last night with a pain in my kidney area and it's frightened me to death because I don't drink enough water so I'm definitely going to aim to update my water intake to eight small plastic cups a day (which is around 250mls in a cup).

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Youngs 'Admirals Pie' ready meal (9pp)

Snacks: space raiders (2pp), 3 x Rocky Road Cake Bars (12pp)

Dinner: Gammon (6pp), carrot/swede mash (1pp), chips (4pp), gravy (1pp)

Naughties: ice cream (say 20?)

Water: 750mls so far

Dailies: 31 /31
Weeklies: 24/49
Exercise: /

Here we go again. This is just turning into a blog of food abuse. Yesterday was a bad day for me. We were having the new carpet fit, but it turned into a disaster. We've got a fancy burglar alarm and while the fitter was here banging loudly on the stairs, the burglar alarm went off and wouldn't stop. It wasn't ringing, the panel was just making a continuous BEE-BOP noise telling me it had been 'tampered with'. So I had to phone the company who fit it who told me there was a £75 call-out fee for them to come out. The fitter didn't accept any responsibility but I told his boss I fully expected them to pay for the burglar alarm company (we have NEVER had any bother with our alarm). However when the burglar alarm company came out he said he couldn't prove it was the fitter, or disprove so there you go - fitters off the hook and I'm £75 worse off. I'm not made of money and £75 is a lot out of my budget so I turned to my old friend food for company. I seriously don't think I'm going to get back on track until I'm back in my work routine and that not gaining back all the weight I have lost this time around is the most I can hope for.

Last edited:
Back again!

Days 23 to 27 were "days off". I simply cannot diet while I am off work.

Back at work again today so plenty to occupy my time. Going to go to the supermarket and get a DIY salad and a lovely fruit punnet for lunch.

My tea is already in the slow cooker so that should be lovely tonight.

New WW magazine purchased so hopefully will get new recipe inspirations from that.

Will update tonight with points values

Breakfast: 4 x McVities breakfast biscuits = 6pp

Snacks: banana, 2 x satsuma

Lunch: Large salad (mostly 'free' items) = 10pp. large fruit punnet = 0pp, pom bears = 3pp

Snack: satsuma

Dinner: free veg, carrot & swede mash (2pp), pork loin steak (5pp), gravy (1pp)

Exercise: walked to work and back

Dailies: 27/31
Weeklies: all gone
Exercise: 0/2

Last edited:
Week 4 weigh in

14st 7lbs.

+ 2lbs since last week. a pathetic 3lbs in 4 weeks.

Really gutted about this. When I re-started my diet yesterday I had a weigh in to see what the damage was and it had only been half a pound on last week (so, 14st 5.5lbs). So I had a really good day yesterday, didn't use all my points and even did some exercise, only to find I have put on 1.5lbs since yesterday. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. It just makes me want to think "sod it" and go to the supermarket and buy all of my favourite things to binge eat today. I know I blew it last week with being off work so I don't mind so much putting on weight following last week but I'm still so disappointed that I gained a whopping two pounds the previous week and wasn't 'so bad'. Makes me wonder whether to bother carrying on.

Then, sods law, I've been invited to a colleague's house for a curry night on Saturday. Why didn't we get invited out anywhere last week when I was officially off my diet? So that'll be all my weeklies gone by Saturday.

Whinge, moan

Back