Ketosis and sw?

spudnik

Hi, just been for a general health check at my doctors and part of that was a urine test, she said it was showing a traces of ketosis in my urine.. i was a bit baffled as im not sure what it is ive seen it mentioned by people on other very low cal diets but im not sure why ive got it, or is that normal on sw?

I said i was doing sw to her and she said am i eating lots or starving myself and I obv responded with im eating loads which I am! today for example i had weetabix sprinkled with sugar for breakfast, pitta bread split in two with tomato puree on a full box of mushrooms split between the 2 halves and cheese on top of that and grilled, with roasted cubed sweet potato, gerkins and tomatoes for my lunch and i left some of that cus i was stuffed! tea will be spanish tortilla packed with veggies and prob baked beans, then a treat later with whats left from my daily syns, im doing green days.

Can someone explain what it is in easy terms i googled it but got confused and whether its normal on sw?

If you havent eaten for a while your body goes into ketosis, so since the last thing you ate your body must have burned all that as carbohydrate and has moved on to fat . It just means you need to eat something xx

Id say its very unlikely youre in any kind of ketosis with what youre eating. Ketosis is a fat burning state your body goes into when youre eating no or very little carbs. If anything you might be showing trace of ketones in your urine, I believe things other than diet can show that though.

you dont go into ketosis because youre over eating or not eating enough :confused: If you got your urine test first thing in the morning before youve had brekkie that could be part of the reason

You havent been doing red days recently have you?

I heard of ketosis but only from diets like Atkins and dukan which are very low carb diets

I remember once when i was pregnant having a dip stick urine test and being told i was in ketosis. I can assure you I was not, I was eating for more than 2 at the time hahah

Am sure its just a random reading and wouldn't worry about it :)

Last time I had a urine test the thing the dr dipped into it showed I had protein and blood in my urine, but after another test it was clear. So I would say wait til the full results come back before worrying about it, these dip stick tests seem to be a load of rubbish :)

Are you drinking enough? When I had ketones in my urine (while pregnant) They said a possible cause could be dehydration? :confused:

Totally agree with starlight on this.

I did low carb for a few years and researched a lot into this.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I had keytones whilst in labour I was told it was combination of being a while since I'd eaten and stress/excitement and the energy used by contracting, they made me drink a huge glass of milk... Yuck!

as the others have said , there is no way you will be in ketosis on SW . Ketones in urine can also mean 2 other things , dehydration ( most likely ) and diabetes . I would up your fluid intake and see how you get on

Back