• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketones??

S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st12.5lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi All,

Am on day 2, and wanted to know when I would expect to be in Ketosis and will that stop the hunger pangs?

I was a bit naughty and bought some testing sticks from the pharmacist this morning and the stick said I had traces of ketones, so I am guessing I am on the way?

V.determined for this to succeed and trying to take it one day at a time. Have 5 stone to lose and looking forward to being able to wear a swimming costume without hiding behind a towel!!

Any advice would be great. Thanks Tracy

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st0lb C: 11st10lb G: 9st8lb Loss: 3st4lb(21.9%)
Welcome to the forum Tracy. You'll find it a great help - there's loads of support on here. It varies from person to person, but it's usually 3 to 4 days to get into ketosis. Good luck with your journey!

wew1745

S: 14st12lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 4st2lb(27.88%)
Hi, Tracy
You have done the right thing joining this forum I have had loads of advice from it.
Good luck.

brochmor

food is not my friend!
S: 14st7lb C: 12st0lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 2st7lb(17.24%)
I had headaches the first few days but i upped my water intake and the headaches have been fine since! Good luck with your journey you're almost through the worst bit!! xxx

S: 19st5lb C: 17st9lb Loss: 1st10lb(8.86%)
Hi, Tracy, I'm finding it the other way around- day two for me too and I'm really struggling today, feel really tired, headache n can't stop thinking about food whereas I was fine yesterday! Am focusing on the end result though, hoping it will pass soon and trying to visualise myself 5 stone lighter :) good luck x

S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st12.5lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Carobert, keep reminding ourselves what we want to achieve, had a bath and early night to get over the worst bit. Day three now and the smelly breath has kicked in!:eek:

Do feel much better today and not at all hungry. Hope the same for you :):) Good Luck xx

S: 19st5lb C: 17st9lb Loss: 1st10lb(8.86%)
Hi Tracy, yes day 3 was much better (despite the smelly breath :)) I managed to bake for and go to a bonfire party and stayed 100% which I am really pleased about- i just keep thinking about the end goal, wishing you lots of luck in your weight loss journey, Caroline x

lorraineA

Silver Member
S: 21st5lb C: 17st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.6 Loss: 3st9lb(17.06%)
I got 4 ++++ from pharmacist yesterday so was in maximum ketosis - wow! Even he was impressed lol

lorraineA

Silver Member
S: 21st5lb C: 17st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.6 Loss: 3st9lb(17.06%)
Does that mean I have the smelliest breath too? lol