Keeping Going!

Emmaline

Hippety Hop!
Starting another diary .. leaving my old one in the hopes of renewing my efforts to get the weight moving again .. ever hopeful of seeing some good results.. :innocent0001:

Today I have been very good and kept to the menus I had planned.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Linseeds 9g + Honey 7g & Coffee 1/2teaspn + Cream 25ml
Lunch - Bread 30g + Pate 20g & Coffee 1/2teaspn + Cream 20ml
Snack - Rich Tea Fingers 2
Dinner - Cod fillet 138g + Stringless Beans 70g + Carrot 45g + Peas garden frozen 75g + Mash instant 30g + Seafood Sauce 20g
Supper - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1pot
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,074 Carbs 94 SatFat 23 Protein 55 Sodium 692 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Good morning. Have to say your food for the day sounds delicious. I'm also trying to find my way back to losing again, it seems to be quite difficult once you go off track doesn't it. Anyway wanted to wish you good luck with your new diary and have a lovely weekend x

Good morning. Have to say your food for the day sounds delicious. I'm also trying to find my way back to losing again, it seems to be quite difficult once you go off track doesn't it. Anyway wanted to wish you good luck with your new diary and have a lovely weekend x

Thanks Cathy..I do find that posting my day to day doings help a lot but even more so when I get support from others which until now has been a bit absent but due no doubt to my having a diary in the Gold section. :D

I look forward to reading updates in your diary Cathy.. and by-the-way.. if you don't mind my saying so but you're just the right age to be getting that weight shifted otherwise it gets harder and harder as the years go on.. believe me at my age of 81 it's really hard! :banghead:

Managed to get up and get going quite early today so I went out to Morrisons for lunch. I had vowed I wouldn't go there again after their refurbishment as the chairs have no padding now.. just ordinary wooden ones, and they are very uncomfortable especially with my bad back.. however, I took my cushion from my car seat to use which made a big improvement. Love their roast chicken as a rule but it didn't seem as tasty this time.
Then used one of their mobility scooters to have a browse round the store and bought one or two things but no chocolate! Yay! .. :innocent002:

Good morning Emmaline, hope you are well and had a good weekend. Well done for avoiding the chocolate, it's very devious and sneaks its way into your basket, or is that just mine? It's a good idea to start a new diary thanks for the idea. With regards to the weight, of course I don't mind you saying , you're absolutely right, I have to get it sorted now, it's starting to have an affect on my joints now and cannot walk very far because of carrying this extra 4 1/2 st, so anywords of wisdom will be greatfully received. Hope you enjoy your day x

Yeah looking forward to following you again. :)

How have you been? Well done on no chocolate. :)

Hi Mary.. I've been a bit wobbly over the last few days but hopefully feeling much better now and able to face the onslaught of the minimal carbs.. my biggest enemy!

Good morning Emmaline, hope you are well and had a good weekend. Well done for avoiding the chocolate, it's very devious and sneaks its way into your basket, or is that just mine? It's a good idea to start a new diary thanks for the idea. With regards to the weight, of course I don't mind you saying , you're absolutely right, I have to get it sorted now, it's starting to have an affect on my joints now and cannot walk very far because of carrying this extra 4 1/2 st, so anywords of wisdom will be greatfully received. Hope you enjoy your day x

Hi Cathy, Thanks for the well wishes.. we keep struggling don't we?
Unfortunately my extra weight with my very bad back means I'm practically unable to do very much altho' I refuse to give in altogether and plod on with the aid of various painkillers.
I also suffer with these sneaky varmints that seem to make their way into where they are not wanted but somehow I manage to devour them before anyone notices.. :rotflmao:

Just posted to your diary "Back To Sort My Health" (I think it's called)..hope you will start to post on there yourself so we can have an interchange of support and experiences.. :)

Last edited:
Monday 16th May 2016

Feeling much more upbeat and normal.. whatever normal is..
grin.png
.. so to posting all my doings with no doubt all my moans and groans as well.

Weight gone up again.. (what's new says you!).. Back to 200.8lbs (14st4.8lbs)..
squint.png

Weekly "progress"

wS9mueJ.png

Hi Emmaline, ouch your back sounds very painful. All we can do is our best and as long as we keep trying and don't give up then that's good enough in my book. Your so meticulous in your logging of you food for the day you will definitely succeed no doubt about that. It may take us a little longer as we are older, but it's not a problem I have faith we will get there in the end. Im off to work tomorrow I only do 3 days a week and am lucky enough to be able to retire in december, so I will be back on at some point tomorrow even if its later on. Have a good evening an be aware of the munchie monsters :eatdrink023:

Last edited:
Munchie monsters ever present.. and did get a look in this afternoon unfortunately but all due to my having a coughing fit and needing something to help and as I don't like those menthol ones I bought a pack of mint humbugs which did the job but were so moorish I ended up eating half the pack! :rant:

I'll get back into gear and do much better tomorrow.. :innocent0001:

Tuesday 17th May 2016

Tried to cut my toenails today as I've been deleted from the NHS list now and left it a bit late to find a podiatrist..not very successful as I stupidly decided yesterday that it was on my agenda for today and my back didn't agree with the decision..
grin.png

Had a good day otherwise and actually did some of my knitting.. determined to make a better effort to do more so I can donate to the groups efforts.. not that there's any competition but they are all knitting away like mad and turn in something nearly every week which puts me to shame...and there is a monthly news letter which shows what a lot of the groups have been doing.
I'm knitting angel tops for prem babies..
The ones I'm doing have the opening at the back.

Had my main meal this lunch time for a change and just hope that will not backfire on me.

Breakfast - Toast 42g + Butter 6g + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Ham 100g + Salad + Coleslaw 100g
Snack - Choka Icecream 1
Evening - Banana + Bread 34g + Butter 6g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,308 Carbs 111 SatFat 27 Protein 55 Sodium 1,645 Fibre 12

Looks like another good day for you they all add up don't they. The angel tops are beautiful, you must be really pleased with them, and I'm sure that they will be much appreciated. I'm not talented with anything like knitting or sewing., my grandma once tried to teach me how to crochet but to no availe, she was a very patient person but it just wasn't in me, but I do keep george at asda in business so not all bad :D well off to my bed. Hope you have a better day with your back and you get your nails sorted. Take care

Wednesday 18th May 2016

Home help came today.. was supposed to have been last week but she wasn't well .. mighty pleased to see her and get my place looking dusted and clean again.

Annoying thing happened with my PC today.. I've been getting popups for quite a while now about having Windows 10 which I always decline but today there was one that took over completely and went thro' all the configurations to install Windows 10 and with no leeway to refuse it. Had to wait for nearly half hour for this to run and then was given the opportunity to either accept or decline.. having declined I then had to wait again whilst the Windows 7 was reinstalled!

Did plan to have some bacon with my breakfast but it had gone off a bit.

Breakfast - Eggs fried 2 + Bread fried + Baked Beans 100g
Lunch - Toast 30g + Cheese 34g + Tomato Cup-a-soup
Snack - Orange
Dinner - Rainbow Trout fillet + Carrot 70g + Stringless Beans 65g + Seafood Sauce 20ml
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,221 Carbs 114 SatFat 17 Protein 67 Sodium 1,442 Fibre 16

Thursday 19th May 2016

Very good day..Usually I can't wait to get out but I've been feeling uncommonly at ease with myself and quite content to stay at home in fact I've done a lot more knitting and started a blanket as well which will use up a variety of odds and ends of wools. That has indeed kept me away from kitchen visits even tho' I did make a sugar free banana and date loaf yesterday which I'm really pleased with.

It's turned out nice and firm so very easy to cut a small slice.. I've divided it into 12 slices.. unfortunately not done much for my carbs situation..
wavey.png

http://juliebhosale.co.nz/sugar-free-banana-date-cake/

Reviewing my attempts at social occasions as I would like to find more opportunities to meet people instead of keeping so isolated. Would love to go for a swim again but I must confess I'm really worried that it will make my back more painful.. first I'll have to try on my costume to see if it still fits.

Breakfast - Weetabix 3 +Milk SS 140ml
Lunch - Bread 40g + Butter 10g + Baked Beans 85g
Snack - Banana & Date Loaf 1slice
Dinner - R.Trout + Peas 100g + Mash 30g + Seafood Sauce 20g & Strawberries 110g + Yogurt 50g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,274 Carbs 152 SatFat 16 Protein 69 Sodium 831 Fibre 21

Evening Emmaline hope that you are keeping well. Food is looking tasty as usual. Off for the weekend now so will hopefully be able to get on to the forums more often. Booked a holiday to majorca this evening it's not until next may, but it's something to look forward to. Hope your back is behaving itself. X

They are going to charge for Windows 10 soon so good you upgraded now. The tool bar is on the far right now. Click on the four bars.:)

Must be something in the air as I know a few people who are struggling with the munchies.

Morning Emmaline hope you are keeping well. Don't worry about the iffy days, we all have them, and the scales not going up is a good bonus, it just shows that you have been on track the rest of the time. Pleased to hear that you have your computer sorted I don't know what I would do without the Internet it keeps you in touch with the rest of the world. hubby has just taken the dog out for a walk and im supposed to be doing the hoovering, hey ho, there's always later on:whistle: any way i had best put the kettle on for the coffee. Have a good day x

Back