Ketone sticks!

Chellywelly

Silver Member
Hey ive purchased some ketone sticks to monitor my ketosis or to see if im actually there since i dont have any energy or cold hands (feet are freezing tho) anyway i just had to see lol

i tested my pee (tmi) anyway and compared the color of the stick to the colors on the tube, it tested postive for ketones but wasnt the darkest or most concentrated color it was about 3 out of 5 if that makes sense? just wondering if that means im in full ketosis as ketones arnt normally in urine anyway, it was wayyyyyy darker yesterday im not hungry tho so i guess thats a good sign?!!! help lol:confused:

Best advice... throw them out and dont buy them again.

If you follow the plan you'll get into ketosis usually within 3-5 days. Not everyone has the symptoms.

Some people like the sticks, but if you stick to the plan you know you will be in ketosis. Peeing on them and checking wont make it happen, or not happen.

I agree, don't rely on the ketostics, they aren't always accurate

The only 2 symptoms I have are not feeling physically hungry and more energy. I haven't felt cold this time around

Any sign of pink means you are in ketosis. Most people don't reach the bottom colour. Some people are in ketosis and never show anything on the sticks.

You'll only get the darkest colour if you're dehydrated - so it's good news!

what weasey said, if you are drinking the recommended amount of liquids it should be a barely there pale pink anyway...i dont use them, its just another pointless thing to make me question myself and why im doing this.

haha thanks guys, yer i agree they arnt always accurate! but thats good and has reassured me either way, they are 14 pounds a pack so i wont be buying anymore belive me lol! i guess ill just keep them for when i have a break in a few weeks, and see how fast i get back into ketosis (hopefully) im scared of a break incase i go haywire!:D

OMG I think I paid something like a fiver for mine!

:O thats just stupid! no way would i pay that, there was a crisp in the shape of homer simpsons head going for 200,000! some people are crazy!

hahaha! ok ok i wont get anymore :angeldevil: :D

Haha as soon as I saw the titled I knew you would get told off by Starlight :D I got told off too when I first asked and even though I know I shouldn't use them I do some days just because they need using up.. I don't think you are supposed to keep them more than 6 months and I am not planning on dieting EVER again!
Anyway I have followed this diet to the letter and some days it shows no ketones at all but apparently that just means that there is no overspill of ketones in your urine so they are a waste of money really!!

Got mine from Ebay.

How do I know if I am in ketosis if I am not using sticks? I am not getting any yet but am worried about weight loss on S&S as when I got on the scales today I had only lost 2lbs in 3 days which isnt much compared to Lipotrim

shyvon said:
How do I know if I am in ketosis if I am not using sticks? I am not getting any yet but am worried about weight loss on S&S as when I got on the scales today I had only lost 2lbs in 3 days which isnt much compared to Lipotrim

2lbs in 3 days is great. The average on a VLCD is 3 to 4 a week so you're bang on target Thats exactly the same as LT All vlcds have the same losses If you stick to the plan you'll be in ketosis simple as that :). Besides it's the calorie deficit that causes weight loss

it takes 3-5 days to get into ketosis, not everyone has symptoms if you follow the diet 100% then you will be in ketosis soon enough

Hi girls I work at a hospital and was told the ketones part of the urine dip sticks is to mainly check people aren't in ketosis and dehydrated. It's mainly used by doctor to monitor people who have surgery and on liquid nitrigain diets. They use it as part of the refeed to gain weight not loose. They titrate the amount given to get then out of ketosis not in. It's been sold as a slimming device as it could possible show you going into ketosis and dehydration.

Hope this helps.

Xxxxxxxx

Back