Just started

sahalley

Hi All,

I have been on the Atkins diet since November and managed to lose 20 pounds. The diet has become boring and I need a bit of variety and Slimming World seems ideal. The only problem is I need to lose a lot of weight before my wedding in June. Yes I am panicking a bit :sigh: to say the least.

So ..... can anyone tell me what would be the quickest way to lose .. should I stay on Red days (I'm used the this being on Atkins) or vary it a bit and do half and half i.e. red and green ??

Also I need to take lunch into work and don't really want to take in sandwiches. Anyway got any ideas ??

Many thanks
Shirley x

If you want to lose the weight quicly i would suggest to do more red days, but do include your occational green day for variety otherwise you will not stick to it.
Good luck and welcome to the group
Ruthy xxxx

hi and welcome i also tend to stick to red days dont seem to loose as much on green , i maybe have 2 green days a week when im realy sick of meat lol .good luck anyway with your weight loss whichever you choose.

Hi
Regarding lunches (not sandwiches)
Jacket Potato with baked beans and maybe some cheese from allowance
Home made soups
Cous Cous salad - the Ainsley Harriott ones are nice just add, any salad veg
Pasta salad with Tuna, sweetcorn, etc using a little low cal mayo/salad cream as syns
As above with kidney beans, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions etc again use salad cream/mayo as syns.
Hope this helps.
Irene

Mostly like Irene:-

homemade soup & wholemeal roll as (HEB)
salad with 3 Babybel Mini Light (HEA) chopped up into it
hard boiled egg salad

all good for red or green days

Mixed beans (out of a tin) and salad
Cous cous and salad

If at home and able to cook lunch i like omelette

I like Batchelors Pasta n Sauce. I have the chicken and mushroom one and if you make it with water, not milk and butter, its free on a green day. You do need a microwave though!

Just check the syns on some of the other flavours, i think there is one with cheese in it and thats not free!!

I also have greek salad (or a version) mixed sald leaves, cherry toms, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, fat free dressing, 42g feta cheese (Healthy A) and 7 black olives (1 syn). LOVELY!!

lots of lovely ideas thank you very much. Completely forgot about the pasta and sauce. Only problem with that is that when I cook it at home it makes a complete mess of the microwave. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me .. ?

I like the idea of home made soup... I could take it in a flask to work. Now another question (sorry) has anyone got any good recipes for soup ..

Back