just wondering????

emilyj

Just wondering if anyone on here really binge eats and if there dr (if they know the extent if it) has ever said its an eating disorder???:confused:

it depends hun. what are you worried about? if its about you il pm you with my email address and you can ask me. i have alot! of experience on these things. x

I binge eat, when i was a teenager i used to purge, the older i got i stopped the purging and the weight piled on. It was classed as an eating disorder when i was sick, but not now. Which makes no sense to me.

Tackling the reason behind the binging is key, it took me a while to realise why i did this. It all came down so low self esteem, i am trapped in a vicious circle. When i had my daughter i suffered with post natal depression, all i wanted was for me and my daughter to be left alone, so i ate and ate to deal with it all and all the family members suddenly appearing.

I can't pm yet as i am still a new member but feel free to add me as a friend x

X

I do hun. I was only ever "diagnosed" as bulimic but that was as a teenager when i purged. But i haven't purged for a long long long time and can't do it anymore anyway. I binge for different reasons now ... V.muchso because "im gonna be on a diet tomorrow so i better eat what i want" and that mentality goes on for weeks and weeks at a time because its always "tomorrow". I use food as a comfort, reward, pick me up, treat, celebration. I plan food treats. I am totally happy and content when Im eating (crap food) and planning all the sh*t i want to eat!

Am hoping that slim & save and meal replacement can help me take the emphasis away from food.

We can get thru this :)... Food is just fuel, and we get all the fuel we need from slim and save xx

Back