Karibabes - Gonna do it this time!!!

Karibabes

Started slimming world after going to the drs in March last year, lost 1 1/2 stone in 12 weeks. Unfortunately couldnt afford to carry on going to WI and suffer with social anxiety too. Tried to do it on my own but have put on a stone since June last year.

I am starting again today, will hopefully start going to WI in the very near future and feel very determined!

I have my 30th birthday in August and we are having a party so i would really like to lose a decent amount of weight by then. I am aiming to lose around 2lbs a week as that seems perfectly plausible!

My starting weight today is 17 stone 2lbs and would like to get down to 16 stone by the 20/05 as i am going on holiday so will need to lose 2.5lbs a week to achieve this.

I am not looking forward to food optimising during easter. We will be seeing family over the 2 bank holiday weekends and they are not hugely supportive when its comes to me dieting and that makes it soooo much harder :cry:My dh has said we can stock up on low/no syn sausages etc and we can make our own burgers to keep everything as low syn as possible if we have bbqs etc.

Anyways that enough rambling for now!

Last edited:
Good for you for coming back!

Im sure that you will get where you want to be!
Also- with Easter just eat comfortably and enjoy yourself but don't go overboard! Seeing family can be difficult- mine scrutinise my eating habits- but as long as you can enjoy yourself and not feel uncomfortable then you should be fine- think positive and about the end result!!!!

2lb a week is a great target to work towards per week. My 21st is in August and im hoping a drop of between 1 and 2lb a week! Im sure we will both do it, I also struggle with costs and Im doing SW on a budget but there's a lot of great food and message boards on Minimins to help you out.

Good Luck!!!

Ruth
x

Good for you for coming back!

Im sure that you will get where you want to be!
Also- with Easter just eat comfortably and enjoy yourself but don't go overboard! Seeing family can be difficult- mine scrutinise my eating habits- but as long as you can enjoy yourself and not feel uncomfortable then you should be fine- think positive and about the end result!!!!

2lb a week is a great target to work towards per week. My 21st is in August and im hoping a drop of between 1 and 2lb a week! Im sure we will both do it, I also struggle with costs and Im doing SW on a budget but there's a lot of great food and message boards on Minimins to help you out.

Good Luck!!!

Ruth
x

Thank you :)

I think as long as i am prepared and have plenty of options i will be fine. I'm just so so used to hearing 'I know you can't have this but....' I wish i could get people to understand how important this is to me! They know i'm happy to make sw friendy alternitives to things!

Oh to be 21 again, how exciting!!
We WILL lose weight for our birthdays!!!! :cross:

Well i've had a really good week, have stuck to plan no problems and actually really enjoyed it!

Decided to make weigh in day a Sunday. Weighed myself yesterday and i am now 16 stone 12lbs so i've lost 4lbs. Very happy with that!

Have also already done my online shopping that should arrive thursday ready for the bank holiday! I am going to make lots of low syn/ syn free snacks to eat here or take on a picnic or to take round my parents etc so i am not tempted!! Actually really looking forward to making home made cheese burgers, scotch eggs and sweets!!

Hi Karibabes and well done on coming back to SW.

I've had a blip this week and put 2lb on - I know why so not surprised, thought it would be more if I'm honest.

4lbs is a fab loss - well done and keep going, between everyone on here we'll all get to where we want to be. If you are looking for any inspiration look on the diary page of Ellebear the bear without a care - she had done fantastic and is such an inspiration she truly is and so helpful too.

Keep going honey and well done again.

Good luck this week, my WI is on a Monday so will keep an eye on your diary and report my loss (I must lose next week) next week to ya.

xxxxxxxx

Hi Karibabes and well done on coming back to SW.

I've had a blip this week and put 2lb on - I know why so not surprised, thought it would be more if I'm honest.

4lbs is a fab loss - well done and keep going, between everyone on here we'll all get to where we want to be. If you are looking for any inspiration look on the diary page of Ellebear the bear without a care - she had done fantastic and is such an inspiration she truly is and so helpful too.

Keep going honey and well done again.

Good luck this week, my WI is on a Monday so will keep an eye on your diary and report my loss (I must lose next week) next week to ya.

xxxxxxxx

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your gain, but you know where it went wrong and we both know you can lose that by next week. Today is another day, onwards and upwards!

Will have a read of Elliebear, thanks for pointing me in her direction!

Good luck for the week ahead

x

Had such a fab 'food optimsing' day yesterday! I very rarely have any meals that are syn free so it took me ages to get it into my head that my steak, eggs, potato wedges and veg were freeeeee! And it was delish!

Going to have a nice big brekkie in a minute (egg and beans on toast i think, nomnom) as i'm taking the kiddies to town so will definitely need the energy! Especially as its a good half an hour walk and up a big hill!

Jacket potato for lunch with cheese

Spag Bol for dinner

Syns = 4 for flora light and 2 for tomato ketchup!

Very happy to say that i got through the easter bank holiday without putting on weight! Don't think i've EVER done that before!! I only lost a lb but i am so chuffed i don't care! If i can do that again this weekend i will be really happy!

I got through the weekend with syn free burgers, low syn home made scotch eggs, frittata, low syn pasta dishes and my newest find, Chicken breast burgers from iceland only 1/2 a syn a burger!

Roll on Friday, wish me luck!!

x

Well the second bank holiday didn't go so well. My nan was in hospital and it didn't look good so we stayed with my brother for a few days so we could visit. My brother lives on takeaways so it was a very hard weekend for me. I ate everything I shouldn't and at the time I didn't care. Unfortunately I havent got back on track since then until today!

Wish me luck!

Back