Just need a rant....

henri156

After being back on plan...losing 2.5lbs this week and going to spin/body attack every day and eating lots of sf I decided to treat myself to a cupcake (15 syns) and milk (healthy extra a). Just as I'd finished my mum turns to my dad and says 'I told you she wouldn't stick at it.' When I tried to explain it was within my syns she went on to say slimming world is a pile of rubbish and ill never lose weight on it!! Now I feel guilty for eating it which I know is ridiculous as it was within syns! :( Just wish she could be more supportive

Oh No :( It's horrible when people around you don't support you!
Just stick at it and when you lose weight, you tell them 'see it can be done...with treats too'
Good luck!

THat is so mean. You have nothing to feel guilty for. SW works BECAUSE you can build treats into your diet and so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. I have lost over 8.5stone without denying myself chocolate, crisps, cake, or anything, I just know to have a small amount and count it it my syns. Ignore her and continue to follow the plan, your weight loss will be enough to show her that she is wrong, you will stick to it and you will lose weight.

Wow! This is pretty harsh! I am sorry you are not being supportive...that sounds quite a destructive attitude! Grit teeth, shoulders back and prove her wrong ;) x

Thank u guys! I know u are all right. I enjoyed the cupcake, was within syns and I felt in control. Just wish she could support me more instead of making me feel like a failure. Lucky my bf is amazing at supporting me :) x

She can't make you feel a failure if you don't let her! Keep telling yourself this - no-one can make you feel anything without your permission. You are in charge. And you know you aren't guilty, so don't feel guilty. YOU aren't the guilty one!

Arghhhh I hate people like that. I think they fail to realise that SW is a healthy eating plan not a diet, so everything in moderation is fine.
I still get it now where if i have a bag of crisps, or a drink or a bit of chocolate people will say you're not allowed that arghhhh it annoys the hell out of me lol!
Well done on your loss so far hun, you are doing great and like the others have said, smile, sit back & keep losing the weight to prove her wrong :) xxx

Thank you everybody :) feel alot better this morning. I think I'm going to stop talking to get about it cause it's getting me down. Another example was during the week had a curly wurly after dinner. She asked me why I had bothered to cook my potatoes with fry light instead of oil to then stuff my face with choc. Again...I tried to explain but she said I was just deluding myself! Ahhh. Just have to prove her wrong now and stick to it lol xx

You know what your doing, she doesn't. If she doesn't want to believe you can be on a diet AND have treats then let her think that, then when you've hit target lets see if she still thinks the same.

I would totally ignore her lack of support you dont need her permission to eat what is ok to on the plan. You are doing really well if if anyone has anything derogatory to say just let it go over your head and prove them wrong!!!!!

Is she a larger lady herself? Sounds to me she is worried/scared you will do well and therefore hopes her put downs will throw u off plan.

Bizarre really ?!??

Glad your fella is supporting u xxx

Sorry for the late reply! My mum is a tiny lady and always have been. I have always been heavier. Recently she has put on about 7lbs (she is still a size 10) and it is bothering her. I think it could be because I am doing something about it. She encourages me to eat junk food and if I have a treat within my syns she comments on it.

Just to say thanks for all the support :) another 2lbs off this week! Have decided not to share this with her and wait til she notices
Xx

That's awful, even if you shouldn't have had it then it would have been a harsh thing to say. But you know it was on plan so don't let her get to you, I wouldn't even try to explain it to her if she has that attitude, just stick to plan, if she says anything again just smile and get on with it, don't try and justify what your eating, you only need to justify that to yourself, she'll soon see a massive difference in your weight and eat her words.

Thank you Donna. Last time I think I got too defensive then cried...not the mature thing to do.Ha I just find my weight so hard to talk about cause I am so unhappy! I think it's because I have said before I want to lose weight and I find it hard but with slimming world is easy for me to stick to and I have been losing. My dad told me he has noticed me lose weight so it's nice he is supportive and people are noticing :)

That's rubbish :-( Don't let it get to you but just keep sticking to the plan to prove them wrong!

Back