Keep cheating...

lala

I don't know what's wrong with me this week, but I keep sticking things in my mouth. Not even nice things, leftovers from my daughter mostly.

WHY, WHY, WHY??? I am still losing weight (I've been going to the gym to try to compensate) but slowly - 2lbs this week and last - I'm going to end up on LL for much longer if I'm not careful. I hoped to be finished around the end of June, but I've got no hope of that now :(

Anyone else, or am I a freak with no self control?

I'm going to go to the pop in on Saturday and 'fess up. I hate the matronly manner though - I'm 33, I don't want to be told off! But I do want the advice.

Anyone here got any???

TIA.

hey - i cant help you cos Ive not started yet, but Im sure that other people have encountered similar stumbling blocks, some one will be along soon with some advice Im sure. well done so far though xxx

SNAP! Have been going through the same thing for the last 3 weeks. Really don't know whats wrong with me. My weight still makes me so sad and I now that LL works so why cant I just get on and do it???
Be good all day the blow it this evening. Im really worried that Im not going to get back on track and that this is my LL journey over.

Last edited:
I've been doing this for weeks, and weeks, and weeks now.
All I can say, is that if you truely want to continue losing the weight, you can. It's your decision, 24/7, as to wether or not you eat, so make the right choice.

I'll be trying to do the same too :)

Hi lala, I am in exactly the same position as you. I keep thinking 'last time'. But now I know I have to stop.

I am feeling so low at the moment. I know I have lost a lot but that seems to be over shadowed by the fact that I feel so rubbish.

Today, is a new day. I am going to get my hair cut (if anywhere is open!!) to help me feel better.

Have a pep talk with yourself. Get some old photo's out of how you used to look. I know I feel disgusted when I look at my old pics.

Just take one day at a time.

I know we both really want to do this and you have proved that by posting your problems.

Well done on your weight loss so far. Stay positive, I know you can do it.

If you need anything else, feel free to PM me x x

Hi I'm in the same boat too.
I don't want to give up. The way I look at it is...can you manage one perfect day....just ONE day? That's the start. After 3 days you will be back in ketosis and feeling nice and positive again. Sugar and insulin levels will balance out and off we go!!! I've always thrown in the towel in the past so I am trying desperately not to let the past repeat itself... to do something different. Nip this in the bud everyone. OK it will be unpleasant for a few days but IT WILL BE WORTH IT.
Plan the rest of today...when you will have your packs, what flavours? Water consumption? Today's exercise goals? Thought records? We are all mere humans and mistakes happen so lets not beat ourselves up. I am struggling but I'm NOT giving up. Everyone has a blip sometime so we may as well learn to cope now!

Don't beat yourself up about it Lala. In my many years of dieting I have found that covering any leftovers in vinegar straight away is good as then I can't eat them :)
Am sure you will get lots of advice and support from your LLC and group rather than a telling off xx

DON'T keep cheating

Come on guys, you can stick with it.
Don't worry about what other people think. You are doing this for YOU and the reasons you decided to start LL are probably still the same.
This time last year I weighed about 19.5 stone and was wearing size 26 clothes, had already been doing LL for nearly 2 months. The road ahead looked long towards being happy with myself and my weight. I didn't know if it would ever happen. I hadn't set myself a goal then.
I was alaways tired, went to bed after coming home from work. Life was boring and tedious.
Last night I went out to a restaurant with my husband.I wore size 10 jeans, high heeled boots and a fab jacket. Felt a million dollars.
Last week-end he bought me an eternity ring with 12 diamonds to signify my 12 stones lost. It will be a constant reminder.
My whole life has changed including my job and my self esteem.
Yours can too.
Good luck and stick with it.
Food will always be there. This is our chance to re-balance our relationship with it. xxxxx
Fast forward

Am also struggling at the moment so sending my support and let all dig deep and focus on our goals. Good luck and its important not to have a real downer about it.

DON'T PANIC!

Look, we're all Human, and as others have said probably been overweight with bad f##d/drink habits for a large number of years (25 in my case). A few weeks/months is such a tiny amount of time in comparison that it's bound to be a struggle to remain on abstinence with no 'lapses'. You can't change the habits of a lifetime in a few short weeks.

BUT, do not despair. Please don't think of these moments as LAPSES, they are simply 'OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN'.

I know you don't mean to eat, but it's an automatic reaction. How did you feel before/during/after? Was there a specific time/substance/occasion involved?

As unpleasant as it can be, these challenges will arise throughout the rest of your life. NOTHING is not allowed, EVERYTHING is permitted, it's just how you deal with events that needs to change if you are to maintain a healthy lifestyle (at whatever weight/size feels right FOR YOU).

So, please don't feel negative about the 'lapses', see them for what they are, proof that you're human and still learning, as we all are constantly throughout our lives. IF you want to stop the diet then make that decision for YOUR own reasons; if you want to continue then start NOW, not tomorrow.

It's 100% your decision, and your choice. Don't expect it to be easy, do expect challenges as we experience these on a daily basis and that's what make us stronger as people.

Whatever you all decide, I wish you luck.

I have been yo-yoing since Christmas tbh. I had a whole month "off" in March. And since returning last week, I have been working through some odd new feelings that have replaced the ones I originally got over in my foundation course.
Seems that my old "bad habits" didn't go away! I just replaced them with new "bad habits"!!!
So I really have to give myself a proper talking to. This week hasn't gone smoothly and it hasn't been easy, but sometimes I need a :copon:. And I think this week has done that for me.

Lala, I hope that you can find the root of the reason you keep going back to the f**d. And that's just the beginning. Once you find out why you are going back to it, then you have to stop the cycle. That there. That's the hard bit.

With me, I found that the extra (male) attention I was getting, was freaking me out. I didn't think I deserved it. And I wasn't ready for it. I am lucky enough to have some supportive friends and a very good LLC who was right on me as soon as I missed what was supposed to be my first meeting back! She made me reaslise I have to face my fears. I'm trying!!!

B x

Back