Just starting on the journey!

sionnach

Hi there!
Just joined up as I find myself in that ,oh so familiar, state of finally acknowledging that the time has come to admit that I have a serious weight issue, and nows the time to get off my vast behind and do something about it!
To cut a long story short, I separated from my husband a year ago, and last week discovered that he had 'moved on' ( with a much younger, skinnier model) and to be honest, I was devastated. So the immediate inspiration was a slightly bitter tasting ' I'll show him'... but having shed a fair few tears, and done some re-evaluating, it's turned into a more positive ' I'll show ME!'

This site has actually been really inspiring, and I'm currently waiting for my new set of 'fat bird' scales to be delivered today, so that I can take that very first step of discovering how much I really do weigh ( I know its going to be mountainous, but I've avoided it for years)
So , I've devised my own diet, and commenced on the Rebecca Wheatley exercise dvd, so, any minor earth tremors you felt around midday, sorry, that was me attempting the salsa moves :p

Last edited:
Well done on taking that decision. It sounds like you've been having a tough time recently, and deserve to do something for yourself. Well done on having a go at the DVD, I've not braved that yet, and good luck on your first week. I look forward to reading about your weigh in. Take care xx:)

Hi Nicki!
Thanks very much.... actually, having just re-read my original post, I sound like a bit of a moany mare :rolleyes:

But, it's onwards and upwards now, I've just got to resist the temptation of weighing myself every 5 minutes :whistle:

Congrats on your fantastic progress by the way!

xx

Last edited:
Congrats on taking the first step!! I know it's daunting but you sound like you're in the right frame of mind to get stuck in and go for it and that's half the battle. Very best of luck!

Thank you Lola Belle :)

This is such an interesting and educational site, that I think its going to be a real journey of discovery!

inspiration was a slightly bitter tasting ' I'll show him'... but having shed a fair few tears, and done some re-evaluating, it's turned into a more positive ' I'll show ME!'

Hi Sionnach

I love that you get that losing weight has to be done for you - well done :D

Relationship breakdowns can be so difficult I have been there myself, but we can and do come out of it the other side. In my case a happier and stronger person.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Hi i have never used a forum before but have been reading this all week. made the discision to try lipotrim to kick start my weight loss! Don't think i want to stay on it for ever, i have a long journey ahead of me!!! Just want to have a few weeks of good weight loss to motivate me for the rest of it.

Thank you Vanda :D
Whilst a little bit of self pity doesn't do any harm, it really is about going onwards and upwards ( or, more hopefully downwards in poundage!) and feeling good about yourself.
Hurrah for us all!:D

Hello and well done for making the decision to go for it!!!!!!!!

I have only just started myself but am also using xencial, first weigh in tomorrow :eek:

Wishing you loads of luck..come on WE CAN DO THIS :)

Good luck hon x I have tried to lose weight for other people before, but it has taken me a long time to realise the only way I will do it is if I am doing it for me x

Good luck on your journey x:)

I agree with you, you have to do this for yourself. I am tired of doing things because others want me to. This time its me that wants to change and change this body i will!!!

Heya hun!

Congrats on taking the first step...you really seem to have an awesome attitude towards it. Whilst a little resentment and bitterness can be an awesome incentive to get started you definately need that "I'm doing it for me" attitude because eventually the bitterness goes away and all you're left with is a bit of apathy and that's the worst!

So well done on deciding YOU deserve better and starting on the hopefully not-so-long journey of rediscovering the beautiful you inside! (Not to mention the gorgeous hunk of man you might be able to attract one day that will REALLY help you show the ex who's got the goods ;) )

:D

Last edited:
My motivation remains steadfast at the moment, so I'll definitely be looking forward to that gorgeous man who might be lurking round the corner, Mayfair ;)

I seem to have lost 16lbs since the start of this journey, huzzah!! Obviously, I've got a long way to go yet, and todays been a bit of a traumatic one , but I've resisted seeking my usual solace in the biccy tin, and instead used a bit of low key tae bo to vent my frustrations, which was pretty therapeutic :D I also realised that my Easter Egg still sits untouched on top of the fridge, might save it for next year.

I hope everyone else has had a sunny , happy weekend !
xx

16lbs! Fantastic! That's the first stone done...keep up the good work.

(I'm going to have to get me one of those ticker thingummyjiggers...very motiational!)

And here it is (hopefully...fingers crossed!!)

*edited to add* Woohoo! It worked!

Excellent ticker Lola-Belle, I'm looking forward to the time mine shows a magnificent weight loss like yours! Congratulations!:clap:

Excellent ticker Lola-Belle, I'm looking forward to the time mine shows a magnificent weight loss like yours! Congratulations!:clap:

Hey, at the rate you're going, you'll be catching me up in no time at all :D

Back