Keeping the weight off

lil_trixie

Hi im on tfr now for my 2nd week and am constantly being told my people that when i loose my target weight within no time it will go back on, even if i do eat healthy.

In a way i am worried that when i do start putting solids in my mouth this is true even if i do eat healthy.

Can anyone please help me if this is true or if you have been on tfr and been able to keep the weight off? would like to hear some success stories to put my mind at ease to :sigh:

Hiya, im on day two of tfr and before starting this was a big concern of mine but the chemist really put my mind at ease. She said that so long as you change your previous eating habits and stick to a healthy eating regime, then the weight will stay off. She said using something like slimming worlds diet plans will help to maintain the weight which I am a veteran at slimming world, I often wonder how I'm not on the payroll lol! Also, when I told a friend at work I was doing this he told me of a friend who did this 2 years ago and lost 7 stone in 4 months and has managed to keep it off through healthy diet and exercise. That's kept my positivity level going over all the other people I've told who have said that it will go back on, as they don't know anyone who has done the diet to give an honest opinion?

How much did you lose at first weigh in? As I'm only on day 2 I've not been weighed but am finding others weigh ins are really spurring me through the first days which I'm guessing are the worst .

Leanne x

Agree with the above. So long as you stick to healthy eating and exercise you should be fine. I plan to use WW when im near my goal weight cos when you reach goal weigh ins are free so long as you stick within your weight range.

Keep sensible and it'll all be ok :)

I lost 3 stone on the Cambridge diet and put it all back on again..... why? Because when I felt better about myself I went back to eating all the same junk food that I did before.

Your body needs a certain amount of calories each day to survive and as it burns a certain amount of calories. If you eat a proper healthy diet when you get to your goal you won't go gaining all your loss back like I did. You might get an initial 4-5lb gain as your body adjusts but wont gain it all back. Good luck! xx

i agree with that moon gazer im gonna do ww to stay on track but ill make healthy choices and keep booze to a minimum because i haven't give it a second thought since ive been doing this too focused on food so a nice knock on effect so ill just carry on and ill do my refeed and carry on i haven't done all this hard work for nothing but i so understand how easy i could fall back unless i stay vigilant i guess ill always have to be because of the way i see food

The people who are telling you that you won't be able to maintain your loss don't know anything about Lipotrim or are simply jealous. No matter what diet we follow, if we return to our old eating habits, we WILL put the weight back on.

Clair x

thanks everyone for your positive answers :D I just hope i can prove them wrong. i do agree clair i think theyre jealous lol :p

Leanne my first weigh in was 6lbs of but it was a 5 day weigh in and totm so i was happy enough. my next weigh in tomorrow. how u getting on with the diet? im not to bad my cravings are whats realy getting me down though at the min, cant wait for this stage to be over. :( xx

i was told the same by people who know nothing about LT actually they were not or are not doctors or even work in the health or nutritional sector unless u think a domestic in a hospital counts lol if u over eat u will put on weight. LT is god because when u do it 100% u realize that u dont need half the junk u put in ur mouth.so its like retraining ur self to eat when hungry. i lost 2 stone in 3 weeks took a week off to go on holiday didnt put any on that week and last week lost 6 lb so it can be done i when out 4 dinner but was sensible didnt have a starter ir desert only ate when i was hungry and dunk loads of water its all about thinking before eating some always knows someone who put weight on after whatever diet ur on . justcarry on the what ur doing x gina sorry i got carried away there lol

Ginagee that's brilliant that you went on holiday n didn't gain! I went to mexico a few years ago and put on 13lb in 2 weeks, I nearly died when I saw the scales!

I've had such a mix of emotions today, I woke up feeling like a Zombie but this went about half 9 and was really happy n positive till about 2pm n off n off since then I've ok one min but then felt like I could strangle someone for food (don't worry im not a physcho and would never cause anyone any harm whatsoever ha) but I keep telling myself this will pass, please tell me it does pass! I'm pleased that I've nearly finished day 2 though, it may sound silly that as it's only 2 days but I didn't think I'd get past day 1!

Big well done for your first week weigh in and best luck for tomorrow, post your loss for us ? xx

Ps I wasnt doing lipotrim when I gained the holiday weight :)

Hi I am a doctor as well and this is my second time on LT. I kept my weight off for over a year but then had a bad fall and couldnt exercise for months. At the same time I started comfort eating again like there was no tomorrow:eek: so it does work and you can stay at weight. dont let people put you off x

Havent been on this for a few days, ooops thanks again for all the positve stories. had my 2nd weigh in on sat and lost another 6 lbs was pleased but expected a bit more as i had quite a small loss the 1st week. :confused:

Hope everyone is getting on well though :D
xx

Thank you Tori im trying to keep my chin up. How you getting on with the diet? i swear my cravings are driving me mad :( dream about food all the time lol, chinese, pizza you name it. xx

Hi trixie, don't be hard on yourself, both your losses are fabulous and theres no other weight loss plan you would acheive that on, a big massive well done to you :) xx

Lea thanks very much and good luck with your weighin. How you getting on now?

Tori congrats :D you must be pleased. my pharmacist said the same the more water you drink the better. Although i have a weak bladder lol it really doesnt help at work. xx

Hi trixie, I'm getting on alright, in my 5th day now so it's starting to feel pretty normal now. I'm counting down the days till food cos I'm doing this for 5 weeks then refeed for a week before going to glastonbury so have 30 days left :) x

great losses ladies!! well done! I really need to up my water intake! I really just can't stand the stuff! haha! i think I'm nearly having two ltrs a day!! I think I'll be ready for refeeding this weds - then I'm going on to ww to try and lose half a stone or so in my own time! haha! I now weigh the least I have weighed and I'm happy enough! last time I kept all the weight off by being sensible! that was until I started running loads a few months ago and piled it all on by eating rubbish thinking I'd burn it off!! it is possible anyway! :) hope you're all doing ok!! xx

great losses ladies!! well done! I really need to up my water intake! I really just can't stand the stuff! haha! i think I'm nearly having two ltrs a day!! I think I'll be ready for refeeding this weds - then I'm going on to ww to try and lose half a stone or so in my own time! haha! I now weigh the least I have weighed and I'm happy enough! last time I kept all the weight off by being sensible! that was until I started running loads a few months ago and piled it all on by eating rubbish thinking I'd burn it off!! it is possible anyway! :) hope you're all doing ok!! xx

Hi just reading through your post and seen you done so well on lipotrim. congrats :D. have you any tips for how you kept the weight of after refeed etc calorie counting. xx

lil_trixie said:
Hi just reading through your post and seen you done so well on lipotrim. congrats :D. have you any tips for how you kept the weight of after refeed etc calorie counting. xx

hi trixie! thank you! I think keeping the weight off is fairly easy as long as you see coming off lipotrim as a chance to change ur lifestyle! I didn't calorie count so much as take notice of how much fat was in things! I pretty much stopped eating bread, the odd pita bread heat and there though, and swapped really high fat content things such as Mayo with less fatty options, like low fat fromage frais! it really is about retraining your tastebuds! if you don't have the fatty things for at least a month after refeed and stick to the lighter options you tend to find yourself wanting the lighter ones more than the fatty ones!! but also remember that ur allowed treats! but that's what they are - treats! I slipped up cos I started having 'treats' so regularly that they became normal again and not something to look forward to and treat myself with! that's about it!! haha! sorry for whittering on! I'm sure you'll do just fine! if you're determined to keep it off you will!! :) xx

Back