Extra Easy Keeping weight off

evieshrinking

Has anyone out there lost weight and kept it off? I am doing slimming world after years of being overweight. Doing things very slowly and the main reason for not doing things sooner was everyone seemed to put it all back on again. So any positive stories?

Ive only been doing slimming world for about three months, lost over a stone so far, but the way i see it is 'slimming world is for life not just til christmas' it really is a way of re educating your whole eating habits and thus being in control, were all gonna have good weeks, some great weeks and sometimes bad ones, but weve all got to learn to not feel guilty about what we eat, but be on plan the best we can!

Good luck :0)

I'm like vitology, first time on SW and have only done WW before many moons ago.

SW is fo life, reeducation to help you keep it off, if you can change the habits that got us here in the first place no reason why we should put it all back on.

Are you going to group? I would recommend it, keeps you n the straight and narrow even at target.

good luck x

I lost my weight with SW and am now attempting to keep it off!

I hate to say it but I definitely found losing weight so much easier than maintaining. The only guidance SW seems to give for maintaining is to up your HEs if you want. I tried this and was having 8 HEs a day and still losing weight.

I have found though if I go off plan even slightly I gain massively. I had a medium dominoes pizza a few weeks ago and gained 4lbs! I work out everyday (sometimes twice a day) in order to help with the maintaining.

I still go to group every week, I don't think I could have kept the weight off this long if I didn't. I cycle with a gain one week and then a loss the next. I have never managed to STS. Nowadays I pretty much just stick to plan, I log all my food on my ipad with the mynetdiary app just to keep an eye on things.

Good luck on your journey and when it comes time to keep the weight off remember to seek support and advice as it is definitely not easy!

Thanks yes do go to a group. I am fortunate really as 3 of my colleagues are on SW so we are always comparing recipes and sometimes get to group together. One is maintaining- she has lost a lot of weight and it was creeping back on so she joined sw and lost the weight and is maintaining well. Its the exercise that is bothering me. Not my favourite thing. Have been walking but when the dark cold nights come that will stop.

I've been on SW for 13 months I've lost 61 lbs (4 stone 5 lbs), I do 3 one hour workout sessions a week inc zumba, gym and spinning at the minute I'm not doing any due to breaking coccyx - ouch - I do both with my friend which helps us to boost each other and swap recipes.

I eat more now than before I started on this journey I used to skip meals and think it would help me lose weight.

To start with I introduced exercise gradually with 15 mins a day just walking round the block and now when I don't work out I feel lethargic its amazing. You may find when you do start to exercise you'll gain a couple of pounds but don't let that put you off as muscle weighs more than fat and once your body gets used used to the work your metabolism will catch up and do what its meant to do.

Good luck hun x x

Hi there I joined SW January 2010 and lost 2.5 stone. I reached my target on the 6th september last year and have maintained that loss for almost a year now. I have just returned from holiday (2weeks all inc) so will see on monday if I have gone out of target or not. I still attend class every week and find that helps to keep within target.

Back