Just Recipes!

Hehe i whole heartidly agree with you guys in the chilli but my kids don't appretiate my palet:)

That sounds lovely Jim & ditto on the chilli. We love really hot food :)

Thanks for the recipes and links -- very helpful :)

these recipes are amazing!!! It's a goldmine on here. Thanks everyone x

My yummy blue cheese sauce...hope its not already been done

2oz creamy blue cheese - i use gorgonzola
2oz cream cheese
butter
1-2 tbsp Thick cream

On a low heat melt the butter, add the chopped up blue cheese stirring all the time, when it has started to melt add the cream cheese and cream stir well until all melted and hot.

I pour over veggies or add to a chicken breast and bake in the oven nomnom!

Chicken Cobb Salad

I use...
80g lettuce
5 olives
chickien breast
2 rashers bacon
2 hard boiled eggs
1tbsp mayo

pretty much just chop it all up and mix it with mayo! I like to cook a rasher of bacon extra crispy and sprinkle it over the top

Oooooh, I want to try that blue cheese sauce Wairimu! I hadn't thought of adding butter & cream cheese. With just cream it doesn't taste quite right.

As a quicker alternative to cheeseburger pie:
Add spring onions to a can of corned beef, season, press into a pie dish then put the normal cheesy topping on and bake. This is adapted from a SW recipe from when corned beef was allowed (quite a few years/versions ago I think!)

Lol, My DH used to live on corned beef quiche when I was a SW consultant. I've thought about trying it with full fat cottage cheese, but both the Tescos nearest me are always sold out :(

Nikki's Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse

150ml cream (single or double)
1 tsp Peanut butter (smooth) - carbs vary
2 tbsp Splenda
1 tbsp cocoa powder - carbs vary

Mix all in bowl until mousse textured and enjoy. I like mine a bit thicker so leave it to mox for a bit longer beyond this.

Makes 2 servings and keeps well for a couple of days in teh fridge if you want to make more- about 8 carbs/serving depending on type of peanut butter/cocoa. You can always omit one or the other for just chocolate mousse or PB mousse. Reminds me of a Reeses Peanut Butter cup - yummers!

Made lettuce soup yesterday and tasted ok so though I would post here as a nice quick, simple soup ....

Fry 2 spring onions and garlic (either dry fry or use a little oil)
Add 1 whole lettuce chopped up, I used an iceberg lettuce
Add 500ml stock - came out quite thin so may want to use less
Leave to cook for about 20mins, whizz with a blender and add some cream

Tastes ok - honest! :)

Also makes about 4 servings and about 5g carb per serve x

Last edited:
Actually that does sound nice. I would have to add chilli though, lol

Yup, pretty much. Steve even takes chilli powder to work with him, lol. I'm not that bad!

Back