Just started Slimming World

Judanism

Hello all. I've only just joined Minimins today, and am excited about reading lots of useful information about Slimming World and getting some support on my diet!

Basically, I had a baby in April, and managed to gain very little extra weight during pregnancy (after the birth I was only 5lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy). However, I was already overweight before I got pregnant and since then I've been tired and eating more than I should.

Then my brother announced his engagement last month, with a date for the wedding of next August (2013)... so my aim is to lose a few stone over the next 9 months pre the wedding, and before I start thinking about baby number two!

Thanks for having me here, and I look forward to getting to know you! :)

Good luck on your Weight loss journey hun. :welcome:

Hi Judanism and welcome to minis - lots of help, support and advice to keep you going. If your stuck just shout there is always someone to help

Thanks guys! I don't know what I'm doing with forums really, but gonna get stuck in and start reading! :)

As soon as you comment on someones thread it means you have subscribed - so that when you next log in if another post has been added to that thread you can click on it and read it instead of searching for it and trying to remember where you asked your Q etc. Just remember there are different threads for different things, like if you want to know a syn value, look on the syn value thread as the answer may already be there, rather than starting a new thread to ask again.

It does get easier to use lol, and the more posts you make the more you can add to your profile, like a picture, a signature etc. I think you need at least 50 to be able to do this. I found doing the threads where you change a letter to make another word etc, helped boost my 50 posts.

Dont be scared to ask

That's great, thanks Texty. I only just found the Subscribed Threads button - earlier I was frantically searching through the forums, trying to find the question I'd asked! Ha ha. I'm sure I'll pick it up as I go along.

Seems funny, but the motivation to be thinner has always been pretty high, but the thought of posting it on here and moving my little ticker along adds so much more motivation. Crazy - you'd think the weight loss would be motivation enough! Looking forward to seeing if I can keep going.

You will do it - I use this site more than the SW site now and it keeps me going even on the lowest of days, because we are all on the same journey.

Keep a diary if you think it will help? That way people can see what your having and advise/support if needs be

Great idea, might do that. I think I eat fairly well (at the moment) but I know there will be weeks when I stay the same or put on! Thanks.

Back