Katys Weight Loss and Food Diary

itsGCbaby

Silver Member
Hi guys!

I'm Katy and I was a member a couple of years ago, but I've decided to join again after putting more than 1 and a half stone more than my original starting weight on!!!!
I re-joined Slimming World in November 2015 and I've been really enjoying it this time, and enjoying cooking lots of lovely recipes etc, however I seem to have been stuck in a rut for a couple of weeks now, so I need to start keeping my food diary again so I can keep track on what I'm eating!!

I'm 25 years old and married to my wonderful husband Jono (who has also started doing Slimming World), we have 2 cats and live in a village near Sheffield.

I've got my sister to join Slimming World and also my best friend Emily, who is getting married either next year or the year after and I'm going to be her bridesmaid, so apart from my health that is another reason why I want to lose weight.

I've been told that I'm borderline diabetic, and both my sisters, my mum, uncle, cousins, and aunts all suffer with diabetes so I am determined to lose weight to hopefully help prevent it going full scale.
I also suffer with really bad knee pain and join problems so that's another reason to lose some of this weight!

My start weight was 25 stone.
I'm now 23 stone 7.5lbs.

So I've lost 1 stone 6.5lbs in just over 2 months, and that's including putting 6lb on over the christmas period, so I am really happy with that.
I've had Slimmer of the Week 4 times and Slimmer of the Month twice.
But I have been chasing my 1 and a half stone award for about 4 weeks now and it's just proving very difficult to get!

My 10% weight is 22 stone 7lbs and that is also my first interim target, and when I have reached that, I will be treating myself to a tattoo! That will be my reward to myself!

My ultimate goal is 11 stone 7lbs, but I know that is going to take a long long time, so I am setting myself little targets to work towards and hopefully it wont seem like such a long way away then!

I have dropped a dress size already, I was a size 26 when I started and I am now a size 24. I've lost about 5 inches on my waist :)

So here I am and I will be updating here every day to keep me on track!!

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

Katy xxx

Hi Katy, I too have been a previous member of SW and most other clubs out there but always found that SW was the best so once again I have re-joined, last week was my first weigh-in and I only lost 1lb! but I suppose it is better off than on right? I find I tend to loose weight quite slowly as I suffer from hypothyroidism and rheumatoid arthritis which makes it a little bit harder for me to exercise as I have to be careful I don't damage my joints further! My son get's married in May and I am desperate to loose some weight before the big day but this going to be one hard slog, especially when I see other members loose quite a lot in their first few weeks, and I had lost 1 lb but I am determined to keep at it as the extra weight I'm carrying is not good on my joints either. I do lack a bit of confidence and self esteem and I am trying to find new friends, who like me, are on this SW journey.

You have done extremely well with the your weight loss so far, well done :) I wish I could drop a dress size, well even a few dress sizes lol at present I'm wearing size 20, sometimes an 18 if big made and sometimes 22 if small made, I really hate being in the "obese" category, also diabetes runs in my family, both type 1 & 2 so I do not wish to have that along with the other issues, I'm also in menopause (7 yrs) it sucks being a woman lol :)

So any tips, advice, food diary ~~ anything you can help with I'd be grateful. Good luck on your journey :)

Susan xx

Hi Katy, I too have been a previous member of SW and most other clubs out there but always found that SW was the best so once again I have re-joined, last week was my first weigh-in and I only lost 1lb! but I suppose it is better off than on right? I find I tend to loose weight quite slowly as I suffer from hypothyroidism and rheumatoid arthritis which makes it a little bit harder for me to exercise as I have to be careful I don't damage my joints further! My son get's married in May and I am desperate to loose some weight before the big day but this going to be one hard slog, especially when I see other members loose quite a lot in their first few weeks, and I had lost 1 lb but I am determined to keep at it as the extra weight I'm carrying is not good on my joints either. I do lack a bit of confidence and self esteem and I am trying to find new friends, who like me, are on this SW journey.

You have done extremely well with the your weight loss so far, well done :) I wish I could drop a dress size, well even a few dress sizes lol at present I'm wearing size 20, sometimes an 18 if big made and sometimes 22 if small made, I really hate being in the "obese" category, also diabetes runs in my family, both type 1 & 2 so I do not wish to have that along with the other issues, I'm also in menopause (7 yrs) it sucks being a woman lol :)

So any tips, advice, food diary ~~ anything you can help with I'd be grateful. Good luck on your journey :)

Susan xx

It was so good when I walked into the shop and I'd dropped a dress size. I couldn't believe it! I can't remember the last time I went down and not up!
I am sure you will do fine this time, I certainly feel a million times better about it this time around!
I have also adapted the way that I do my shopping, and I have started planning my main meals a week in advance and just buying the stuff I need for them. I also make a lot of the Slimming World recipes this time, and they are all so tasty! Yesterday I made the Caribbean Pepperpot Stew recipe that's on the website and it really was delicious. It didn't taste like a diet meal at all. And I did it in my slow cooker, which I love at the moment.

Good luck to you anyway, and please keep me updated to how you are getting on!! :)

Yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast:
Toast (HEB) with Banana.

Dinner:
Batchelors Low Fat Super Noodles (free)
3 Babybel Light (HEA)
Apple (speed)
Orange (speed)

Tea:
Rice (free)
Sweetcorn (free)
Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce (free)
Baby Plum Tomatoes (speed)
Pear (speed)

Supper:
SW Caribbean Pepperpot Stew (free and speed) (Click Here For Recipe)

Snacks:
Baby Plum Tomatoes (speed)
Muller Light (free)
3 Squares of Dairy Milk (4 syns)

HEA: 3 Babybel Light
HEB: 2 Slices of Small Wholemeal Bread

Total Syns: 4

I had the munchies really bad as you can probaby tell! But I only ended up having 4 syns so I'm happy with that!!

Was working a 3-11 shift at work, and my Pepperpot Stew wasn't ready before I went, hence the really random Tea at work. But it was actually really nice!!!

Well, I have had a mega bad few weeks. I've not been able to get to group for 2 weeks for one reason or another, so for 3 weeks I have just been utterly demotivated.
I'm coming off my depression medication at the moment, which isn't helping anything, and also I've been ill on and off with this stupid stomach bug that's going round for the past 2 weeks.
I've been on holiday from work and catching up with friends and eating out pretty much every day, so that means that I haven't been on plan at all.
When I was at work, I was working the most horrendous hours, so again, didn't feel at all like being on plan!!

I am so scared that I have undone all the hard work that I have done over the past few months and I will be so upset and gutted if that is the case.

Anyway, I am back to work tomorrow and my plan is to start afresh and go and face the scales on Wednesday to see what damage has been done. I will be buying another 12 week count down, so that will commit me for the next 12 weeks :)

Not at all looking forward to it, but I know I will get the support I need from group to keep me going.

In other news, I had my first driving lesson today and I loved it!

I will post an update tomorrow!! See you all then x

Here is Sundays Food Diary...

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix, a bit of Semi Skimmed Milk

Lunch: Uncle Bens Microwavable Rice (1 Syn), Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce, Sweetcorn
Apple
Orange

Dinner: Chicken, Rice and Veg with Bisto Gravy (2 Syns)
Mullerlight
Nectarine

Snacks: Sliced Beef
Plum Tomatoes
Options Hot Choc (2 Syns)

HEA: Semi Skimmed Milk and 2 Babybel Light
HEB: 2 Weetabix
Syns: 5

Last edited:
Hiya!

I've rejoined after being a member numerous times before.

I can totally relate to the weight battle and ill health creeping up on us.

Good plan for Wednesday. Get back on track! I also bought 12 weeks so maybe we could be buddies?

Hiya!

I've rejoined after being a member numerous times before.

I can totally relate to the weight battle and ill health creeping up on us.

Good plan for Wednesday. Get back on track! I also bought 12 weeks so maybe we could be buddies?

Definitely! :) Good luck! I wonder how much weight we can lose in 12 weeks!?
Do you have a weight loss diary/thread? I will be happy to follow you on your journey!

Mondays Food Diary:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix, a bit of Semi Skimmed Milk, 1 Banana, 1 Orange.

Lunch: Low Fat Supernoodles, Apple.

Dinner: SW Caribbean Pepperpot Stew (all free), Rice, Mullerlight, Nectarine and a Plum.

Supper: Mugshot, Sliced Beef and Plum Tomatoes.

Snacks: 2 Babybel Light.

HEA: Semi Skimmed Milk and 2 Babybel Light.
HEB: 2 Weetabix
Syns: None!

Really happy with yestrdays food. Managed to not have any syns at all, and to be honest I didn't really miss them! I don't usually have supper, but it was a long day yesterday as I was on the early shift at work, have to get up at 5, so my breakfast is really early, and so then so is lunch and dinner!

Tuesdays Food Diary

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon Sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal 400g bread, lean bacon fried in frylight) with 1 tsp of Lighter than Light Mayo (0.5 syns), and some plum tomatoes.

Dinner: Nandos! 13 Syns (basing this on the half a chicken being 11 Syns, but I'm actually having the thighs, but I cannot find the value of them anywhere! I can't see them being more than 11 Syns though. Having the Spicy Rice which is 2 Syns and the Corn on the Cob which is free!)

Snacks: 2 Babybel Light with an apple.

HEA: Milk and 2 Babybel Light
HEB: Bread
Syns: 13.5

So today, me and my husband have been together for 5 years! We are off to Nandos for our tea, before going to see Sarah Millichan. The tickets of which were my christmas present! Always wanted to see her live, so I can't wait!
I've been saving my syns because I knew we were going to Nandos. I'm quite lucky really cause Nandos is my favoourite place to eat, and it's also one of the best, cause there are options that are below your 15 syns for the day! Technically I didn't really need to save any syns for the meal, but I'm trying to have as little syns as possible this week, because I've been so bad for the past 3 weeks. I know on Wednesday I will have put weight on, but I want a good weight loss next week!

Anyway, I am going to go have a shower and make myself pretty for my hubby now!

Hope you are all having a good week!

xxx

Tuesdays Food Diary

Breakfast/Lunch: Bacon Sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal 400g bread, lean bacon fried in frylight) with 1 tsp of Lighter than Light Mayo (0.5 syns), and some plum tomatoes.

Dinner: Nandos! 13 Syns (basing this on the half a chicken being 11 Syns, but I'm actually having the thighs, but I cannot find the value of them anywhere! I can't see them being more than 11 Syns though. Having the Spicy Rice which is 2 Syns and the Corn on the Cob which is free!)

Snacks: 2 Babybel Light with an apple.

HEA: Milk and 2 Babybel Light
HEB: Bread
Syns: 13.5

So today, me and my husband have been together for 5 years! We are off to Nandos for our tea, before going to see Sarah Millichan. The tickets of which were my christmas present! Always wanted to see her live, so I can't wait!
I've been saving my syns because I knew we were going to Nandos. I'm quite lucky really cause Nandos is my favoourite place to eat, and it's also one of the best, cause there are options that are below your 15 syns for the day! Technically I didn't really need to save any syns for the meal, but I'm trying to have as little syns as possible this week, because I've been so bad for the past 3 weeks. I know on Wednesday I will have put weight on, but I want a good weight loss next week!

Anyway, I am going to go have a shower and make myself pretty for my hubby now!

Hope you are all having a good week!

xxx

Hi itsGCbaby, I am pleased that you are finding the journey a good one. Just remember to have your sins, not cutting them out, I know people who went weeks without their syns, they put weight on, or stayed the same, but as soon as they started being nearer maximum syns, their weight fell off again.

Back